Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 83 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Trade Ideas Thread

Since we don't seem to have an active "Trade Ideas" thread on the go, and the season has officially began. Here it is!

I'll start off with an out of the blue idea.

Michael Choice is a pretty decent OF prospect in a texas system that is loaded with bats.
    He raked all spring long, and will begin the season with the Rangers. Their rotation has more question marks than ours does though!

He could be a great platoon partner for Lind, plays better defense than Sierra, and has plenty of upside - so he could conceivably take over in the OF full time if we lose Rasmus or Cabrera to FA in the offseason.

What would it take to pry Choice out of Texas.

vCash
    We haven't played a game yet and your ready to start trading already. How about give them a few games before taking them apart!

vCash
    If we lose both Canrera and Rasmus in the offseason we are pretty much stuck with Sierra, Gose, and Bautista.

Unless Gose learns to hit at a major league level and steal bases to potenti, and Sierra proves he's a full time major leaguer we need to bring an outfielder in.

Who's in the free agent class next year?

vCash
    If Cabrera and Rasmus are both gone at the end of the year, im pretty sure that means the rebuild has already started

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    If the Jay ever hope to be a real team again...the only thing that will save them is losing as many games as possible this season. This way...Rogers will force the changes that are needed. I hate rebuilds but I'm not putting up with another 2-3 years of this crap.

We came in last in the AL East before spring training even started.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    It's never too early to try to improve your team.

I think if we can find a CF of the future via trade, it means that maybe we can move Rasmus at some point this season for pitching.

If Rasmus plays the way we want him to play this year, he's going to be expensive ($$ and years). If we're not going to give him the money he wants, AA needs to get something for him while he can.

I don't know that Gose is the answer in CF. Pillar and Sierra definitely aren't.

If it came right down to it, I'd rather have the switch-hitting Cabrera than Colby. I know Cabrera is limited to a corner, but Colby will likely be relegated to RF in 3-4 years anyways.

vCash
    Cabrera and Rasmus will be due for good paydays. Melky 3-5 years at $12 mil per. Colby, if he plays like last year, atleast $13 mil per for 3-5 years.

So the Jays have to think about the expansion of their payroll next year. Reyes' salary jumps too.

vCash
    I don't think they'll blow it up this year regardless of what happens. I figure they'll roll with the three year window thing, and possibly dump some guys and retool next off season. I could see them keeping Melky and letting Rasmus go with a mid season trade, and bringing in a pitcher or too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Cabrera and Rasmus will be due for good paydays. Melky 3-5 years at $12 mil per. Colby, if he plays like last year, atleast $13 mil per for 3-5 years.

So the Jays have to think about the expansion of their payroll next year. Reyes' salary jumps too.
    I doubt we see an expansion of payroll next year unless we get to the playoffs this year, or at least play meaningful baseball in September. The raises that players are due will result in the team having to dump a couple of players for next to nothing.

vCash
    Can we get some of David Price

“The pleasure of rooting for Goliath is that you can expect to win. The pleasure of rooting for David is that, while you don’t know what to expect, you stand at least a chance of being inspired.”

vCash
    Haha imagine if we got Price.

Price, Dickey, Sanchez, Beuhrle and Hutch, or something like that. It looks so much better, even pretty damn good, with an actual ace.

vCash

Trade Ideas Thread

I would not part with Sanchez for sure but Stroman plus for Shark? I'd be down with that. He would look nice on this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    I would not part with Sanchez for sure but Stroman plus for Shark? I'd be down with that. He would look nice on this team.
    Agreed, get McGowan out of this rotation and add in Shark would really help this team.

I wouldn't give up Sanchez either but Stroman and a few high upside guys from low A would be something I'd strongly consider. Theo though thinks he's getting the moon for him, so if that's the case he'll stay with Chicago. No one is going to give up a James Shields type haul for Shark, I just can't see it happening.

I would be pretty happy with a rotation around Dickey, Buehrle, Shark, Morrow and Hutch.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Meh, at this point why not just bring one of them up to pitch rather than trade one or both for a borderline top 50ish pitcher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Meh, at this point why not just bring one of them up to pitch rather than trade one or both for a borderline top 50ish pitcher.
    Yep. Especially if you have to add a couple of Luggie kids to the deal.

Page 1 of 83 1231151 ... LastLast