Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Thunder @ Rockets

Unfortunately I didn't get to watch this one tonight, but what a huge, unexpected win. And with the win and the Portland loss, that give the Rockets a huge 3-game advantage in the loss column. As long as they take care of business and beat most of the teams they're supposed to beat down the stretch, the 4th seed is essentially theirs.

For anyone who caught the game tonight, what was the difference this time around compared to the previous three games?

vCash
    I kinda want to think that the Thunder mighta scored more down the stretch if Durant wasn't going for the 25 every time down the floor. He was taking a few bad shots and it might have cost them the game. That being said, they probably went to him anyway down the stretch because he's KD, after all. Parsons and then especially Garcia played great D on Durant and Harden was amazing. No Casspi and no Hamilton again. Jones played well but I don't remember seeing DMo in the game after some solid play in the first quarter. Lin wasn't godawful but wasn't very good, either. Same for Canaan.

vCash
    All I know is there was about 6 times where all I could say was, "wow, Jeremy Lin is garbage".

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    After watching this game and seeing how we played this time around, I really feel like we could potentially upset the thunder in the playoffs. If Dwight shows up being the Dwight from 09-10 playoffs, I really think we have a shot. Although I don't see being able to contain ibaka? He dropped 29 quietly last night. And he has a lot more length than jones, although Jones is playing extremely good right now, defensively it's not a good match up. Also I like the rival Garcia and durant have going. At times it seems like Garcia is getting in durants head a little but then mchale takes him out which I don't understand. He still will drop 30 a night because he is durant. And although Westbrook wasn't playing neither was Beverly which, he seems to give Westbrook hell when they play.

vCash
    How did we win? We played better defense on Durant. There were times in the fourth that we had Garcia stuck on Durant and the rest of the team played zone. Deny passes to Durant, doubled him on the pick and roll. He made some shots but not enough this time.

Lin, harden, and Garcia made big threes in the fourth.

Having Dwight might keep Ibaka from blocking six again because he'll have to respect the ally oop, but if we waste 5-6 possessions on Dwight Howard post ups... I don't think we win against the okc.