Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

2014 Season Thread

Finally, the baseball season has started!

Watched the O's take down the Red Sox 2-1 behind Nelson Cruz's HR and 2 runs. Yesterday's MVP. Tillman pitched well, but only got through 5 innings. Nice to see Britton get through 2 good innings. Tommy Hunter gets his first save of the season, although a bit shaky giving up a hit and hitting the leadoff batter. Go O's! 1-0 Next game tomorrow at 7:05, believe it is Ubaldo vs Lackey.

vCash
    I liked how Tillman pitched, but Boston is just too darn good at hitting. They swing for power, then in crunch time go for contact. Tillman had great location, I believe throwing 78ish strikes. Britton looked like what the Orioles planned on him being.

Hopefully all the bats start warming up soon.

And Jim Johnson! The A's will soon know how us O's fans have felt.

vCash
    Jim Johnson is on my fantasy team, haha. At least he didn't blow a save!

and Britton did look good. Should be interesting to see how Norris pitches because Gausman is waiting.

vCash
    Loved Jim Johnson but he certainly was overrated and for 9 or 10 mill a year I'm glad they traded him. Hunter scares the life out of me but i think he'll be decent enough to keep his job. Britton seriously has impressed me all spring long and would seriously consider him to close if Hunter falters. Tillman looked great, i think he'll be consistent all year. Norris better pitch his but off cause Gausman will be up soon wether or not Norris pitches well. Really think we can win the division this year if Gonzo, Chen and Norris pitch well.

vCash
    I think we need Gausman to come in and be a legit ace if we want a shot at the division. I am shooting for a wild card until this team proves me wrong

vCash
    Cruuuuuuuz

vCash
    Really needed Jimerez to look like Tillman. Did it a few time tonight but inconsistent. Cruz is on a mission. When is the rest of the offense going to get back in season form? Webb also left a little to be desired. I think They'll get it going next time. This is the Jimerez roller coaster I've heard about.

vCash
    They've been going against top pitchers, the offense will improve when we are facing #3, 4 and 5's in other teams rotations. I'm happy to scrape out 1 win so far out of that series considering Cruz is the only person who looks like they can hit on our team, ha. Hopefully we can take the rubber game today and start to heat up!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bal_ravens View Post
    Cruuuuuuuz
    he's the man so far!

vCash
    Tough loss yesterday :/. Heading to Detroit now for a 3 game series. Need to take the first two because Verlander starts Sunday.

vCash
    Yeah it's been a rough start. I'm still not worried. Kinda sucked being so cold/rain delay and a flight delay. They need to start getting their act together, but nobody should panic.

vCash
    2-5 kind of sucks, but I'm not hitting the panic button yet. It makes me think Gausman may be up sooner than anticipated however. Gonzo, Chen and Norris had terrible first starts. Ubaldo doesn't look good. Tillman is the only bright spot so far.

We really miss Manny. Our 2 hole misses his bat and the hot corner misses his defense. Doesn't help that Hardy is hurt and may have to head to the DL if his back doesn't stop acting up.

vCash
    nice to see the bats finally warm up against the Yankees. Would be nice to take another W and win the series and only be a game under .500! Gonzo is pitching today, and he needs to redeem himself after his awful first start. If him Chen and Norris can;t shape up, Gasuman is going to be here very soon.

vCash
    Tommy Hunter gave us a scare, but nice late inning win. Only 1 GB. Let's keep the momentum going into Toronto!

vCash
    Another Cuban defector is a FA we should look at . Name is Daniel Carbonell. Not much about him as far as scouting. 22 or 23 yrs old, good defensive CF, really fast (just read that he's faster than Puig). Most importantly, he won't count against our international cap. We gave up our 1st round pick... this maybe a way to have our cake and eat it too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast