Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Raiders top 5 in most improved team in 2014

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200..._atl_wesseling

Kind of nice to see other people seeing the change in Oakland. ESPN probably have us as the worst because of the Veldheer and Houston departure.
    “You don’t adjust. You just dominate.”
    -Al Davis
    Reggie Please draft Aaron Donald.

vCash
    Most Improved Offense...

...on paper. Hopefully.

vCash
    not to throw cold water on it,but most improved is contextually meaningless as far as projections come and go.its like saying a team will double their win total which sounds great until you explain they were a one win team.
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    not to throw cold water on it,but most improved is contextually meaningless as far as projections come and go.its like saying a team will double their win total which sounds great until you explain they were a one win team.
    OUCH!!!! Brother go get another bagel or soda and come back down to nicey-nice.

vCash
    While rare, I very much agree with Steph here. A student who carries failing grades but breaks his *** and improves to a C- may very well be one of the most improved students in class....but he still isn't one of the best.

Long way to go....temper your expectations to guard against disappointment. Lol, expect the worst and all your surprises will be pleasant.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    While rare, I very much agree with Steph here. A student who carries failing grades but breaks his *** and improves to a C- may very well be one of the most improved students in class....but he still isn't one of the best.

Long way to go....temper your expectations to guard against disappointment. Lol, expect the worst and all your surprises will be pleasant.

-Stork
    Is this sport unique though ?

Can you turn a failing grade around in one year in the NFL & go from F to A ?

Free agency, roster movements, the draft, etc. With the amount of roster turnover in this day and age it seems teams get better & falter at a drop of a dime. Happens quick sometimes in the league.

Raiders have like 5 different upgrades on both sides of the ball really.

QB, RB, WR, OG, & RT on offense.
    DE (2), DT, CB (2) on defense.

So who knows if they can turn that F into an A real quick. Need to hit on a couple more via the draft.

vCash
    BB, I've been a sports fan long enough to know that miracles do happen....but they're rare.

Maybe we hoist a Lombardi this year, but I doubt it. If we finish at .500, I'll be very pleased.

-Stork

vCash
    The schedule doesn't worry me - every team in the AFC West is playing the same schedule, with Oakland facing the last place teams in the South and North (IIRC?).

The Broncos are a better franchise. If Manning is healthy, they're a playoff team. The Chiefs and Chargers, however, are far less certain to compete at a playoff level all season.

Oakland may not make the playoffs, but they might end up as the #2 team in the division. The Chiefs and Chargers are not 'sure bets' to be competitive, as history has shown - KC went from the best in the division in '10 to a lost franchise in '11 and '12.

vCash
    BB, I've been a sports fan long enough to know that miracles do happen....but they're rare.

Maybe we hoist a Lombardi this year, but I doubt it. If we finish at .500, I'll be very pleased.

-Stork
    I'm right there with ya. .500 would be a great start. Landing a couple impact players in the draft might net us that Lombardi trophy. Pretty tough though.

I keep looking at those teams on the schedule and think .500 even looks pretty darn tough to do. That would be a good accomplishment.

vCash
    Yeah I agree 8-8 would be nice. I think MD wants to see improvement this season.
    -Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laek View Post
    Yeah I agree 8-8 would be nice. I think MD wants to see improvement this season.
    It would be nice ,but i want more, much more. It's time to think big the nation has suffered long enough.
    Eat to live don't live to eat.

vCash
    I think we RM has to lay the foundation first and MD has to let him continue his plan if the Raiders win 7 or 8 games. Yes winning more would be nice but MD shouldn't expect a playoff team yet. If MD fires RM and DA the Raiders will be at square one again. The Raiders have been pretty stable since the MD became owner and I hope he doesn't get in hands in things.
    -Al Davis

vCash

-Stork
    So what are you saying, set low expectations you'll rarely be disappointed?

vCash
    Just be realistic is all. The roster on paper looks better, but Woodley and Penn haven't played well in a few seasons. Tuck had a good string of games after 2 poor seasons. MJD didn't look the same as before injury.
    We weren't even in the game with the Chiefs or Broncos. We could definitely steal one from the Chargers like we have the past two seasons.

vCash
    Idk man.. I'm expecting at the very least 9 wins from this team. If we have a repeat of last season, then it's clear some witch doctor done put a jinx on this team.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast