Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Emilio Bonifacio sets MLB record in his first two games

According to MLB Network: Bonifacio is the only player in the modern era that has ever had 9 hits in his first two games

http://www.csnchicago.com/cubs/fun-n...-flirt-history

Something to enjoy I guess!

vCash

Jill Garvey <3

vCash
    It's what he does.

vCash
    Boner!
    There is always a PLAN "B".

vCash
    When are the Cubs retiring his number?

vCash
    I will say this, I don't think that I have ever seen someone that came up an infielder look as comfortable in CF as he does.

vCash
    I called it when we signed him, WS bound.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    lol 2014

vCash
    Great Player? Or THE Greatest Player?

vCash
    Dude is going to be some killer trade bait if he can have a great first half...

dude has speed and can play a billion different positions...If the BA and OBP are good, I think a team would give ya a nice player for him.

Take me back to the Forest

vCash
    If he has a good first half, I see no reason to trade him. 28 years old. Versatile. While he's obviously not going to keep this up, but if he can be a .320 wOBA hitter with the ability to play all over the field, he's got 2-3 win potential and would be a great bench option.

At some point you have to keep assets instead of giving them all up.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

vCash
    I'd love to keep him around for when we're ready to contend hopefully next year or year after. He's just so versatile he could be a great addition to a playoff bound team.

I really hope Cubs start doing this with Alcantara get him in the outfield and 3rd base. Already considered a good enough defender to play shortstop and a great defensive 2nd basemen. It's not easy to learn all those positions but with his athleticism he's the type of guy who can pull it off. Having a guy who can potentially hit 15 hrs steal 30-40 bags efficiently and if his walk rate jump wasn't a fluke he'll be a perfect lead off candidate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    If he has a good first half, I see no reason to trade him. 28 years old. Versatile. While he's obviously not going to keep this up, but if he can be a .320 wOBA hitter with the ability to play all over the field, he's got 2-3 win potential and would be a great bench option.

At some point you have to keep assets instead of giving them all up.
    Exactly, we are going to need someone to play CF next year until Almora hopefully gets the call. He is the perfect guy for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Exactly, we are going to need someone to play CF next year until Almora hopefully gets the call. He is the perfect guy for that.
    I doubt Almora is up next year, personally.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

vCash
    Don't overthink this. It's 3 nice games worth of Emilio Bonifacio. He isn't killer trade bait, he's a nice utility player that sometimes is a not that terrible starter. There's very little reason to trade him and very little reason to be excited about him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast