Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

O.S.Q.O.T.D.: Where would Walt Frazier rank among todays' PGs?

It was on this day in 1945 that Walt Frazier was born. That was not player before or since who matched Frazier in terms of fashion, but as a player, where do you think he would rank today?

It is hard to evaluate him with stats, because turnovers and steals were not recorded for much of his career, but his finals seasons may give some indication.

His scoring was decent, a solid shooting percentage, though not jaw dropping. He did't score a lot (he got about 18 points per36 on his career) and about 6 assists and almost as many rebounds in the same time (impressive for a point guard).

He was also 6'4 which would give him an edge over a lot of guys today.

Thoughts?
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    2nd best after CP3

In his prime years (24-30) he was named an All-Star 7 straight years and averaged 21/7/7 with 2 steals and shot about 50% from the field.

He also won two rings and averaged 21/7/6/2 on 51% shooting in the playoffs (including the greatest game 7 finals performance of all time when he put up 36 points, 7 rebounds and 19 assists to close out the Lakers for his first NBA title).

The guy was a straight up baller both on and off the court.
    Last edited by FraziersKnicks; 03-29-2014 at 05:48 PM.

vCash
    he would be great, with the speed of the game and advanced understanding of conditioning, nutrition, etc, he would be elite.

vCash
    He would be great. 6-4 2-way point guard that was clutch.

vCash
    Best defender by a landslide.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    I'd take him over any point in the league right now. Smart, composed, unflappable, complete game, great instincts, quick hands.

vCash
    #1 in swag

vCash
    I love big guards, him just being 6-4 is a huge advantage. I also love these type of "what if" questions too, so keep it up 😊

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ohreally View Post
    I'd take him over any point in the league right now. Smart, composed, unflappable, complete game, great instincts, quick hands.
    Screw that. The fashion bonus alone puts him in the Elite.

Walt Frazier

Russell Westbrook

One of these two is gangster. The other is Russell Westbrook...
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FraziersKnicks View Post
    2nd best after CP3

In his prime years (24-30) he was named an All-Star 7 straight years and averaged 21/7/7 with 2 steals and shot about 50% from the field.

He also won two rings and averaged 21/7/6/2 on 51% shooting in the playoffs (including the greatest game 7 finals performance of all time when he put up 36 points, 7 rebounds and 19 assists to close out the Lakers for his first NBA title).

This is about where I am in my thinking as well.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    Screw that. The fashion bonus alone puts him in the Elite.

Walt Frazier

Russell Westbrook

One of these two is gangster. The other is Russell Westbrook...

Westbrook has such an awful style. He really strives to be groundbreaking and he just looks terrible.

Clyde is just the man, my favourite player of all-time.

http://www.tallguysgearguide.com/.a/...1141970c-320wi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FraziersKnicks View Post
    2nd best after CP3

you add to it that he's arguably the greatest defender among pg's of all time, and i might put them equal at least

vCash
    Him and CP3 would be the top PG
    Future Ace

vCash
    his defensive ability would be probably the best at his position in the league, and I figure he challenges CP3 for best PG in the league right now.

Would like to see his stats in this much slower era though. He wouldn't be a 20-6 player, but his defense would just be rock starish.
    Last edited by Hawkeye15; 03-30-2014 at 07:32 PM.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Never knew he had such high rebounding averages in the playoffs, pretty sick. The game has changed alot since then but Clyde was adaptable, could play slow/fast, showed a willingness to defer when he mastered Holzman's pass happy system and again when paired alongside another ball dominant PG. So he would definitely bring his team some 2-way versatility. Would prolly average more assists in the current era via the changing interpretation of the assist and the fact that you see more screen action today.
    Oddly enough, that historical G7 that everyone cites, was an example of him getting friendly treatment from the score keepers IMO, the kind of treatment most passers get today.

IIRC, you left Walt off your top-15 in the All-Time PG rankings, hope you've changed your mind on that one.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast