Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Chris Johnson thread

Released today

according to Schefter Jets one of 4 teams to contact Titans about potential trade (Atl, Buf, Mia)

perfect compliment to Ivory, perfect back for Marty

biggest question is attitude and whether he wants to be a team player

should they do it?

Under 5m per, I think its a no brainer as long as he knows what he's signing up for

vCash
    I'm on board
    NYJ
    Jet Nation

NYK
    #3ToTheHead

NYY

Get Up!!!

http://twitter.com/TrueNYJetGS

vCash
    If he will take 4mil then we do it. I feel like Miami would be his preference, but that line is a big question mark.

vCash
    I gotta be honest here, his stats over the past 3 years do not impress me in the slightest. Just look them up, seriously. Not great, maybe a little above average?

If we're going to spend $4-5 million on him, I would have much preferred spending it on James Jones, Emmanuel Sanders or Geoff Schwartz.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    I gotta be honest here, his stats over the past 3 years do not impress me in the slightest. Just look them up, seriously. Not great, maybe a little above average?

If we're going to spend $4-5 million on him, I would have much preferred spending it on James Jones, Emmanuel Sanders or Geoff Schwartz.
    I have to disagree. He has never had a season of under 1,000 yards and the season before last he ran for over 1,200 yards and had an average of 4.5 yards per carry. That's not too shabby.

vCash
    At first I really wasn't that interested a few weeks ago when I heard he was likely getting released, but I've warmed up to it. CJ and Ivory are perfect compliments and would easily form one of the top duos in the league. As long as Johnson coming here doesn't completely take away from Ivory's carries, I'd be all for it. He gives us the receiving threat that Ivory isn't.

However even if we do get Chris Johnson, people in this forum need to stop underrating Ivory. He's a REALLY solid running back. He averaged 4.6 YPC behind a non-existent passing game and a pretty lack-luster O-Line. I think if he can stay a bit more healthy this upcoming year, hopefully with an upgrading Passing Attack, Ivory will continue to run really strong.

If we average 25-30 carries a game, call me crazy, but I still want Ivory receiving the slight majority of them. We need Johnson to make big plays and catch the ball out of the backfield.

Unfortunately, if CJ comes here, it likely means the end to Goodson who I still think can turn it around.

vCash

vCash
    I think guys have to give up on the idea of Goodson. I'm pretty sure he is going away for a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets012 View Post
    At first I really wasn't that interested a few weeks ago when I heard he was likely getting released, but I've warmed up to it. CJ and Ivory are perfect compliments and would easily form one of the top duos in the league. As long as Johnson coming here doesn't completely take away from Ivory's carries, I'd be all for it. He gives us the receiving threat that Ivory isn't.

However even if we do get Chris Johnson, people in this forum need to stop underrating Ivory. He's a REALLY solid running back. He averaged 4.6 YPC behind a non-existent passing game and a pretty lack-luster O-Line. I think if he can stay a bit more healthy this upcoming year, hopefully with an upgrading Passing Attack, Ivory will continue to run really strong.

If we average 25-30 carries a game, call me crazy, but I still want Ivory receiving the slight majority of them. We need Johnson to make big plays and catch the ball out of the backfield.

Unfortunately, if CJ comes here, it likely means the end to Goodson who I still think can turn it around.
    Never saw anyone underrate Ivory on this forum? I personally love him, and hoping he turns into a beast and top tier RB like Lynch did.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    I think guys have to give up on the idea of Goodson. I'm pretty sure he is going away for a while.
    Maybe - but I am confused then by why the JETS restructured him at a lower rate overall but GTD $700k of it?

I am going from memory and never fully read the story so I could be mistaken...perhaps you could shed some light?

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    I'm really not sure what to make of that. A going away present maybe? Lol!
    Last edited by Gideon; 04-04-2014 at 03:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets012 View Post

He has 5 catches in his career

and his 180 touches were a career high for a guy that likes to miss games

I like Ivory, he is a good hard runner, but let's not make him out to be something he is not. If he gets all or a majority of the carries, your offense is pretty predictable and its a longshot he even stays healthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Never saw anyone underrate Ivory on this forum? I personally love him, and hoping he turns into a beast and top tier RB like Lynch did.
    This. Just wish he could catch. CJ would give us speed and receiver skills.

vCash
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m
    Obviously, there wasn’t enough interest in Chris Johnson (& his contract) for #Titans to be able to deal him. Source says #Jets came closest

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m
    Obviously, there wasn’t enough interest in Chris Johnson (& his contract) for #Titans to be able to deal him. Source says #Jets came closest
    Well, this is interesting.

A.) Either already have renegotiated his contract; therefore, should already have that side of things worked out
    B.) Were willing to pay him almost $8M/year

So in either of their scenarios - he shouldnt be hard to bring in here

However; dont disregard the fact that trading means you get him. Now that he is a free agent, he has the CHOICE of where to go. He may view our backfield as "crowded"...and may prefer a STL or somewhere else.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast