Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

PJ Tucker's future....Re-sign or Let Go?

Who else wants him back? Id give him 3yr/15mill. I wonder what type of offers he will get from other teams.

vCash
    I'd be happy paying him jared Dudley type money at the most. Anything we offer will be a massive pay rise and I think he'll be happy to stay with us at 3-4x what he's earning now.

Hes an important player for us so I think we'll pay as much as $5mill for him but anything over that and I think you go look elsewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    I'd be happy paying him jared Dudley type money at the most. Anything we offer will be a massive pay rise and I think he'll be happy to stay with us at 3-4x what he's earning now.

Hes an important player for us so I think we'll pay as much as $5mill for him but anything over that and I think you go look elsewhere.
    Yeah 5 is as high as i'd like to go. Wonder what teams go after him in the off-season.
    He did say he wants to retire a Sun though.

vCash
    Agreed with the 3 @ 5mil per. Unfortunately, there could be teams that offer him a midlevel deal. He'd be an idiot not to take the money as this may be his only big contract. If we get him for 4-5mil I think we did well for ourselves. It's also the type of deal you could trade if necessary.

He's a glue guy and is the type of player you win championships with.
    Seeing as we have no primary FA's to go after (that I'm aware of), we really should make him our primary target this offseason to show how much we want him. Be at his door at midnight. Don't give him a chance to talk to other teams.
    Last edited by king4day; 03-29-2014 at 09:05 PM.

vCash
    Idk but both Green and Tucker need to come back unless we get Gordon Hayward or LET then he becomes expendable.

vCash
    Green is already signed next year I believe so we don't need to worry about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7secondsORless View Post
    Green is already signed next year I believe so we don't need to worry about that.
    Yeah we do cause I would rather extend him for cheap right before the beginning of next season before he ups his value even more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    Yeah we do cause I would rather extend him for cheap right before the beginning of next season before he ups his value even more.
    This will probably depend on what happens during the summer. Extending green and signing Tucker for 3 years @ 5per each would be great. I realize Green may demand more but the value would be great for us.

vCash
    I'd give him Dudley type money also. I think he will stay. We are the team that took a chance on him and Hornacek is the one that improved his god awful shooting.

There's no guarantee he will play this well elsewhere in a different system, with a different coach and players.

He could bust somewhere else like Dudley did with the Clippers. Tucker would be smart to stay in PHX.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    I really don't think greens value is going to increase. If anything it will decrease: I don't see him getting the same opportunities he's had this season ever again. Not To mention that he's already getting paid quite a bit right now.

vCash
    You would be surprised what teams will be willing to pay for a player that can get hot like Green. Maybe not a contender but I can see him getting a larger contract from another desperate team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    This will probably depend on what happens during the summer. Extending green and signing Tucker for 3 years @ 5per each would be great. I realize Green may demand more but the value would be great for us.
    I agree. 3-4 years at 4 mill with incentives on his fg and 3pt % should convince him. Tucker could get around the same. Maybe 1 mill more but not a lot more. IMO Tucker is the one out depending on who we sign this off-season.

vCash
    Id rather Tucker over Green personally

vCash
    I think I will be in the minority but I actually wouldn't want him back unless its for under 4 million per year. I love his hustle and toughness but to me he can easily cost us just as much as he helps us. He has some good games and then he has some serious clankers where you sit there and yell what was he doing. Tucker realistically is nothing more than a glorified bench man. He shouldn't be starting and realistically should be the 7th or 8th guy off the bench on a Playoff/Championship caliber team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7secondsORless View Post
    I think I will be in the minority but I actually wouldn't want him back unless its for under 4 million per year. I love his hustle and toughness but to me he can easily cost us just as much as he helps us. He has some good games and then he has some serious clankers where you sit there and yell what was he doing. Tucker realistically is nothing more than a glorified bench man. He shouldn't be starting and realistically should be the 7th or 8th guy off the bench on a Playoff/Championship caliber team
    Would you rather Tucker for 4 or Green for 4?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast