Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Ovechkin, does he even backcheck?

He's minus 36 right now and he only has 36 ES points. Half of his offensive production has come on the power play. Desipite being an elite goal scorer, is he still a top 5 player in the game, top 10?
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Ovechkin is an elite defensive player according to some on this site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Ovechkin is an elite defensive player according to some on this site.
    again, changing what I wrote to fit your argument. My statement was that he was projected to be a strong defensive player when drafted. He isn't that he's bad at defense, it's the lack of the effort. To answer the thread question though, he's easily a top 5 player when his head is in the game, when the team stinks he tends to lose interest. He frankly won too many individual awards at a young age. what does he have left to accomplish other then the Stanley cup?

vCash
    He has 0 even strength points in March

vCash
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=448095

Tuesday's shutout loss to the Dallas Stars was not pretty for the playoff-hopeful Washington Capitals and it got even more tense on Wednesday in a post-practice news conference.

After falling 5-0 on home ice in a game that could have tied them for second in the wild card standings, Washington head coach Adam Oates had some strong words for Capitals' superstar Alex Ovechkin.

"Ovi quit on the play, coming back," said Oates to CSN Washington. "It just goes to show you gotta hustle the whole time. The whole, entire time."

Oates was referring to the Stars' fourth goal where a nonchalant Ovechkin allowed Alex Chiasson to get past him and set up an easy goal by Dustin Jeffrey.

Ovechkin is currently leading the NHL with 48 goals but is last in the league in plus/minus with a minus- 36.

vCash
    Putting the "C" on his jersey was a bad choice.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Putting the "C" on his jersey was a bad choice.
    agreed

vCash
    I don't like the +/- stat but when you have zero goals 5on5 all month and the majority of your points are scored on the man advantage, that stat will be even more unreliable than normal. Haven't seen him recently but he's certainly susceptible to looking really bad on the back-check.

vCash
    He is 100% lazy. I feel the passion in his game is not there right now. He doesn't seem like the Ovie we saw when he first came into the league. He doesn't even seem near the same level as Crosby anymore.
    Green Bay Packers
    Detroit Red Wings
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Toronto Raptors

vCash
    Ovie's such a weird case. I'd have a very hard time including him in my top 5 but an equally difficult time keeping him out of the top 10. Extremely unique player, with not all of that uniqueness being positive, obviously.

Jill Garvey <3

vCash
    Send Oates packing or demote him, he was never the right man for the job in Washington, I've been saying this since he got hired. Pick up Laviolette.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 04-02-2014 at 08:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by i am bob View Post
    He has 0 even strength points in March
    Done this twice before. Not a rarity.
    "whoever started is a ********" - Marco Reus aka TO aka Karen aka Karan

vCash
    His +/- is purely coaching staff based.

There's also this:

https://twitter.com/mc79hockey/statu...541888/photo/1
    "whoever started is a ********" - Marco Reus aka TO aka Karen aka Karan

vCash
    Half the battle in playing defense is hustling and giving it your all.

So no, Ovechkin sucks at defense. He doesn't have it in him. Never did, never will.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Might have the most goals but he's also pretty far up there on being responsible at least partially for goals against his team too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast