Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Dolan Wins!! (worst owner in the NBA)

Congratulations Jimmy D! Finally a championship in your hands!

30 New York Knicks -- Madison Square Garden Inc, James Dolan 2.14
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...ankings-owners

Dolan : I'm so proud! I'd like to thank ALL the people that made this possible. Mike Woodson, Mike D'Antoni, Eddy Curry, the Knicks Dancers, the girl in the bar that I had fired even if I had to hire her back. And most of all, Isaiah Thomas. This is for YOU buddy....

Stay out of Phil's way Dolan... we're WATCHING you....
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    My only fear that you actually enjoyed making this post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    My only fear that you actually enjoyed making this post.
    I always enjoy bashing Dolan. Especially if there's even a REMOTE chance that it reminds him to keep his dirty paws away from PJax.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

vCash
    dolan had his bed made for him, and he shat all over it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    Congratulations Jimmy D! Finally a championship in your hands!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...ankings-owners

Dolan : I'm so proud! I'd like to thank ALL the people that made this possible. Mike Woodson, Mike D'Antoni, Eddy Curry, the Knicks Dancers, the girl in the bar that I had fired even if I had to hire her back. And most of all, Isaiah Thomas. This is for YOU buddy....

Stay out of Phil's way Dolan... we're WATCHING you....
    You forgot Robert Randolph.

JETS KNICKS YANKEES

vCash
    Man **** what those fake "sports experts" at ESPN think. They can all suck a dick
    We Rep The City! Not A Borough.
    True New Yorkers Wear Orange And Blue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lamzoka View Post
    Man **** what those fake "sports experts" at ESPN think. They can all suck a dick
    That would make sense, but even the Knicks fans think Dolan is the WORST owner in the NBA.... and while we all *PRAY* that Dolan stays out of Phil's way, would YOU bet your house on it? I thought so...

vCash
    How could he be the worst "Owner" with the most profitable team in the NBA?

Mike Woodson NYK

Record ... 72 - 34

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    How could he be the worst "Owner" with the most profitable team in the NBA?
    It's easy when the Knicks have one of the most loyal fan bases in the NBA.

Look at how terrible this season has been, yet we STILL sell out MSG, buy the gear, watch the games, and come to sports forums to talk about the Knicks when most of the season they didn't deserve a dime of our money.

Most products in the real world are judged by how good they are relative to their competition. Not Sports fans. Most of us can't even conceive of the idea of walking... no matter how many times they kick us in the face and spit on our loyalty.

A chimpanzee could own the Knicks and STILL sell out MSG. Oh wait... nm.

And that's how Dolan keeps making bank despite being the worst owner in sports.

vCash
    I have to tell you torocan, you're quite possibly the most self-loathing knick fan I ever met in my life. And that's saying a lot because I have friends of mine who have been fans of this team for 30+ years.

You love to fantasize about other teams' players, you give them great praise and adulation, and you incessantly talk negative about our team, especially when the going gets rough.

it's kind of funny, I NEVER remembered you posting here last year when we won 54 games. NEVER. But I surely remember you during Linsanity and during that summer when we didn't re-sign Lin. Than you disappeared for almost a year from this forum. Very interesting timing to say the least.

As for your negative thread, do we forget the GM's that have been in place since the late 90's when Dolan took over as chairperson of MSG? Do we forget about such morons as Scott Layden or Isiah Thomas or even Donnie Walsh?? All 3 of those guys failed miserably as our GM's, and I'd put more blame on those guys, who actually MADE the day to day basketball decisions for this team, and not Dolan.

Don't make Dolan out to be Donald Sterling here; Dolan has always spent exorbitant amounts of money to bring in players, coaches and upper management people here. Before this year, we had the highest payroll in the league for near a dam decade. At least he TRIEs to put a winning product out there, but it's multifactorial as to the reasons why it hasn't worked out for this franchise in the past 15 years.

You can spew whatever nonsensical garbage you want, but here's the thing: If Dolan didn't care about this team or putting a winning product out, all he'd have to do is put together a team with a payroll at the NBA league minimum (I think around 40-45 million,) and sit back and just collect all the profit from this franchise. He hit the jackpot, he owns a team with such a rabid fanbase in the best location for a sports team in the entire country. Regardless of what garbage product is out there on the court, the Garden would still SELL OUT especially when factoring in the high level of tourism this city sees on an annual basis.

But he doesn't do that. He spends an astronomical amount of money every year in the hopes that the people he puts in management can put together a winning product.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankster View Post
    I have to tell you torocan, you're quite possibly the most self-loathing knick fan I ever met in my life. And that's saying a lot because I have friends of mine who have been fans of this team for 30+ years.

You love to fantasize about other teams' players, you give them great praise and adulation, and you incessantly talk negative about our team, especially when the going gets rough.

it's kind of funny, I NEVER remembered you posting here last year when we won 54 games. NEVER. But I surely remember you during Linsanity and during that summer when we didn't re-sign Lin. Than you disappeared for almost a year from this forum. Very interesting timing to say the least.

As for your negative thread, do we forget the GM's that have been in place since the late 90's when Dolan took over as chairperson of MSG? Do we forget about such morons as Scott Layden or Isiah Thomas or even Donnie Walsh?? All 3 of those guys failed miserably as our GM's, and I'd put more blame on those guys, who actually MADE the day to day basketball decisions for this team, and not Dolan.

Don't make Dolan out to be Donald Sterling here; Dolan has always spent exorbitant amounts of money to bring in players, coaches and upper management people here. Before this year, we had the highest payroll in the league for near a dam decade. At least he TRIEs to put a winning product out there, but it's multifactorial as to the reasons why it hasn't worked out for this franchise in the past 15 years.

You can spew whatever nonsensical garbage you want, but here's the thing: If Dolan didn't care about this team or putting a winning product out, all he'd have to do is put together a team with a payroll at the NBA league minimum (I think around 40-45 million,) and sit back and just collect all the profit from this franchise. He hit the jackpot, he owns a team with such a rabid fanbase in the best location for a sports team in the entire country. Regardless of what garbage product is out there on the court, the Garden would still SELL OUT especially when factoring in the high level of tourism this city sees on an annual basis.

But he doesn't do that. He spends an astronomical amount of money every year in the hopes that the people he puts in management can put together a winning product.
    Love guitar Jimmy. Dolan is doing all he can. Your post is right on. He has brought the biggest name coaches, Gms and players here and spent a wad of cash. Now he got Phil. He is the Steinbrenner of Basketball. It just hasn't worked out as well as it has for the Yanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankster View Post

I made plenty of posts last year, and guess what, I called out the SAME defensive deficiencies that I did THIS year. That includes poor rebounding, awful PnR defense, piss poor transition defense, bad defensive schemes, and bad help rotations. And the only reason I stopped posting is the sheer number of "sunshine" fans that couldn't understand what it takes to be a credible championship contender felt that they'd rather drink the Kool-aid and question my Knicks Fandom than recognize what was being put on the floor when we're not hitting a zillion 3 pointers.

As for Dolan, the guy cares, but let's not kid ourselves. His track record speaks for itself, or do you think it's an accident that he ends up on the bottom of countless "worst owners in sports" lists? When FORBES is rating you as the worst owner in sports, it's about MORE than random beat writers.

And yes, I'm a fan of GOOD organizations. The Spurs are the best run franchise in basketball. You'd be an idiot to NOT want to see the Knicks learning some of those lessons. Just like if you run a business, you're an idiot to NOT want to understand what's making them successful.

If the team is run well, guess what, I'm NOT negative.

I'm ecstatic to see the Phil signing. And my only reservation is Jim Dolan.

And please, who hired those GM's? Who got directly involved and interfered with what they were doing? You can give Dolan all the credit you want for "wanting" to do the right thing, but ultimately in competition you only get credit for what you actually do and what you actually achieve. Nobody gets points for good intentions.

I'll stop being negative on the Knicks when the Knicks finish getting their act together. And I've seen enough heartbreak to know that if you have a track record of crappy performance, then you have to build a track record of good performance before anyone will give you credit for the good things you've done.

You think it's a coincidence that Dolan is considered the #1 factor in preventing Knicks success?

And Donald Sterling has been an idiot for years, but he did a heck of a job the last 3 years staying OUT of the way. Once Dolan brings even THAT much of a track record, I'll start cutting him some slack.

As for PJax, I love the guy but I'm not delusional either. I *think* he can be a good GM, but the guy has never done it. I *hope* that he does a great job and gets great results, but he doesn't have a track record.

I'm 100% operating on faith when it comes to Phil Jackson. However, don't think for a second I wouldn't rather have PJax on the bench instead of the back office. Or that I wouldn't have been just as happy if not more so to see a world class GM running the show. However, I just don't trust a guy like Dolan to stay out of the way of a guy without the name recognition of a guy like Phil.

As for your "self-loathing" comment, yes, I hate loving and rooting for a team that has underperformed for far more years than is conceivable given the advantages in finances and location. I hate having to defend the Knicks to everyone I meet when they flash their Lakers, Bulls and Celtics jerseys. I hate seeing Woodson's hare brained defensive schemes and the games where the players put less effort on the floor than the towel boys. And yes, I hate the job that Dolan has done.

So Dolan is willing to spend money to win. Big freaking deal. There's a ton of guys that would LOVE to own the Knicks and would have been happy to spend that money to try to win. Hell, Prokhorov isn't even American and he was willing to spend MORE than the Knicks in spite of how idiotic I think some of his decisions have been.

And honestly, let's not give Dolan too much credit for opening the pocket books. He owns one of the most profitable franchises in history. It's a lot easier to spend, spend, spend when you're making more money than Midas than if you're in the middle of nowhere.

I give Dolan credit for one thing this decade, and that's hiring PJax and saying he'll get out of the way. Until I see that that's true, his record stands.

vCash
    I won't disagree with either for or against Dolan but let's be real. Media ,especially espn, loves to exaggerate to borderline trolling towards ny and especially knick fans even as bad as Dolan has been last 15 years

I can't say I disagree with Dolan being the worse but they make it seem like he's the anti Christ and should be banish to the depths of hell

vCash
    Dolan is the worst owner in the league and we all knew that. But I do think that Knicks were judged harshly. There is a huge difference between us at #30 and the #29 team. 1.2 pts and knicks are the only team below 3.0 and we're well below.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    James Dolan is the real reason we've been a joke since 2002.

Everybody knows this. We can only pray he stays out of Phil Jacksons way, and lets Phil build the team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast