In the 2014 offseason thread, I mentioned that I would try and come up with a new thread to create some new discussion during the offseason. Looking at the offseason calendar, the next key date is the 2014 schedule release. The 2014 schedule is currently projected to be released between April 11th-16th.With that said, I figured whom ever was interested in having some friendly competition can participate in the following challenge. Here are the rules:
1. We know who the Lions are playing in 2014, but can you predict when they will play each team? To participate, all you need to do is post your prediction on who the Lions will play in weeks 1-17.
2. Any correct prediction will be awarded two points. There will be no points lost for incorrect predictions. Correctly predicting the BYE week will also earn you 2 points.
3. If you would like to earn bonus points, you can choose to predict the Nationally Televised games that the Lions will play in. To predict a Nationally Televised game, simply place the team name/week in bold. If you predict correctly, you will earn 3 bonus points, however, if you place a team in bold and they are not a Nationally Televised Game, you will lose 1 point. You do not need to get the week correct to earn the bonus points, just the team. With that, if you happen to get the Nationally Televised prediction and the week they play correct, that would be a total of 5 points!
4. For the nationally televised games, you do not need to specify Thursday night, Sunday night or Monday night. Just highlighting in bold will do. Since we already know the ATL/DET game in London, this game will not count for the bonus points (it will still count for 2 points if you put it in the correct week).
5. The person with the most points will win a $25 gift card! You must have a minumum score of 20 points to qualify to win. I have a gift card to McDonald's I can give away. The contest will close on the morning of the schedule release. I will post updates as soon as the exact date is determined. The schedule release is set for 4pm, we just don't know the date yet.