5 29.41%
  • I HATE CHANGE!!

4 23.53%
  • Ha! Who has that kinda money? TV all the way

6 35.29%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Do you like New Yankee Stadium?

Just wondering what the general consensus is. Personally, I loved the old stadium and am really not a big fan of the new one. I find it too commercialized, where the history didn't really translate well, and the vibe just isn't the same. I have only been able to catch a couple games so far, so maybe that's not enough to reach a verdict.

Full disclosure: I am a Red Sox fan for those of you who don't know me lol. But this is not intended to bait/troll, I am honestly curious what you guys think. The thread in the MLB forum made me think to ask.

vCash
    PS, good luck with Opening Day

vCash
    As far as comfort and amenities are concerned it's better than the old stadium. I simply think it does not get as loud as the old stadium. Fans don't make as much noise and part of it has to do with higher ticket prices driving away some passionate fans. Instead you get many fans that really do not have the same passion for the game but are there just to be there.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Love it. Probably been about 50x
    2 coolest games were opening day 2009 and game 6 of the 2009 world series.
    Also went to the old stadium a ton, including the final game. I shed a few tears

RUDY

vCash
    i like the old one better, but i still like this one now
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    +1 vote for older stadium.

New stadium has a commercial mall type vibe...

vCash
    All the old one had going for it was history. Besides history, the old stadium was a piece of ****.

vCash
    If your main worry when watching baseball is to be comfortable and have good food, then you should not be going to games in the first place. The old stadium beats out the new stadium in every possible category (except the two mentioned above). I don't want to hear your complains about having to wait in long lines for the bathroom either.

and for those saying it was a piece of ****, then what the hell were Shea and the old giants stadium? The old YS was a great place to watch a baseball game. It gave a feeling of intimacy even though it was gigantic. There was also no more magical of a sight than walking through the tunnel and seeing the field lit up for a night game.

vCash
    Yes I like it. And if you think it's commercialized (I disagree btw) you should go to Citi Field.

vCash
    The only thing about the old Stadium was the atmosphere. Everything else about the new one is far superior.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    If your main worry when watching baseball is to be comfortable and have good food, then you should not be going to games in the first place. The old stadium beats out the new stadium in every possible category (except the two mentioned above). I don't want to hear your complains about having to wait in long lines for the bathroom either.

and for those saying it was a piece of ****, then what the hell were Shea and the old giants stadium? The old YS was a great place to watch a baseball game. It gave a feeling of intimacy even though it was gigantic. There was also no more magical of a sight than walking through the tunnel and seeing the field lit up for a night game.
    Those were also pieces of crap. Doesn't mean old YS wasn't a piece of crap either.

vCash
    The old Jewel Box baseball stadium movement was the best in sports stadium architecture.

vCash
    I wish I could say that I have even set foot in either one, but I can't. I have never been to NYC, let alone visiting the Bronx.

I can understand the Yankee stadium upgrade, simply because the old stadium was nearing 90 years old. What I find sad is how many stadiums build between 1960 and 1985 (HHH Metrodome) that have already been torn down. Such a was of money. Yes, they were like giant toilet bowls, but still... they should last longer than 40 years...I was shocked to hear that Coors field here in Colorado, is the 3rd oldest park in the NL (Dodger stadium and Wrigley)... It was only built in the mid-90's and it is already older than most... yikes

Too much MLB corporate greed.

vCash
    The new one has a ton of more amenities and space, but it doesn't have the feel or atmosphere of the old. It's too corporate, and that is not a good thing unfortunately...

vCash
    I did enjoy some delicious garlic fries, and I want to say they may have even been with cheese? Mmm, heart attack lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast