Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Giants sign ex Bronco DE Robert Ayers to a two year deal

The Giants announced the signing of DE Robert Ayers

The Giants have signed Free Agent Defensive End Robert Ayers, here are five things you need to know:

1. Originally selected in the first round (18th overall) by the Broncos in the 2009 NFL Draft, Ayers is a fifth-year player who has started 27 of 72 games during his career at outside linebacker (2009-10) and defensive end (2011-13).

2. The 6-3, 274-pound defender was born in Jersey City, N.J., before moving to Bennettsville, S.C., where he was an all-state selection at linebacker during his senior year at Marlboro County High and rated the third-best linebacker prospect in the nation.

3. In 2013, Ayers played 15 games with three starts, posting a career-best 5.5 sacks along with 29 tackles and one forced fumble. He played in all three of the Broncos’ postseason games en route to a Super Bowl XLVIII appearance and sacked Tom Brady for an 11-yard loss in the AFC Championship Game vs. New England (1/19). Ayers has played in six postseason games overall with one start.

4. Ayers holds the longest scoring fumble return by a Broncos rookie in team history with his 54-yard touchdown on Monday Night Football vs. Pittsburgh (11/9/09).

5. In college Ayers led the University of Tennessee in tackles for a loss during each of his final two years at the school, totaling 27.5 tackles for negative yards over that stretch. He earned second-team All-Southeastern Conference honors as a senior at Tennessee in 2008, starting all 12 games at defensive end and leading the conference with 15.5 tackles for loss, in addition to pacing Tennessee’s defensive line with 49 tackles (34 solo). Ayers also shared the Andy Spiva Award as Tennessee’s most improved defender in 2008 while helping the Volunteers tie for third in the country in total defense and rank 10th in the nation in scoring defense.
    Giants.com
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 04-02-2014 at 10:46 AM.

vCash

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    ^ , though I'm not as excited but now our de rotation is solid and we have what we need (run stuffing plus solid rotation and pass rush ) .

We no longer have any true need besides TE ..and maybe WR so now the draft we can't be bullied if we do trade and can decide on top5 players BPA to take and if none are to move back if we want in a deep draft ..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker117 View Post
    ^ , though I'm not as excited but now our de rotation is solid and we have what we need (run stuffing plus solid rotation and pass rush ) .

We no longer have any true need besides TE ..and maybe WR so now the draft we can't be bullied if we do trade and can decide on top5 players BPA to take and if none are to move back if we want in a deep draft ..
    I'm excited. He's basically a younger Verison of Tuck. Plays very well against the run. I think it's a very solid signing and makes me Much more comfortable going into the draft.

JPP
    Ayers

Moore
    Kiwi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    The Giants announced the signing of DE Robert Ayers

Giants.com
    So we signed Robert Myers AND Robert Ayers?

In all seriousness, this could be a big signing for us. He should fit right in Fewell's DL scheme which places more importance on containment than anything else.
    Last edited by eeek78; 04-02-2014 at 11:07 AM.

I miss our dominating D.

vCash
    He gets overrated lately as the only DE available but I like it.

Another guy with unrealized potential.

Not nearly a younger version of Tuck who's still a way better pass rusher. What well miss more than anything is hi ability to rush at the 3 technique
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    So we signed Robert Myers AND Robert Ayers?

In all seriousness, this could be a big signing for us. He should fit right in Fewell's DL scheme which places more importance on containment than anything else.
    Dammit that's what I get for copying and posting. Lol

If a mod could update the title. Thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    He gets overrated lately as the only DE available but I like it.

Another guy with unrealized potential.

Not nearly a younger version of Tuck who's still a way better pass rusher. What well miss more than anything is hi ability to rush at the 3 technique
    I should have clarified. He's as good as Tuck against the run.

vCash
    Best DE left on the market, and happens to fit what Fewell likes to do so I like it.. We needed a DE badly..

It's funny they're really catering to what Perry Fewell likes to do on D this off season..

vCash
    I honestly haven't been this excited about a Giants off-season since we got Plax and AP (which was when I was like 13)...Let's see how the draft goes, hoping for a weapon for Eli like Evans or Ebron but I'd be happy with whoever JR thinks is BPA, still could use help along both lines and at linebacker.

vCash
    Depth to the DE rotation. Very nice. Could still see us adding a DE in the draft.

Interested to see the contract info on this one.

vCash
    The Giants are literally dominating the FA market. They just keep stockpiling talent. The capologist for this year deserves a damn beer and a raise.

Just another nice nice name to add to the DE rotation. We just need a good draft and this team is going to be dangerous. We usually nail it on our first pick. If we hit on 2-3 more guys in this draft, we are going to be scary.

vCash
    Amazingly, JR has navigated FA so that our draft needs fit the molds of three players: Aaron Donald, Eric Ebron, and Mike Evans. This offseason has been brilliant.

vCash
    Might be a bit early to say they dominated. There's a lot of low cost/risk, high reward players in this group. And everything hinges on their ability to improve the oline from last year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast