Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Smart Rebuilding in this deal?

Since the Celtics are rebuilding, how about acquire another first round pick and expiring contract(s) in this off season trade.

Celtics:

Lin......8mil exp contract nxt season or have as back up to drafted pg. (Smart/Exum)
    Asik......8mil exp contract nxt season or keep as NEEDED BIG and a rim protector.
    1st rnd pick 2014. (in the 20's)

Hou:

Bass + Green and/or Bradley.

Money in cap if C's use those exp contracts and another first round pick, as the standings are now looking at #5-bos,17-nets & 25-hou.......order.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by esb View Post
    Since the Celtics are rebuilding, how about acquire another first round pick and expiring contract(s) in this off season trade.

Celtics:

Lin......8mil exp contract nxt season or have as back up to drafted pg. (Smart/Exum)
    Asik......8mil exp contract nxt season or keep as NEEDED BIG and a rim protector.
    1st rnd pick 2014. (in the 20's)

Hou:

Bass + Green and/or Bradley.

Money in cap if C's use those exp contracts and another first round pick, as the standings are now looking at #5-bos,17-nets & 25-hou.......order.
    Bass has one year left and is a bench guy getting more than he's worth
    Green is an overpaid erratic player with too many years left
    Bradley could be a sign & trade - that's about it.

Asik is more desirable league wide that anyone from the Celtics side.

Lin's not very good, but he's worth more Green since Green's contract runs longer (if the takes his option which he'd be stupid not too).

On top of that you want a 1st from a team that wouldn't deal Asik unless they got a 1st?

Let me help you out, put yourself into the place of the other team - what they have, what they need, etc. Until you can convince yourself that the other team would be interested you don't have a deal worth posting.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    I think the Asik ship has sailed...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!