Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Rudy Gay unsure if he will opt out of contract

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...175148219.html

Midway through the season (on the Raptors) Rudy Gay wasn't worth a $9.3 million, but his stock has elevated significantly since joining the Kings.

However, Gay still won't be worth 19.3 mill on the open market, which begs the question whether opting out is actually an option. I can't imagine Gay will command more than $12 mill on the open market.

Will Rudy Gay leave millions on the table to sign elsewhere? My gut tells me no.
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    Jimmer still being BLACK BALLED by the illuminati/homeboys...
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    If Jimmer were to be given free reign offensively, the team would basically quit on the organization out of jealousy and envy. The white man is the minority in this game and the black players will be damned if the white man shows him up at his own game. Similar situation happening with Kevin Love, the team has to surround him with foreigners and whites because black players won't succumb to the greatness that is Kevin Love.

vCash
    No way he leaves 19 mil on the table. Then again maybe a team will give him like 12 a year for four. He actually hasn't been as Rudy Gay like since coming to the Kings.

vCash
    he would be an idiot to leave that money on the table, seeing as he won't get 70% of that in a new deal. He is better off waiting another year, raking in that $19+ million, then signing a 3 year, $30 million deal or whatever he will command.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    he signed his previous contract before the new cba. he will never ever sniff 19 million a year again and if he were to think about leaving that on the table, im sure his agent will slap him and make him think twice..

he will be with the kings next season and he will get his money..

vCash
    Yah, I just don't see Rudy Gay opting out unless he decides to go ring chasing.

He'd lose too much money in one year vs his current value. Opting in gives him another year to raise his value for a better contract.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    The Bulls will have 14 mil in FA next year and he would be the perfect signing for them at that exact price. Yeah this is a new cba and there is no guarantee he will find a better situation than that for that price.

vCash

Hard to say. His value is the highest it's been in three years. If someone was willing to offer him 12 or 13 mill a year four years he might take it. I'm not sure anyone really wants to be in sac right now.

vCash
    With the new cba and the whole "Rudy Gay is inefficient" movement he would be a bloody idiot to turn down that money.

Laugh all the way to the bank with the $19 milli, ball out with Cousins for a year and earn a nice 3-4 year deal for a nice payday while he's still young.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    The Bulls will have 14 mil in FA next year and he would be the perfect signing for them at that exact price. Yeah this is a new cba and there is no guarantee he will find a better situation than that for that price.
    no way would the bulls have interest in him,i can guarantee that

his base option is to opt bck in and take the money,the hype/intrigue that surrounded him 4 years ago has faded,nobody will give him close to that

vCash
    I think he'd be crazy to opt out. He's played well for us and has played very well with Cousins and Isaiah Thomas (the only trio in the league to all have over 20 ppg), but I don't see him getting very close to $19M/yr. He'll probably be a good $5M off of that. Maybe he cashes in on a bounce-back year for a longer deal with less money, but it seems unlikely. Another year in Sacramento for him to prove himself and get paid doing it seems like the right choice.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash

He def won't opt out

Grizz: Titans: UK BBall: APSU BBall:
    - MJ-BULLS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    I agree, I think he would fit in very nicely with the bulls.. specially if he continues to play the way he has since being in sactown.