Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blow it up

vCash

Blow it up

It's time to blow this thing up. Fire the GM,the coaching staff and keep a select few. Who would be opposed to trying to get Mcdavid? No heart on this team. No defense from the forwards or D. No structure from the coaching staff. Zero leadership or heart. Choke job in game 7 last year. Choke job down the stretch this year. The best players on this team, Phaneuf and Kessel do absolutely nothing down the stretch. Blow it up.Rant over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    It's time to blow this thing up. Fire the GM,the coaching staff and keep a select few. Who would be opposed to trying to get Mcdavid? No heart on this team. No defense from the forwards or D. No structure from the coaching staff. Zero leadership or heart. Choke job in game 7 last year. Choke job down the stretch this year. The best players on this team, Phaneuf and Kessel do absolutely nothing down the stretch. Blow it up.Rant over.
    ^That's all well and good but if the Leafs did that, the proposed changes to the draft would go through for sure just to make sure we get screwed and not get him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    ^That's all well and good but if the Leafs did that, the proposed changes to the draft would go through for sure just to make sure we get screwed and not get him.
    I'll take my chances. A culture change is needed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    I'll take my chances. A culture change is needed.
    Yea but because of where we finished last year, we'd probably be no higher than 8th or 9th even if we tanked under the new system because it would take in multiple years of performance. Nobody would blow up a team with that potentially looming.

vCash
    U don't have 2 blow it up,since half the roster is free agents...However if u really want 2 make changes I start with players first,and the first guy is Kessel. Yes I understand his great talent,but those kind of players don't win championships. Remember boston bruins had him and let him go,guess what happened they won championship.
    Kessel is not franchise player...Maybe it's perfect time 2 deal him and get some upcoming great young players.

“The pleasure of rooting for Goliath is that you can expect to win. The pleasure of rooting for David is that, while you don’t know what to expect, you stand at least a chance of being inspired.”

vCash
    Isn't Jim Rutherford departing at the end of the season from the Hurricanes? With suggestions of blowing up the Staff such as Norris, would Jim Rutherford be a good replacement? ( jumping ahead but if it where the case if the leafs fired Norris )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBall20 View Post
    U don't have 2 blow it up,since half the roster is free agents...However if u really want 2 make changes I start with players first,and the first guy is Kessel. Yes I understand his great talent,but those kind of players don't win championships. Remember boston bruins had him and let him go,guess what happened they won championship.
    Kessel is not franchise player...Maybe it's perfect time 2 deal him and get some upcoming great young players.
    100% AGREE! However...this is the Leafs we're talking about, and Nonis just locked him up for the next 7 years @8 million/yr. Kessel is the perfect guy to add to a team that is right there, but needs that scoring shot in the arm...not the player you build a team around. 2nd in the league in scoring...who cares...zero compete and zero heart = minimal team value.

You don't think other guys making much less on the team don't look at his paycheck and work ethic (and Phaneuf, JVR, Lupul for that matter too) and figure "why bother to work my *ss off every night when these guys get a free pass and Kessel gets to go public skating every shift?"

It's useless expenditure of energy and emotion complaining about it. The entire culture needs to change. If we got the right coach in place with the right players around him, and the right captain...maybe guys like JVR, Kessel, Lupul, Kadri, Phaneuf wouldn't be such wussies and more worried about their wardrobe and stats, as they are about the chemistry and results of the team. Accountability is SERIOUSLY lacking in this organization.

vCash
    love the sig...sad...but it's so true!

vCash
    Nope keep building it up, leafs have no defensive responsible 2-way guys on the team. They are made up of offensive talent. They need to get some two-way talent. No need to panic and trade two kinds of guys that are hard to acquire (Kessel, Phaneuf).

imo one guy from each of these pair has to be traded. For an O'Reilly type or a #2 defenseman. Kadri/Lupul+Gardiner/Rielly

I would go hard after O'Rielly with Kadri+Gardiner+1st and then let Percy+Granberg come up. Leafs forwards have been worse than the defense these past two games (as hard as that is too imagine.

Dump Franson, Raymond, Orr, Bolland and with that money sign Winnik and/or Fayne if you want a quick fix.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Nope keep building it up, leafs have no defensive responsible 2-way guys on the team. They are made up of offensive talent. They need to get some two-way talent. No need to panic and trade two kinds of guys that are hard to acquire (Kessel, Phaneuf).

imo one guy from each of these pair has to be traded. For an O'Reilly type or a #2 defenseman. Kadri/Lupul+Gardiner/Rielly

I would go hard after O'Rielly with Kadri+Gardiner+1st and then let Percy+Granberg come up. Leafs forwards have been worse than the defense these past two games (as hard as that is too imagine.

Dump Franson, Raymond, Orr, Bolland and with that money sign Winnik and/or Fayne if you want a quick fix.

I like O'Riell from Colorado,but if u already gonna give up that much,why not just go get John Tavares,hell u need both them 2 compete for championship. I would like 2 c Bozak slotted as number 3 center..

I've asked this before,would islanders do Kessel for Tavares???

“The pleasure of rooting for Goliath is that you can expect to win. The pleasure of rooting for David is that, while you don’t know what to expect, you stand at least a chance of being inspired.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBall20 View Post
    I like O'Riell from Colorado,but if u already gonna give up that much,why not just go get John Tavares,hell u need both them 2 compete for championship. I would like 2 c Bozak slotted as number 3 center..

I've asked this before,would islanders do Kessel for Tavares???
    If we had Tavares, would you trade him for Kessel? Not a chance! The only way it would happen is if the Islanders absolutely know he won't re-sign...then they perhaps do it...but we'd likely have to throw something else in, as Tavares will equal Kessel in points, but bring so much more to the table.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by passengershawn View Post
    100% AGREE! However...this is the Leafs we're talking about, and Nonis just locked him up for the next 7 years @8 million/yr. Kessel is the perfect guy to add to a team that is right there, but needs that scoring shot in the arm...not the player you build a team around. 2nd in the league in scoring...who cares...zero compete and zero heart = minimal team value.

You don't think other guys making much less on the team don't look at his paycheck and work ethic (and Phaneuf, JVR, Lupul for that matter too) and figure "why bother to work my *ss off every night when these guys get a free pass and Kessel gets to go public skating every shift?"

It's useless expenditure of energy and emotion complaining about it. The entire culture needs to change. If we got the right coach in place with the right players around him, and the right captain...maybe guys like JVR, Kessel, Lupul, Kadri, Phaneuf wouldn't be such wussies and more worried about their wardrobe and stats, as they are about the chemistry and results of the team. Accountability is SERIOUSLY lacking in this organization.

I've said this to you before and you keep ignoring it like everything else you disagree with. How does Kessel being 2nd in scoring and Dion being the most relied upon and most effective dman give the guys a "why bother" attitude.

Say what you will about this losing streak, but i had serious doubts about Lupul+Kadri+Gardiner+Franson+etc when i was watching Dion shut guys down and Kessel score goals early in the season and no one stepped up. Now no one is stepping up. If anything it's the other way around. Dion has to play half a season waiting for someone to play an ounce of defense with him? Kessel has to score 40 goals before Clarkson gets 5 goals.

The team as a whole is not getting it done. The teammates around Dion and Kessel have done nothing and now no one is getting it done about now.

vCash
    Defense are all offensive guys and pretty soft.
    Secondary scoring is inconsistent.
    Too many all offense-no defense forwards.

Blowing it up is too much. Watching the game, you have talent but this was bound to catch-up though this bad, not so much.

vCash
    Guys, look at this team. Really look at it. How many guys are at their best on offense, defense, and at both ends. Count each category separately.

Offense: Kessel, Lupul, Kadri, Rielly, Gardiner, Franson, JVR, Bozak, Raymond
    Defense: McClement, Kulemin, Gleason, Gunnarsson
    Both: Bolland, Dion

Then you have Bodie, Clarkson, Orr to try and fit in there. It's offense or bust with this team. They need more two way guys. Dion, who should worrying about offense and Bolland, who is on one leg right now is not enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    I've said this to you before and you keep ignoring it like everything else you disagree with. How does Kessel being 2nd in scoring and Dion being the most relied upon and most effective dman give the guys a "why bother" attitude.

Say what you will about this losing streak, but i had serious doubts about Lupul+Kadri+Gardiner+Franson+etc when i was watching Dion shut guys down and Kessel score goals early in the season and no one stepped up. Now no one is stepping up. If anything it's the other way around. Dion has to play half a season waiting for someone to play an ounce of defense with him? Kessel has to score 40 goals before Clarkson gets 5 goals.

The team as a whole is not getting it done. The teammates around Dion and Kessel have done nothing and now no one is getting it done about now.
    I don't disagree...and the laser beams of scrutiny need to aim broader than 2-3 guys...but we're talking about the team captain, and the golden boy that cost us Tyler Seguin or Taylor Hall. They are our two most high profile players, and neither are leading by example. Kessel has pretty much disappeared, and Dion's games has collapsed.

The team needs a culture change...everyone in hockey can see it, and both of these guys will continue to have targets painted on their backs until Leafs either start winning in the playoffs and playing inspiring hockey...or either/both of them are gone.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast