Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    I'm not too sure they can get can't miss talent. Maybe if someone sees the A's changing philosophy about prospects and tries to copy it, but I doubt a team would make that adjustment until the offseason.

If only the Phillies could afford to wait another year. It looks like the prospect value bubble is finally on the edge of bursting.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

A's gave away their "can't miss" talent with Russell, but I agree A-Team.

There isn't any room for that chance, or missed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthian View Post
    Phillies Get:
    P Dellin Betances
    C Gary Sanchez

Yankees Get:
    Cole Hamels
    Ryan Howard

Phillies Get:
    Joc Pederson
    Zach Lee

Dodgers Get:
    P Cliff Lee
    2B Chase Utley
    lol the Dodgers give up a top 15 prospect and a top 100 for an injured pitcher and a player whose playing worse than their current 2nd basemen, uhm no.

Dodgers have already said Pederson and Seager are untouchable.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I'd do Sanchez, Judge, and Betances for him. Sanchez and Betances could come right in next season.

I'd trade Hamels out to the Dodgers too for Pederson, Lee, and see if you could get Seager, if not, add two other with Pederson and Lee. Maybe include Utley if you get Pederson, Lee/Urias, and Seager plus a PTBNL.

I'd trade Paps to Detroit or Angels for something.

Byrd trade out to maybe Seattle for something.

Burnett trade to the O's for something.

Blow the whole ****ing thing up.
    that's just crazy no way you get two top 20 prospects and a top 100 for Hamels. He's a good pitcher but he'd be the Dodgers #3.

Where he slots in the Dodgers rotation is irrelevant, although I do agree that they could at best get one of Pederson or Seager.
    Last edited by The A Team; 07-14-2014 at 12:39 PM.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    Where he slots in the Dodgers rotation is irrelevant, although I do agree that they could at best get one of Pederson or Seager.
    I agree.
    For Hammels yes, the years of control, the age, and the stuff make him a guy Philly doesn't want to move. So he would take at least one top 25 prospect to get, plus other goodies. Though NedCo has stated that it's highly unlikely they get Price or Hamels this July. He didn't say anything about Lee though.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekBrink2 View Post
    that's just crazy no way you get two top 20 prospects and a top 100 for Hamels. He's a good pitcher but he'd be the Dodgers #3.
    I don't know if we can consider Lee top 100 any more.

Hate to see this brutal end but its time. Better make right moves though

Well I did say and see it you could get Seager. Plus adding Utley is where you could get top guys added in.

I just don't think you could settle for a Pederson or Seager for Hamels. It'd have to be one of them plus a lot more.

I'm sorry, but Hamels is a guy the phillies could be able to get a lot back for. They will eat some money to get a lot back. He's still controlled for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Well I did say and see it you could get Seager. Plus adding Utley is where you could get top guys added in.

I just don't think you could settle for a Pederson or Seager for Hamels. It'd have to be one of them plus a lot more.

I'm sorry, but Hamels is a guy the phillies could be able to get a lot back for. They will eat some money to get a lot back. He's still controlled for a long time.
    Utley should be of no interest to the Dodgers. They already have an all star 2nd basemen.

Either way it's not going to happen. Dodgers have already said they don't want to move Seager, Urias or Pederson and that they are very unlikely to acquire a top of the rotation starter.

Lee could be an option but he wouldn't bring any of their top 3.

It's flattering that everyone seems to want Pederson, Urias and Seager but the Dodgers needs just won't bring that type of hall. They need bullpen help but not a closer and maybe a Lee/Burnett type. Shoot their biggest need maybe center field and that's what makes Pederson extremely unlikely to get traded. He and Guerrero could solve their two biggest weaknesses.
    Last edited by DerekBrink2; 07-14-2014 at 08:55 PM.

Bastardo is the only target I see the Dodgers going after on the phillies....unless they're trying to part with Crawford to make room (Prolly not till the off season tho)

The team to target to unload any/all that are willing to go is the Mariner. They don't have a an owner willing to break the bank...so we would get good returns (eating lots o'cash as well)
    and they did so little to surround Cano if they miss out on the wild card by less than 3 or so games they will look really bad for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by xstronghandx View Post
    Bastardo is the only target I see the Dodgers going after on the phillies....unless they're trying to part with Crawford to make room (Prolly not till the off season tho)
    Dodgers would move Crawford in a heartbeat and ask for nothing in return besides salary relief. They've been trying to move one of Ethier or Crawford for almost a year now. They want Joc to play center but until they can move one of Ethier or Crawford he's stuck in the minor because Van Slyke has turned into a better player than either.

Well they won't get salary relief from the phillies I wouldn't be surprised if the phillies payroll is 50 mill less at the start of next yr as it is right now....and still have hamels( they wouldn't want to move him)
    Last edited by xstronghandx; 07-15-2014 at 11:33 AM.

The more and more I think about it the more I think the Phillies wont make any major moves. I cant see Lee getting dealt because I don't believe clubs will give elite talent for him just coming off an injury. They wont deal Hamels unless a team overpays because they want a quick turn around and Hamels is still in his prime. Howard wont get dealt because well....everyone knows. Im not sure there will be a huge market on Utley or Rollins. The only guys I really see getting dealt are Byrd, BP pieces, and maybe Burnett/Hernandez.

Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast