Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Tribe sign Kipnis to Extension!!!

Indians signed 2B Jason Kipnis to a six-year, $52.5 million contract extension.
    The deal also includes a $16.5 million club option for the 2020 season. The two sides had set Opening Day as a deadline for extension talks, but they were close enough to the finish line at the end of spring training that talks spilled over into the regular season. Kipnis, who turned 27 Thursday, is a career .270/.348/.423 hitter with 38 homers and 68 steals over his first 340 games. The deal locks him up for his first two and possibly three years of free agency.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/m...year-extension

Great deal and good to see this getting done early instead of dragging into the season. Santana/Kip/Brantley the core of the offense moving forward with hopefully progression from Gomes and then the development of Naquin, Frazier, Lindor and possibly Aguilar.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    Great signing! Never thought they'd be able to get this done.

vCash
    Well its not April 1st so I guess this is real.

Its great to see thy are keeping our guys. I think the FO is really reading this message board lol. Because they would never do this in the past.

Wish they woulda kept a pitcher though. Masterson is next!
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Well its not April 1st so I guess this is real.

Its great to see thy are keeping our guys. I think the FO is really reading this message board lol. Because they would never do this in the past.

Wish they woulda kept a pitcher though. Masterson is next!
    Hopefully some of the young guys like Bauer, Salazar, Carrasco and possibly Cody Anderson soon can make them look like Geniuses next year when Masty walks. One can hope.

As for now I hope Masty becomes a 18-20million a year pitcher next year on the market as that would mean he went off this season.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE