Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Article on the RM re-build

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ong-term-goals

this was a fairly unbiased piece, thought you guys might like it.
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

vCash
    Nice read. Howard's deal can be voided after 1 year and only 8 million guarenteed
    “You don’t adjust. You just dominate.”
    -Al Davis
    Reggie Please draft Aaron Donald.

vCash
    I still think we overpaid for Howard but a good read for sure. Made a lot of good points. www.overthecap.com is my new favorite site lol

vCash
    All the deals are described as pay-as-you-go which wasnt an approach i had read much on.
    Basically instead of signing bonuses, everyones annual salaries become guaranteed if they are on the roster at specific points through the contracts length,so if you make cutdowns,THAT year becomes guarenteed,but not the following ones.this is a win-win for the player and the club,it prevents dead cap,but provides a measure of insurance against injury without giving huge bonus money upfront.
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

vCash
    It's a good read and great strategy.

C'mon Reggie!!! We need a home run draft!
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    go raiders

vCash
    BOY,do we ever.Without some youth on the roster the FA haul will be for naught.
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

vCash
    Nice article and yup while some might say Reggie could be on his way out the guy is making smart calculated deals that aren't going to hurt us even if he's gone in a couple years. Go Reggie and go DA lets make the damn playoffs and see what happens from there.

vCash
    Nice article. This makes me feel even more like Reggie will trade down and do it more than once.

vCash
    Interesting>>>>>

vCash
    Nice read and on the money..should make for an interesting draft. The CBS guys, (Kirwan, etc) while not as well known, seem to at least have some objectivity in their writings. .

vCash
    Hopefully nobody is satisfied with the 7 or 8 wins projected by the article. It was very accurate and a good read however don't agree with 7 or 8 wins. As much as people want to debate.... TP didn't get hurt, we beat Washington, NY, and Tennessee. If those games were won, another game or two would put us in playoff hunt. I think those games could have been achieved by MM, but that wasn't the situation (Please don't respond to the TP-MM thing... Its been covered).

My point is that last year was a 7 or 8 win caliber team. With all that's been done, winning 9-11 games is a must or heads may roll. I could handle winning 8 and being competitive in most losses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Hopefully nobody is satisfied with the 7 or 8 wins projected by the article. It was very accurate and a good read however don't agree with 7 or 8 wins. As much as people want to debate.... TP didn't get hurt, we beat Washington, NY, and Tennessee. If those games were won, another game or two would put us in playoff hunt. I think those games could have been achieved by MM, but that wasn't the situation (Please don't respond to the TP-MM thing... Its been covered).

My point is that last year was a 7 or 8 win caliber team. With all that's been done, winning 9-11 games is a must or heads may roll. I could handle winning 8 and being competitive in most losses.
    This maybe the worst post I have read this year. Love me or hate me has nothing on this guy.

Have you even looked at our schedule? 7-8 wins would be huge with that schedule

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfaninTX View Post
    This maybe the worst post I have read this year. Love me or hate me has nothing on this guy.

Have you even looked at our schedule? 7-8 wins would be huge with that schedule
    While i agree with you,its important to let people express their opinion without putting them on blast,it is infact a very hurtful thing to do.I think it would be great if you took a minute to consider that.

This schedule IS a real sonofa*****, but if RM can put together a quality draft ,and sign one or two more FAs...we have a shot at those 8 wins.Getting Desean would have helped in the draft ,allowing us to trade down ,now I think there wil be an urgency in the raiders camp for Watkins,which may work out,but i dont like holes that require decisions.thats how you wind up with Hayden.
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

vCash
    With a ton of pressure on his shoulders, Reggie was able to remain disciplined.

We won't know how well he's done until the season starts, but from a business perspective, I've been very impressed. Reggie needed to make something happen, but he still kept his cool.

vCash
    I still think 8-8 is a goal.

6-10 is the minimum for the Staff to survive (if games are competitive.

7-9 is my prediction /middle ground.

Anything more than 7-9 is a win IMO

anything 8-8+ or playoffs is dance a jig worthy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast