Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Evan Mathis / chris johnson / deshawn jackson !!! who would you want for our jets ?

I would love all three of these players if possible but I don't think that is possible for our Jets. I have a feeling the Jets don't want Jackson because of all that gang association crap they were talking about him but I think it was just a publicity trick from the eagles so they don't get backlash for releasing their best receiver from their fans.

Evan Mathis is a pro bowl guard and would love the jets to make a push for him. The eagles are asking for a 3rd but would take a fourth rounder for him. Since we have four 4th rounders I would offer a 4th rounder for him which would set our line and we wouldn't have to draft another project player after " The Duccase project" I am all set we need someone who is proven. Don't get me wrong I know their is plenty of talented players in the draft that with the right coaching could do well but we already have winters, cambell and aboushi of which winters is the only one I like but winters to me will never be that road grader we need.

Deshawn Jackson would instantly make us a playoff team . Since he was released we don't have to give up a draft pick which is great and I feel especially with the 12 picks we have or 11 picks if we go after Mathis this could put us over the hump. Yes rumors are flying around about his gang ties but he has never been arrested, he just hangs out with questionable people but that is the norm for 75% of these nfl/nba players. They all wanna be rappers & gangsters & thugs to which they all surround themselves with poor choices of friends.

Chris Johnson rumors are going around saying if he is released we will be going after him. I like the idea of getting him but the questions for me would be how much does he have left in the tank ? and how much would it cost us ? Chris Johnson is a workhourse and puts up great numbers every year even with a not so good O-line or WR threats to keep a defense honest he still puts in work but his body has taken its fair share of punishment and he is getting up in age. If it is a contract for 2-3 years at $2.5 -3.5 million a year then I wouldn't be against it but anymore then that I would say no. We have powell and goodson I would rather just draft a RB in the later rounds.

If we get these players we can focus on CB/OLB in the 1st round. I like Anthony barr for OLB he has that speed and power we need for our 3-4 defense. At CB dennard or gilbert in the 1st round if not then fuller/roby/verrett 2nd or third round. The draft is deep we can grab a TE/WR later in the 2nd 3rd or 4th who can easily fill in our need areas and start. I wouldn't be opposed to taking a WR #1 even if we land Jackson and we are still looking to take a WR in the draft I would love Watkins but of course he will be gone my 2nd or 3rd choice would either be cook or Benjamin. I love Benjamin's size though 6'5 240 lbs runs a 4.6 and runs nice routes. You cant teach size I'd love to see CB's try to match up with us with Decker/Jackson/Benjamin/nelson/kerley good luck. I would then draft Niklas/Jenkins/fiedorowicz TE notre dame in the second or third or fourth.

Just curious as to what all of you think and if their is another player you feel could help our team I would love to hear it !!!!
    Last edited by Ldog14; 04-01-2014 at 02:20 AM.

vCash
    None of the above. I really want DESEAN Jackson However that does not seem likely any more........
    Last edited by CrazyCrackar; 04-01-2014 at 02:27 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCrackar View Post
    None of the above. I really want DESEAN Jackson However that does not seem likely any more........
    I agree with you about Deshawn I don't think we will even make an attempt at him but I wish we would not at $10 plus million a year though if he would take a contract like Decker did or slightly a little more then yes in a heart beat.

I am curious as to why wouldn't you want Mathis a proven guard and pro bowler though. I think at $4-5 million a year at a 5 year deal he would instantly be an upgrade at a spot where we need it the most.

I am not a fan of us looking at chris Johnson we could spend that $ better else where or next year but the other 2 players Mathis/Jackson I would love on our team.

vCash
    We will get none, but yeah all three would be nice. In order of importance and preference

DJax - high priority
    CJ - nice to have, not a necessity. I'm condiment there are 2 good years in him left, maybe 3
    Mathis - nice to have, but I'd rather go young/cheap long term solution.

I still want Ebron in the first round, but I certainly see the need for CB and wouldn't be upset at all with an OLB even if he only pays 20% of the plays

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    We will get none, but yeah all three would be nice. In order of importance and preference

DJax - high priority
    CJ - nice to have, not a necessity. I'm condiment there are 2 good years in him left, maybe 3
    Mathis - nice to have, but I'd rather go young/cheap long term solution.

I still want Ebron in the first round, but I certainly see the need for CB and wouldn't be upset at all with an OLB even if he only pays 20% of the plays
    I would take mathis for two years it would give us depth and security proven vet who is a pro bowl and he wouldn't be expensive

I am torn on CJ I feel will ask for too much $ but he did catch 42 passes this year with a 7.5 ypc average which is nice and would be nice in our west coast offense plus he is a every down back

Djax I agree is a high priority and gives us flexibility in the draft but only if he would take a decker like contract or close to it and he has the holmes attitude "give me my $" not really sure about being a team player which scares me . He does get it done on the field and is a threat that defenses have to respect.

I like your feed back you made some good points.

vCash
    this stuff should be in free agency thread. but im ok with the o linemen. I will reply in free agent thread..

vCash
    Evan Mathis and that's it. No Desean and CJohnson only if cheap enough and Idzik really thinks he has 2-3 years of great power/ quickness running...

Go to the draft and kill it!!!!!!!! Then grill it!!!!!! Just don't spill it......

But what do I know???!!!

vCash
    Chris Johnson.

Elite RB, still with gas in tank and with all the talk going on about him, he has something to prove.

With the Jets wanting to return to GnP, he'd be the featureback, but receive rest time when CIvory steps into the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Chris Johnson.

Elite RB, still with gas in tank and with all the talk going on about him, he has something to prove.

With the Jets wanting to return to GnP, he'd be the featureback, but receive rest time when CIvory steps into the game.
    An elite rb? Have you watched him play, this isn't 2009.

vCash
    Personally Chris Johnson. He adds a dynamic duo with ivory. The thing is Johnson can change a game in a single play much like Jackson can however when u think about the draft there are players who can step in and possible become a threat like desean however running back position isn't as easy of a transition and I don't believe there is a rb in this draft that has the ability of cj2k and can change a game any single play he's on the field

vCash
    We're not going to get any single one of them. Idzik goes after the cheap guys that are coming off injuries or guys that are not proven #1's (Decker)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    We're not going to get any single one of them. Idzik goes after the cheap guys that are coming off injuries or guys that are not proven #1's (Decker)
    I agree with you kingsnQueens Idzik goes after those injury risk to reward players all he time. I hope it does work out for us though !!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ldog14 View Post
    I agree with you kingsnQueens Idzik goes after those injury risk to reward players all he time. I hope it does work out for us though !!!!
    I'm being unfair to Decker. That was honestly the only solid signing Idzik has done thus far, maybe the RT too but the rest of the guys since then looks like dumpster diving to me, collecting other teams trash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by socaljetsfan View Post
    An elite rb? Have you watched him play, this isn't 2009.
    When the Jets have a RB that can get to 1000 yds for a season then come see me, because Chris Johnson has not run for less than that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    When the Jets have a RB that can get to 1000 yds for a season then come see me, because Chris Johnson has not run for less than that.
    Maybe we should bring Curtis out of retirement if we cannot get CJ2k signed, or bring back Greene or Thomas Jones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast