Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    They are giving him a chance vs lefties (not that he deserves it). If he continues to be bad they will eventually go to a platoon.

Howard. Nice hit off a lefty!

I'm a fan of these replays/challenges, it's a working system.

Cmon Tony B, show off that booty.

I so think paps should have been brought I. Over Rosenberg...those are outs that you absolutely need...besides that and the gaffe by revere the team played well

sexicano31 Guest
    But why would you bring in a closer in a tie game!? THATS INSANE

So far all of the relief pitchers need a map to find the strike zone. But there is no sense bringing in Papelbon in that situation at all.

... I hear everything Sexicano writes in Zoidberg's accent...

You bring in pap when you have the runner on second going through the heart of ther lineup...i really don't like the term closer..Hes your best reliever hence give you the best chance (at that point extending the game) hell we could have made it to the next inning and scored 3 runs and called Jamie Moyer down from the booth to get the last 3 outs.

You have to give your team the best chance to win and leaving paps on the pine was not the way to accomplish that
    Last edited by xstronghandx; 04-02-2014 at 12:13 PM.

And the fact were under American League rules you don't have to worry bout pinch hitting for paps. He could have can out threw 8 pitches then cam back out for the next Inning

I wouldn't have taken that approach under any circumstance, but especially not game 2 of the season. Papelbon is breaking down, it's far too early to go to the whip with him. Applying the "best reliever" philosophy, you could easily find situations that call for using Papelbon in about 120 games a year.

So your Ok with using a 15mil yr pitcher only in the 9th with a lead when the rate of any other pitcher coming in the 9th with a lead is higher the 80% of getting the job done while paps career save percentage is about 88

I'm not okay with having a $15M relief pitcher on the roster, especially not Mr. Fake Intensity Himself, but that's another story.

I'm perfectly okay with the way the bullpen was managed in the 9th inning. Its a long season, and the bullpen sucks. The closer should only pitch in save situations on the road, that's how the game is played.

I understand that is how the game is played...but I hate that argument. Cuz then we would still have 4 man rotations , Ace relievers pitching 120 innings per year

And actually I'm all for conditioning guys to go back to the 4 man rotations...i think getting 40 starts per yr for there prime yrs 24-31 ( for pitchers) is better than 30 per yr till there 35 and Prolly can't pitch close to 200 innings

Srry for the rant..lol

Howard with a bomb off a lefty!! 3-0

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast