Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Boston @ Detroit

@

-Wednesday, April 2nd 2014
    -8:00 PM
    -Joe Louis Arena
    -NBCSN

Dats is a game time decision against Boston tomorrow night.
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 04-01-2014 at 12:26 PM.

vCash
    Would be glad to have Pavs back. Although I'd rather hold him out until he's 100% ready to roll. We'll need him in the playoffs.

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    Yeah, sit him for this one. Bruins are almost as hot as that shirtless Lidstrom sig, don't see us winning with or without him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Would be nice to win this one, but this will be a real test. We need all the wins we can get.

vCash
    I'm with ya, sit dats Wednesday target Saturday for his first game back imo, don't want him to have back to back his first games back.

vCash
    I hope Dats plays, we have a day off then we play Buff on Friday and the habs on Saturday. We need him back in a big way. If he feels he is ready then by all means get in that line-up. I think we got a real shot at keeping it close against the B's and maybe pull it out in OT or shoot out. We have been playing pretty good hockey lately.
    Green Bay Packers
    Detroit Red Wings
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Toronto Raptors

vCash
    Avalanche beat the BJ's in OT and Washington got curbed stomped by Dallas. So as of tonight we retain the 7 spot.

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Avalanche beat the BJ's in OT and Washington got curbed stomped by Dallas. So as of tonight we retain the 7 spot.
    One point up on Columbus with both teams having 7 games left if I'm not mistaken. I think Columbus has a semi-tough schedule to end the year.

I really want Pittsburgh instead of Boston.

vCash
    ^^I want the opposite honestly. If we beat the Bruins in the first series I think we can beat out the rest of the east (considering Z may or may not be ready by the first series). On the flip side if we beat Pitt and then lose to the Bruins in the second round we drop down how many picks in a not so deep draft for no reason at all besides making the second round of the playoffs...Maybe I am looking at this from the wrong standpoint but dropping from the 16-18 pick to the 20-22 could realistically cost us a 2nd-3rd round pick (considering this is a prototypical draft for us to trade back to gain an extra pick and take a Euro we can stash with high risk/reward).

I also really hope Dats doesnt play against a big tough physical team like Boston.

vCash
    I thought I would rather have Pittsburgh but after thinking about it I'm on board with facing Boston the first series. I think we've had more difficulty against the Penguins than the Bruins in the regular season. We've beaten them the last two times we have faced them with the last victory being 6-1. Only beat Pittsburgh in OT in the last seconds. I know it's a bit irrelevant but also beat Boston 8-2 in the preseason. Let's just hope they cool of a bit before the playoffs start.

Bring on Boston!

vCash
    I want Pittsburgh. Their goaltending is even more inconsistent than ours. The Bruins physical style picks up come playoffs and I would rather see them in round 2 after they went to war with whoever takes the 8 spot.
    Green Bay Packers
    Detroit Red Wings
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Toronto Raptors

vCash
    Datsyuk will not make a return tonight and Alfredsson is out tonight as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    ^^I want the opposite honestly. If we beat the Bruins in the first series I think we can beat out the rest of the east (considering Z may or may not be ready by the first series). On the flip side if we beat Pitt and then lose to the Bruins in the second round we drop down how many picks in a not so deep draft for no reason at all besides making the second round of the playoffs...Maybe I am looking at this from the wrong standpoint but dropping from the 16-18 pick to the 20-22 could realistically cost us a 2nd-3rd round pick (considering this is a prototypical draft for us to trade back to gain an extra pick and take a Euro we can stash with high risk/reward).

I also really hope Dats doesnt play against a big tough physical team like Boston.
    If I am not mistaken, I believe the playoff structure is not a reseed approach like it was in the past. It is all internal based on division. So if we did face off against Pitt first. The second round would be the winner of Pitt/Us against winner of NYR/Philly. Where as the other match ups would be Winner of Bos/CBJ against winner of TB/Habs. Personally, I think the Metropolitan division would be a lot easier of a path. Bring on the Penguins!

Obviously, this all assumes we make the playoffs. Not sure when they expect Zetterberg to make his return, but if we had him for the first round matchup, I think we could be dangerous. First, we need to take care of business and secure a playoff spot!

vCash
    duplicate...

vCash
    Alfredsson out.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast