Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

As we near the playoffs...what teams in the East scare you most?

I was inspired to create this thread and see what other's thoughts are. I am speaking with a friend on twitter who is a Rangers fan and he asked if there is anyone in the East outside of maybe Pittsburgh that scared me.

I said Pittsburgh does but that all depends on their defense and how Fleury plays in the playoffs. The team that does scare me though, for some reason is Detroit...they have struggled since moving into the east this year but they are a team with power, experience, and if Howard gets hot that team could be a pain.

What are other's thoughts?

vCash
    Not really worried about PIT to be honest. I don't know why, I just feel like we match up so well against them. Right now I'd say Montreal and Detroit make me nervous (no so much scared). Detroit just knows how to win when it counts and Montreal always plays us tough.

First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Not really worried about PIT to be honest. I don't know why, I just feel like we match up so well against them. Right now I'd say Montreal and Detroit make me nervous (no so much scared). Detroit just knows how to win when it counts and Montreal always plays us tough.
    Nervous is definitely a better word to use. Montreal is always someone to worry about and they have been playing excellent hockey as of late.

vCash
    Montreal Detroit & Toronto

vCash
    Realistically all the teams scare me that we have to face. I have to utmost confidence we can perform, but especially in hockey anything can happen.

Montreal for obvious reasons.

Toronto because of how close they came last year to beating us.

Pitt just based off of the pure talent they have and the chip on the shoulder they have from last season.

Rangers defense has played well the second half of the season and Henrik is always a force.

Anything can happen in hockey, especially when players and goalies get hot. LA winning from the 8th seed was unreal a few years back.

vCash
    Montreal scares me. We have trouble controlling tempers vs them, and sometimes trouble matching up our D vs their forwards....and the refs not falling for their dives all the time would help.

Pitt, Philly and Toronto give me some doubt but not much, given Pitt's lack of depth and our ability to match up with them well, Philly's inconsistent D and goaltending and Toronto also has lack of depth and can't seem to stop a puck right now.

Rangers don't scare me-we beat Lundqvist last year with IMO a weaker offense and they have depth problems on offense.

Detroit I feel would push us into a long series, but I can't see them winning with that awful D corps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    100% this. Anyone who doesn't get a little nervous by these two is kidding themselves. The Habs are a different team against us and Detroit is a battle tested group.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    montreal, cause **** them and their stupid *** ghosts.

everybody else, unless a goalie plays on his head we should have no problem beating. We are made for the playoffs. First round scares me the most cause thats when the biggest upsets happen
    In PC we trust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    100% this. Anyone who doesn't get a little nervous by these two is kidding themselves. The Habs are a different team against us and Detroit is a battle tested group.
    I agree with the idea that Detroit would play a tight series with us and potentially push it to 6-7 games, but seriously, does anybody think their horrid D corps would be able to hold up for an entire series and beat us?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    I agree with the idea that Detroit would play a tight series with us and potentially push it to 6-7 games, but seriously, does anybody think their horrid D corps would be able to hold up for an entire series and beat us?
    And no goalie, Howards good but he hasn't proven himself in the playoffs. Previous years detroits system and great D helped subpar goalies look great this year the goalie is going to have to be out of this world if they hope to do anything in the playoffs
    In PC we trust

vCash
    Montreal is really the only team i fear. I think the Bruins can easily beat them, but its just the Montreal factor.

vCash
    i agree that montreal and detroit are the two teams that scare and it is mostly due to intangibles that could quickly develop and make things tough. i feel the Bs are a very good squad right now and really should be the team scaring people.

vCash
    not really any team the Bruins should be worried about. Assuming(knocking on wood) they make it to the finals the Hawks lost P Kane for the year,Ducks goaltending is not that great,Sharks have a young team with playoff chocker Thorton & Crosby and the Penguins are still overrated. nothing to worry about IMO

vCash
    We almost lost to Toronto last year, they played us very well. Detroits been injured a majority of the season, wouldnt be surprised if they made a run of they can get a couple guys back for the playoff run(if they make it in the playoffs).

Everyone here is underrating Pitt, good home and away record. They are targeting us right now and big time. The way they got embarrassed, iginla leaving them for us. They would no doubt in my mind be our toughest series along with Montreal.

Tampa bay and montreal are hot right now.

Tampa is the one team id feel most confident in that we could beat, but also at the same time Bishop has been a beast for them and we all know what a hot goalie can do for a team in the playoffs.

Regardless of who we face it should be a great Stanley Cup Playoffs. Excited for it to get started.

vCash
    When it comes time for the playoffs other teams are going to have a different style of attacking and the Bruins have to get ready for that. What I think we have seen happen the past several years is the Bruins prepare for their opponent based on how they played against them during the regular season and they finally make the adjustments they need too but not until very late...the one major example of this is the Tampa Bay series the year of the Cup...Tampa had that 1-2-1 I think it was which they implemented the final few weeks of the season...very tough system to succeed in but if you can execute it, it's very difficult to beat. It took the Bruins forever but they finally figured it out.

Point is the Bruins just have to be ready to make adjustments on the fly and not be afraid to do so when they are needed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast