5 83.33%
  • Cardinals win game 3

5 83.33%
  • Reds sweep

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cardinals (0-0) at Reds (0-0) March 31-April 3 OPENING DAY!

0-0 ||...Cardinals...||...at...||...Reds...|| 0-0

Cardinals Matchups MLB.com

Monday, March 31, 2014 3:10 PM CT

TV: FSN | Radio: KMOX 1120

----
    ........Adam Wainwrightvs. Johnny Cueto

22.2.......IP.......13.2
    2-0.......W-L.......1-1
    1.59......ERA.....4.61
    18.........K's.........13
    1........BB's........2
    4........ER........7
    0.66........WHIP........1.24
    --.- IP, - - -, -.-- ERA........Last 3 starts........--.- IP, - - -, -.-- ERA

This will be Wainwright's third Opening Day start; he is still seeking his first win in a season opener. He is the clear ace of this staff and is coming off a year in which he led the NL in innings.

Cueto was limited to only 11 starts last year after three DL stints because of a strained right lat muscle. Another minor issue in camp surfaced when he had an irritation in his right scapula, but he put any worries aside in his last Minors start.
    Wednesday, April 2, 6:10 PM CT

----
    ........Michael Wachavs. Tony Cingrani

20.1.......IP.......24.1
    3-0.......W-L.......3-1
    1.77......ERA.....4.81
    23.........K's.........23
    4........BB's........12
    4........ER........13
    0.89........WHIP........1.40

This will be the first start for Wacha since he won four October starts and claimed NLCS MVP honors. He is on the Cardinals' Opening Day roster for the first time and will pitch against the Reds in his first two starts.

Cingrani impressed as a rookie last season. This season, the club hopes he can both diversify and be economical with his pitches. He needs to work deeper into games, use secondary pitches and avoid running up his pitch count to be successful.
    Thursday, April 3, 11:35 PM CT

----
    ........Lance Lynnvs. Homer Bailey

16.1.......IP.......9.0
    1-1.......W-L.......0-1
    6.06......ERA.....4.00
    27.........K's.........7
    5........BB's........2
    11........ER........4
    1.35........WHIP........0.67

Lynn has a National League-most 33 wins over the past two seasons and just finished a spring in which he struck out 27 in 16 1/3 innings. This will be the first of two consecutive starts he'll make against the Reds.

Signed to an extension in February, Bailey has greatly improved in each of his past three years. A strained groin in the spring caused him to miss a start and pushed back his readiness. But he threw 76 pitches over five innings in a Minors game.

Injuries

Day-to-day

15-day DL

Mark Ellis
    Mar 30 - (BaseballStL) — The Cardinals had one final roster move to announce before the season starts Monday. Mark Ellis will begin the season on the disabled list, and Pete Kozma will take his spot on the roster.
    Ellis is suffering from patellar tendonitis, and is slotted for the 15-day DL.
    Ellis had been battling discomfort and possibly reaggravated the knee injury on a play at third base in spring training. With the injury, the veteran infielder said he wasn’t as effective as he wanted to be heading into the season.
    KMOV

Jason Motte
    Mar 29 - With most of his teammates in Cincinnati, former closer Jason Motte threw around 25 pitches in a simulated game against minor-leaguer hitters remaining at the team’s Roger Dean Stadium spring complex.
    Motte has been throwing both his fastball and cutter and moving toward appearing in a minor-league game. The righty, who missed all of 2013 recovering from elbow surgery, said he will throw long toss Monday with an eye on appearing in a minor-league game when next he faces hitters. Motte has worked with the Cardinals to set a throwing schedule that will allow him to do some of his rehab in St. Louis around the home opener on April 7. He and his wife have been heavily involved in a charity event that week.
    Motte is nearing the midpoint of his personal spring training and he could be on a rehab assignment in April with a possible return to the majors late that month or in May. The Cardinals and Motte have purposefully avoided such estimates of his return, preferring instead to set his schedule step by step. His arm strength has been on target with the rehab goals.
    “Still cautious (about) putting that time frame,” manager Mike Matheny said. “I just think we’ll know each time he throws and how he responds as we get a little closer. But I don’t think anyone is in position now to say this is the date that we’re shooting for. He keeps ramping up the intensity and keeps ramping up how long he’s throwing pitches. He keeps getting closer.”
    St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Jaime Garcia
    Feb 28 - JUPITER, Fla. -- After seeking opinions on his ailing shoulder from a pair of physicians, Jaime Garcia returned to Cardinals camp on Friday relieved to know that no structural damage was found, but also willing to be patient in making a return to the mound.
    Garcia said he plans to wait another 10-15 days before resuming a throwing program. That delay ensures that Garcia will not be ready to open the season on the active roster. With being ready for Opening Day no longer a possibility, Garcia simply hopes that this is the last hurdle he will have to clear in his return from shoulder surgery.
    Doctors have since diagnosed Garcia with bursitis, which is the swelling of the fluid-filled sac between the muscles, tendons and joints in his shoulder.
    MLB.com

60-day DL
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash

vCash
    St. Louis Cardinals: 11 Best Team Commercials of All Time
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ls-of-all-time

Cardinals 2014: The wins just keep on coming for St. Louis
    http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/stor...cardinals-2014

Rain doesn't dampen love affair between St. Louis Cardinals and Memphis
    http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...ween-st-louis/

Same Old Cardinals, With New Look
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/30/sp...-new-look.html

FOX Sports Midwest kicks off baseball season with 16 hours of Cardinals programming
    Monday, March 31: Cardinals Opening Day programming on FOX Sports Midwest

6 a.m. 2014 Cardinals Season Preview

7 a.m. Aug. 26, 2013: Replay: Cincinnati Reds at St. Louis Cardinals -- Allen Craig and Cards slam the door on Cincinnati

9 a.m. Sept. 24, 2013: Replay: Washington Nationals at St. Louis Cardinals -- Michael Wacha's near no-no

11 a.m. Sept. 4, 2013: Replay: St. Louis Cardinals at Cincinnati Reds -- Matt Adams homers twice in extras

1 p.m. 2014 Cardinals Season Preview

2 p.m. Cardinals Live pregame show

3 p.m. St. Louis Cardinals at Cincinnati Reds

6 p.m. Cardinals Live postgame show

7 p.m. Replay: Cardinals at Reds
    http://msn.foxsports.com/midwest/sto...ramming-032814

St. Louis Cardinals Shelby Miller, Joe Kelly and Kolten Wong go fishing
    http://youtu.be/MmbvOD1iJ9c

Cardinals-Reds Preview
    Yahoo! Sports http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cardina...9622--mlb.html
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    I'm happy with a 2-1 start

vCash
    I despise the Reds.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    3-0 right out the gate

vCash
    So excited

vCash
    Reading all these articles is getting me so pumped. Nothing quite like watching Joe Kelly in a Pokemon shirt trying to catch a fish
    Peter Bourjos: The First New Redbird

.202 AVG, 2 HR, 11 RBI, 33 H, 16 R, 13 BB, 52 K, 5 SB, .268 OBP, .307 SLG, .984 FP%, -7.6 wRAA, .257 wOBA, 12 wRC, 0.5 WAR

vCash
    Last year for some reason I was like "meh" when it came to baseball. Even though my handle suggested otherwise. Then my brother passed away in July and he was a very passionate sports fan. He lived, and breathed sports. When that happened I watched on game with my pops to keep him company (came down from Portland). Then after that I did not watch a whole game for 2-3 months. I watched every playoff game but when it was over I really did not care.

But I am pumped for this season, like I am getting ready to put the football pads on and am going to smash somebody. That type of excitement........gonna be a long, fun ride.

vCash
    Finally, it's here! Go Cardinals!

vCash

Cardinals (0-0) at Reds (0-0) March 31-April 3 OPENING DAY!

Go Cards!!!

vCash
    yeah!!!!

vCash
    That speed by Bourjos tho.

.202 AVG, 2 HR, 11 RBI, 33 H, 16 R, 13 BB, 52 K, 5 SB, .268 OBP, .307 SLG, .984 FP%, -7.6 wRAA, .257 wOBA, 12 wRC, 0.5 WAR

vCash
    Now I don't understand this. I know you'd rather face the pitcher. But I'd trust Wainwright against Bryan Pena any day. Much rather end the inning there and then get an easy out the next inning on the pitcher.

vCash
    I can't stand Brandon Philips..
    #FREECROONER!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast