Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Optimism running high among some Vets

I'm totally on board with what C Wood and co. are saying and more "homer" than I usually am.

I think it's good for leadership to set the bar high, but also bear in mind the part about "team chemistry".

http://goldengatesports.com/2014/04/...king-playoffs/

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    Chemistry is important, all of the pieces have to function correctly together.

Good read but at this point it's just some feel good blah blah blah. It is good though that the story is coming from the players...
    " I have only three rules, be on time, pay attention, and play like hell on Sunday"

-John Madden

vCash
    I enjoy optimism, but when is it not high among players throughout the offseason?! Things have to be pretty dire for hope to be lost in April. The team has clearly improved though.

vCash
    Every year - and I do mean every year - we hear the same nonsense about the locker room being better, optimism being high, yada yada yada, etc...

It's all nonsense. Let's see what happens when the season starts.

vCash
    There is something to this. RM brought in a lot of 'leaders' and guys with chips on their shoulders. By establishing themselves now, they are creating their style of environment. Bring the others into that environment now, get them fired up, and they will show up prepared, mentally and physically. It is what you expect from leadership. Better than hearing the Raiders suck and no one wants to be there....eh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Renz13 View Post
    I enjoy optimism, but when is it not high among players throughout the offseason?! Things have to be pretty dire for hope to be lost in April. The team has clearly improved though.
    Last year?

I didn't go into last year optimistic.
    I was praying that Pryor would pan out.

Hoping we could roll that hard six...

vCash
    I guess the "among players" could've been high?

vCash
    It's April. Call me in October.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider:28265493
    I guess the "among players" could've been high?
    Yeah, I meant among players. They're always saying these type of things.

vCash
    We're gonna be alright. Schedule is insanely tough, and will more than likely require the ball to bounce our way a couple of times, but I see a 6-10, 7-9 team...if we're lucky.
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    I Remember when Aaron Brooks had just been picked up. Aaron Brooks to Randy Moss was supposed to be the new 2 ...Sadly like every season since the Super Bowl Year it didnt work well. This offseason RM has been aggressive picking up some good veterans. I have high hopes but I am also a realist I will root for my squad through thick and thin hoping that this is the year they deliver!

vCash
    Why not? This is the best we have looked on paper for a long time, and we have "proven" winners on the team now. I think there is a chance we make some noise this year. I guess it really depends on the draft, but I haven't had this much confidence going into the season in a long time.

vCash
    no, they're not 'always saying these types of things.' raiders coaches have always sugarcoated things in the offseason, but players are always on one bandwagon or another. we've had offseasons where players were just brutal to management. i know that words are cheap, but change has got to start somewhere. i, for one, would rather read about our vet leaders that we gambled on saying the right things and getting the younger guys to 'buy in' than anything else. their attitude is good so far, so we're on the right track. there isn't really much else they can do now, is there?
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    I disagree, Chirp. If players are not making optimistic proclamations throughout the offseason, things are very bleak. Such comments are pretty standard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Renz13 View Post
    I disagree, Chirp. If players are not making optimistic proclamations throughout the offseason, things are very bleak. Such comments are pretty standard.
    They are standard....... But if those players are saying it to just say it.... not good. I've said it before and say it again, the NFL is the easiest professional sport to turn around. 4-12 teams can be 12-4 teams in one year. Happens all the time. It also can go the other way. Cwood knows, and has been there. Confidence and character goes a long way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast