Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Mike Williams TRADED.

James Walker of ESPN.com, citing a league source, reports that the Bills have traded a sixth-round pick to Buccaneers in exchange for WR Mike Williams.

Pro Football Talk reports that the Buccaneers won’t incur a cap hit by trading Williams.

In recent months, Williams has dealt with numerous off-the-field issues that prompted speculation that he could be cut loose at some point following the draft.

This almost guarantees that the Buccaneers will be targeting a receiver in the draft, possibly at No. 7 overall, depending on how things play out.
    Williams, 26, still has five years remaining on his six-year, $40.25 million contract that included $9.4 million guaranteed.

He has a base salary of $1.2 million to go along with $1 million roster bonuses for the 2014 season.

Mike Garafolo of Fox Sports previously reported that the remaining guarantees included in Williams‘ contract won’t take effect until the 2015 season, which means the Bills could always get out from under his contract next year.

Last year, Williams was limited to playing in six games after he suffered a season-ending hamstring injury. He caught 22 passes for 216 yards receiving and two touchdowns.
    Link: http://nfltraderumors.co/report-bill...mike-williams/
    Last edited by bucc4life; 04-04-2014 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Included Link.

vCash
    Pissed it was only a 6th but at least we didnt just cut him like everyone else. Frees up more cap space and looks like we will be adding Watkins or Evans at 7 now. I like the move but I know it’s not a popular one. He was just too much of a distraction for the new regime.

vCash
    I guess I am fine with it. Defintely see Evans at 7 now for us. We still need some receiver depth hardcore but Williams wasn't doing himself any favors and I'm not awfully upset he is gone. 6th rounder stinks but i honestly thought he would be straight released eventually.
    [CENTER][[CENTER]

vCash
    HUGE hole at WR now no debating that

vCash
    Im not really that stung by this news today, I'm sure all of us had a little sense that this was going to happen..

I'm glad we actually got SOMETHING out of it.

vCash
    Should of been able to get at least a higher 5th but whatever. We seen it coming. We may end up adding 2 WRs in this draft. There still FA after the draft so we will have much more options before week 1.

2014 is a New Beginning

vCash
    P.s. This is why I stopped getting Buccs jerseys a while ago. I wanted Williams and Freeman back in 2011 but decided I'd wait, glad I did. Retired players or customized is the way to go...

2014 is a New Beginning

vCash
    ^^^ Yup, I only own Selmon, Gruber, Brooks, Sapp, Barber, Lynch and Alstott jerseys.

I might get David's and if Gerald McCoy signs his extension soon, I'll consider getting #93

If you have great defense, create turnovers and great special teams, you can win 10 games - Lovie Smith

vCash
    I'm actually impressed we got anything for him. Philly couldn't get anything for Jackson, Titans got nothing for CJy2k and we get a 6th rounder for Williams. Very nice but now we need to look at Evans in this draft big time

vCash
    Our 32nd ranked offense just got worse. I understand the move, but really wish they could have given him a chance. I think it would have been a better decision to hold onto Williams for a year and then evaluate the situation from there.

vCash

vCash
    Best FA available at WR?

2014 is a New Beginning

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderGodsArmor7 View Post
    Best FA available at WR?
    Posted it in the offseason thread.

vCash
    They must have a plan for someone. Surly Lovie wont dare go with Louis Murphy at #2. I think we'll either try and snag Watkins in the 1st and then go with one more FA pick up like Santonio Holmes maybe. Or Try and trade down, draft Evans then maybe a Marquese Lee in the 3rd. Then we'd be set at WR.
    The Legends

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    JBF had an interesting little piece on possibly getting Stevie Johnson, I could 100% get behind that and with him we could look else where at 7 but if we don't the pick has to Watkins or Evans mayyyyyyybe Lee/Cook if we traded down and picked up like a 2nd

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast