Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Tyson Gillies released. Phillipe Aumont for Cliff Lee!

Official Roster Moves and Trades Thread 2014

What do y'all think of Allen Craig and a couple mid to low level specs for cliff lee I'm not sure how your system is sitting prospect wise but I was thinking he can fill a need for you guys it nets us a pitcher clears your salary and also nets playing time for taveras what do you guys think?

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

This braves sweep should help Reuben know what to do... Idiots...
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

The only moveable pieces they have are Lee, Hamels and Pap. With Lee and Pap you're probably eating salary. Possibly Bastardo??? For a mid level reliever? Jimmy and Chase aren't leaving. Period. Especially not without players to plug in their positions... Even if they wanted to leave. I still think you could move Howard to the Yankees or Os if you eat half, though. Trading him opens up alot of possibilities: Franco to third, Asche (who I actually REALLY like) or Ruf (who has been grossly mishandled) to first.

Brown and Revere are their biggest liabilities... Not Jimmy, Chase or Chooch. Revere can still be useful if moved to LF. His arm is a nightmare in CF.

In some ways the "promise" of Dom Brown has destroyed this team. They NEVER replaced Werth and Burrell 's numbers. Raul was good but was a lefty and left the lineup severely unbalanced. They traded Pence believing Brown could give them similar production for 1/10 the $.

Pitching and small ball will never work in this park. Ever. You need five mashers who hit 25 HRs a yr, a DECENT starting rotation (4.00 era collectively), good defense and a lights out 'pen.

Sabermetrics may work in Oakland... BECAUSE THEY PLAY IN THE GRAND CANYON!!

My hope in '15?

SS- Rollins
    CF- Sizemore (god,I hope it works)
    2B - Utley
    RF- Byrd (has the #'s.can still play)
    LF- Asche
    1B- Ruf
    3B- Franco
    C- Ruiz

Most of this lineup has the ability to mash. Power wins in this park. The bullpen is ready.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Hamels, Pap moved and Lee ride out rest of contract. Brown and Revere as backups. In a shocker... Howard to NYY. His numbers are worth $12mill per yr...eat half.

sexicano31 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by phillies1980 View Post

Sabermetrics may work in Oakland... BECAUSE THEY PLAY IN THE GRAND CANYON!!
    What

Sorry lame analogy... Oakland's Coliseum is big...small ball plays better there.
    Last edited by phillies1980; 06-29-2014 at 07:56 PM.

Well, I guess sabermetrics can't work in Philly because they don't have a big ballpark......rats!

Sorry lame analogy... Oakland's Coliseum is big...small ball plays better there.
    The Athletics roster is built around home runs, fly ball pitchers, and excellent outfield defense. Not to troll, but I think you missed your point.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

It would be interesting to see if the Phillies can pull off something a la the Red Sox a few years ago when they rid of Crawford and Agon's salaries. Maybe they could pull of something along the lines of sending Howard, Lee, and Papelbon to a team for a bag of beans to free up a bunch of salary rather than using Lee and Papelbon to acquire specs That would free up 61 mil next year but that would have to go to a big market team with an opening at DH/1B

Tanaka injury makes the Yankees very desperate for lee. Not sure what their minor league system is like but Reuben could take advantage of that situation. Could...
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    Tanaka injury makes the Yankees very desperate for lee. Not sure what their minor league system is like but Reuben could take advantage of that situation. Could...
    I'd do Sanchez, Judge, and Betances for him. Sanchez and Betances could come right in next season.

I'd trade Hamels out to the Dodgers too for Pederson, Lee, and see if you could get Seager, if not, add two other with Pederson and Lee. Maybe include Utley if you get Pederson, Lee/Urias, and Seager plus a PTBNL.

I'd trade Paps to Detroit or Angels for something.

Byrd trade out to maybe Seattle for something.

Burnett trade to the O's for something.

Blow the whole ****ing thing up.

My hope in '15?

SS- Rollins
    CF- Sizemore (god,I hope it works)
    2B - Utley
    RF- Byrd (has the #'s.can still play)
    LF- Asche
    1B- Ruf
    3B- Franco
    C- Ruiz

Most of this lineup has the ability to mash.
    Power wins in this park. The bullpen is ready.
    Give it up. Just stop. This line of thinking has to stop. It's over. They all need to go with the exception of Franco. That lineup is a friggin disaster.

I wish AGon wasnt on the Dodgers or I'd say we should do a Howard/Crawford swap...would you do that if you were the Phillies?

sexicano31 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthian View Post
    I wish AGon wasnt on the Dodgers or I'd say we should do a Howard/Crawford swap...would you do that if you were the Phillies?
    Yes but why would the dodgers

Betances and Giles is a SICK 8/9

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast