Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

The Julius Randle Intrigue

Would you trade Sully and another player for/to who ever drafts Julius Randle.......and if he's on the draft board would you draft him and try to trade sully? Who would be your other player traded if so?

I think Randle will be a very good nba talent.

vCash
    Hard to say who's ceiling is higher between those two.. Good chance he's on the board for us to draft.. but I'd rather go for someone like Exum honestly.

vCash
    Randle is a man among boy in the college game. The question is, will he be a man among men in the NBA?

Sully is proving he can hold his own.

I don't think the ceiling goes much higher with Randle. What you see now, is pretty much what he's going to be, imo.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    You are rebuilding, so you draft the best player available regardless of position. You can always make a trade later.
    UNC players with NBA Rings - 14

Duke players with NBA Rings - 3

vCash
    I like randle but I feel sully is just as good maybe better because sully has more range on his shot. The only difference I'd say is that randle has a much better body to stay healthy than sully. Randle sort of reminds me of T. Robinson who I loved. His talent has yet to translate to the NBA. Not enough opportunity? Possibly....but I feel they are both similar: great shape, good motor, great in the post....but undersized a bit for PF (not by much) and outside shot can use work. I really am intrigued with Gary Harris because I feel for some reason we will fall in the 7-10 range due to the weak schedule to close out the season. Ideally I'd like for us to get a stud Center, a stud SF, or a stud SG. I think Harris has stud potential especially as he gets a bit stronger. If we get into the top 5.....I'd really want Embiid, Parker, Exum, or Wiggins. As for our second 1st....I like staskaus(spelling?), James Young, Lavine, Kyle Anderson, Payne, or Warren. Don't like Hood, Ennis, McDermott, or Cauley-Stein. I'm on the border about Marcus Smart....I like his motor and energy but his demeanor reminds me a bit of Ron artest. If he had his defensive skills of the past.....I wouldn't hesitate to draft him high

vCash
    I think Randle's ceiling is higher than Sully's, personally. If not, it's similar, and Sully is quality trade bait at this point.

Drafting Randle, packaging Sully+picks/rondo/S+T Bradley could net you something pretty good.

vCash
    I would consider it. Personally I think Jared Sullinger is fat and inconsistent but played well as of late, however if we could trade Sullinger for Randle and something else i would consider it.

Not sure I'd do it straight up though...but I might.
    El Presidente

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    I would consider it. Personally I think Jared Sullinger is fat and inconsistent but played well as of late, however if we could trade Sullinger for Randle and something else i would consider it.

Not sure I'd do it straight up though...but I might.
    Randle AND something else? Sully isn't even an NBA average player, with a bad body, coming up on a raise two years from now, why would any team trade Randle AND something else for Sully?

As a Celt fan I'd do it, as a guy with two feet on the ground it's ridiculous.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    I'd love to nab Randle with the 5th pick or so. I've been very impressed with him this tourney and would love to see him in Celtic green. Looks like a rebounding machine, who can drive and hit tricky running/off balance shots from 10ft in. Haven't seen him take many jump shots, I assume that is something he will develop when he gets to the NBA