Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Rondo in L.A.?

vCash

Rondo in L.A.?

What do you think about the C's trading Rondo to the Lakers for their 1st rnd pick (top 5 probably). And starting over with Dante Exum or Marcus Smart?

Dante Exum:
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dante-Exum-36198/

Marcus Smart:
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Marcus-Smart-6284/

vCash
    Too bad the Lakers would never trade their pick for Rondo...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    x2

Don't want Smart, and Exum has said that he only wants to play for the Lakers.

What team would be stupid enough to trade a ~#6 pick for Rondo with all his problems, and the fact Rondo won't sign until he's a FA so he can max out the years and the money?

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash

Rondo in L.A.?

wait, what? why on earth would the Lakers entertain this trade?

Sorry this was front page on my phone app, I don't mean to troll your forum, but come on.
    Last edited by MonroeFAN; 03-30-2014 at 08:01 AM.

vCash
    Kobe is ball dominant.

Rondo is ball dominant.

Not happening if their is an ounce of common sense in L.A.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Kobe loves Rondo. I think the Lakers would entertain a Rondo for draft pick, although I would not do it unless we got a top 3 pick. We'd probably have to take back Steve Nash's contract though...but for 1 year I could live with it.

Rondo for Top 3 pick and nash? YES

Lakers want to turn it around next year so I could see them trading the pick, absolutely.
    El Presidente

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    Kobe loves Rondo. I think the Lakers would entertain a Rondo for draft pick, although I would not do it unless we got a top 3 pick. We'd probably have to take back Steve Nash's contract though...but for 1 year I could live with it.

Lakers want to turn it around next year so I could see them trading the pick, absolutely.
    In no world real or imagined would the Lakers deal a top 3 pick for Rondo even if getting rid of Nash for a year. Utterly ridiculous.

OTOH, if the Lakers had say #3 and #11, they would deal #11 (if they wanted Rondo) if Rondo signed an extension (which he won't), and the Celts would have to be morons to turn it down. Plus we'd have 3 years before that pick gets expensive to use that slot that Nash occupied for 1 year.

As so often is the case otherwise reasonable basketball minds lose all sense of objectivity when valuing Celtic players.

vCash
    Isn't there talk of D'Antoni staying in LA...??? If so, Rondo wouldn't fit in his type of uptempo offense...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    I wish we could con them into a deal like that, UNFORTUNATLEY they're not the stupid!
    Last edited by Fla.SticKy; 04-04-2014 at 09:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    x2

Don't want Smart, and Exum has said that he only wants to play for the Lakers.

What team would be stupid enough to trade a ~#6 pick for Rondo with all his problems, and the fact Rondo won't sign until he's a FA so he can max out the years and the money?

His prima donna attitude that he is showing to essentially force his way to the Lakers is enough for me to pass. Even if he did suck it up for his rookie contract, how could the team rest easy knowing his strong desire to play for the Lakers? If some other team wants to take that risk, good luck. I would much rather draft a kid who is ready to come in and go to work regardless of what team he is drafted to. Definitely has the skills and potential to be one of the best players in this draft, but being an 18 year old and making demands like that doesn't seem to be worth the risk in my opinion. The Timberwolves have been lucky so far with Rubio after a similar desire to play for one team, but that can't automatically translate into Exum doing the same thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
    His prima donna attitude that he is showing to essentially force his way to the Lakers is enough for me to pass. Even if he did suck it up for his rookie contract, how could the team rest easy knowing his strong desire to play for the Lakers? If some other team wants to take that risk, good luck. I would much rather draft a kid who is ready to come in and go to work regardless of what team he is drafted to. Definitely has the skills and potential to be one of the best players in this draft, but being an 18 year old and making demands like that doesn't seem to be worth the risk in my opinion. The Timberwolves have been lucky so far with Rubio after a similar desire to play for one team, but that can't automatically translate into Exum doing the same thing.
    We may have the Lakers by the short ones now. We get #4 and Parker stays in the draft and Exum is OURS - to trade to the Lakers - and we should be able to extract a mighty price on them for it. Since the Lakers have basically zero players to trade, it'll have to be a pick(s).

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Very wishful thinking. I would have a hard time seeing anyone giving up a top 10-15 pick in this years draft for rondo never mind a potential top 5.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post

Hmm... I love my wife... doesn't mean I would want her on my basketball team.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB