Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Was Mason Plumlee the best use of a pick in last years draft?

Has put up pretty strong numbers for the 22nd overall pick.

Tim Hardaway has been strong, same with Ryan Kelly

vCash
    Plumlee is solid .He has a lot of weaknesses but considering how bad this draft was and he got picked at 22 i call him a very good pick by Nets .

Hardaway Jr is garbage in D ,absolutely awful .
    Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.

Red Auerbach

vCash
    so far? probably.

....what a crappy class

vCash
    If he's not the steal of the draft at #22, I'm not sure who is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Giannis Antetokounmpo
    Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.

Red Auerbach

vCash
    Well considering Hardaway is gonna be 1st team All-Rookie and he was the 24th overall pick I'd say him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    the steal of the draft is probably noel,at least he's still a mystery to us and we can pretend he wont suck like the rest

vCash
    THJ all day
    Future Ace

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FraziersKnicks View Post
    Well considering Hardaway is gonna be 1st team All-Rookie and he was the 24th overall pick I'd say him.
    Plumlee has been significantly better than THJ, it's just THJ has gotten a tad bit more playing time. Moreover, your logic is a bit flawed. Their play in their rookie year and whatever accolades they win doesn't answer this question. That's just one year...it's only really great value if these guys keep it up for years. Him making 1st team isn't the difference maker at all. I don't like his upside. He's a gunner with a low offensive IQ, and no ability to defend anything.

I still think the best player in this draft is the guy who hasn't stepped onto the court yet, and he fell foolishly because of injury. If Noel is truly the best player and the 76ers got him 6th, then that's a huge still. Hell, MCW at 11 looks to be great value too. Philly did great.

I'll throw Wolters' name out there. I think he can stick around.

But I do think Plumlee at 22 is the early front runner. Maybe a top 3-5 player in this draft going forward.

vCash
    To put it simply, it's way too early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Plumlee has been significantly better than THJ, it's just THJ has gotten a tad bit more playing time. Moreover, your logic is a bit flawed. Their play in their rookie year and whatever accolades they win doesn't answer this question. That's just one year...it's only really great value if these guys keep it up for years. Him making 1st team isn't the difference maker at all. I don't like his upside. He's a gunner with a low offensive IQ, and no ability to defend anything.

I still think the best player in this draft is the guy who hasn't stepped onto the court yet, and he fell foolishly because of injury. If Noel is truly the best player and the 76ers got him 6th, then that's a huge still. Hell, MCW at 11 looks to be great value too. Philly did great.

I'll throw Wolters' name out there. I think he can stick around.

But I do think Plumlee at 22 is the early front runner. Maybe a top 3-5 player in this draft going forward.
    I agree with what you say but the only thing we can really go off right now is what they've done on the court, and THJR has been a steal for his pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    the steal of the draft is probably noel,at least he's still a mystery to us and we can pretend he wont suck like the rest
    Can't be on board with Noel till we see him play.

As far as Giannis goes, he's still extremely raw, whereas Plumlee is extremely refined for a rookie. In 3 years that may be substantially different, but for year one I have to stick with Plumlee.
    Last edited by IndyRealist; 03-30-2014 at 06:56 PM.

vCash
    There have been a bunch of Rookie guys who have out played him but he has been a god send. If we didn't have him we are not in the playoffs right now. It's scary to think how raw he is offensively with that athleticism he can improve alot.

vCash
    I know it's waaaaay too early to tell but this draft could go down in history as the worst of all time.

Certainly in terms of the top 10 picks. Everyone outside of Oladipo and Burke have been awful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FraziersKnicks View Post
    I know it's waaaaay too early to tell but this draft could go down in history as the worst of all time.

Certainly in terms of the top 10 picks. Everyone outside of Oladipo and Burke have been awful.
    MCW is going to be a good one. The 76ers have surrounded him with a D-League team. In the 1st half of the year he looked like a stud when they had actually NBA quality players on the lineup plus having an athletic big like Noel will help his development

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast