Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Babcock for coach of the year

The Wings make the playoffs, there is no way he does not win the award. For all the roster moves this team has done all season and battling injuries like we have, I don't think there is anyone that can beat him. F.U. Patricia Roy
    Green Bay Packers
    Detroit Red Wings
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Toronto Raptors

vCash
    Roy is winning dude.

vCash
    Yea as much as I hate to say it, I think Roy will win this one. Babcock has done a great job with all of the injuries thrown his way but to come into the NHL your first year coaching and have the success he has had, is quite impressive.

vCash
    I refuse to call the guy who started guys like Cleary, Samuelsson, and Bertuzzi over Tatar a candidate for coach of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    I refuse to call the guy who started guys like Cleary, Samuelsson, and Bertuzzi over Tatar a candidate for coach of the year.
    I was fine with it.. .. Cleary had a great playoff run, Bert was pretty okay in 11/12 and Sammy, well, no.. but they tried that again. Babs has done a wonderful job, despite your hate towards Babcock/Holland. There's a reason why people think they're so good. Babs is having a massive year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I was fine with it.. .. Cleary had a great playoff run, Bert was pretty okay in 11/12 and Sammy, well, no.. but they tried that again. Babs has done a wonderful job, despite your hate towards Babcock/Holland. There's a reason why people think they're so good. Babs is having a massive year.
    Cleary was a leech off of Datsyuk/Zetterberg and had an absolutely attrocious season last year. 11/12 is two years ago. People think they're great because they're living off of their reputation. It's slowly catching up to them don't worry. Don't even get me started on the guy that held our biggest scoring threat without D and Z off the nhl team for nearly 20 games. We would easily be in a playoff spot right now if not for that.
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

vCash
    Any other year yes Babcock would get it. Oh well he'll just have to make the rest of the league pay when he wins the Stanley Cup.

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    If we can get D and Z back we might have some hope of making it past the Pens/Bruins. If not I don't see it happening unless Nyquist's streak continues into theplayoffs and Howard plays like he did in last year's playoffs.

vCash
    I have mixed feelings about Babcock. Personally, I don't think he deserves Coach of the Year. He is mixing and matching lines because he was forced to. I think he falls in loves with certain players and gives them all types of chances and limits the chances of other players.
    Frankly, I'm not sure Babcock and Holland are even on the same page anymore. It seems that Babcock wants big, physical types of players and Holland lilkes the finesse, skill players. I could be totally wrong.

I'm just hoping the Wings can squeak into the playoffs to keep the streak alive. I doubt they go very far, but I hope I get proven wrong.

vCash
    ugghhh I hate roy
    Last edited by CheeznWingz; 04-01-2014 at 01:18 PM.
    Green Bay Packers
    Detroit Red Wings
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Toronto Raptors

vCash
    http://patcaputo.blogspot.com/

Here's Pat Caputo's half *** take on the Coach of the Year award and why Babcock deserves it. I was actually intrigued to seeing what he had to write about this topic only to find it to be short and quite weak in the reasons Babcock should win.

Pat Caputo

vCash
    Read this and then tell me you disagree, he will win.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/puck-d...1TWUNBMDJfNzU-
    Last edited by CheeznWingz; 04-01-2014 at 06:19 PM.
    Green Bay Packers
    Detroit Red Wings
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Toronto Raptors

vCash
    No question Roy wins it...There needs to be an award for the best coach the last like 3 years because it seems every year Babs does good and has to overcome something (injuries etc) but there is just one more coach who is excellent. Roy this year, Hitchcocks first year with Stl is another example but whatever.

vCash
    Ya I don't think Babs will win. He has a case though.

I know it isn't a tangible thing to say but I guarantee Babs has done more "coaching" than Roy this year.

vCash
    And last year Babcock played Cleary with Datsyuk most of the games. Can't believe you guys seriously think this guy is even close to the top coach in the league.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast