Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Patrick Beverley tears meniscus, likely out for the season

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...-torn-meniscus

So.... That sucks. But as I said in the general NBA forum, I don't think this is the end of the world. I love the guy and it's a big loss, but he's likely no more than the fourth most important player on the roster. They can make a deep playoff run without him, and teams have lost far better players than Beverley and made very deep runs.

vCash
    Yeah. I read that depending on the treatment he could be back for the first round of the playoffs.

He shouldn't rush back tho. I assume he's on a very small contract. He needs to get well and get paid.

As for the rockets, they'll be okay but will have to get good matchups in the playoffs to go very far. I love Jeremy, but I don't want to see him up against Chris Paul.

vCash
    My first thought when I heard the news was the rockets need to go out and sign a pg. As both a emergency back-up if Lin gets injured and someone who could replace Canaan if he struggles. And let's be honest, both are high possibilities. But then I looked at the FA's out there and the top choices would be telfair, maynor and tinsley. So maybe it's better if the rockets roll with just Lin and Canaan. And in the playoffs just have harden run the point when Lin is on the bench.

vCash
    That really sucks. However, before we freak out, I haven't found anywhere if it's a medial or lateral tear. So, yeah, there's a chance he comes back at some point in the Playoffs.

About signing anyone, I don't think that's necessary. I really like what I've seen from Canaan. He is crazy quick and we know he is a threat from outside. And Lin has played really well in limited minutes last 9-10 games. So we could be fine, but this definitely lowers any chance we had at anything.

Having Howard dealing with his ankle also doesn't help. He's out tonight.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Man, I heard the news about Beverly . If he's not able to play in the first round the rockets are more than likely going home. Lin and Cannan play will be horrible I doubt the rockets will be able to pick up their slack. Today against the clippers both Lin and Cannan will struggle, . I will say this Kevin Mchale has done a great job with the team , I like the ball movement , their not taking it easy on any teams, and harden is playing like a superstar hopefully today he can bring that momentum against the clippers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by farren.louis View Post
    Man, I heard the news about Beverly . If he's not able to play in the first round the rockets are more than likely going home. Lin and Cannan play will be horrible I doubt the rockets will be able to pick up their slack. Today against the clippers both Lin and Cannan will struggle, . I will say this Kevin Mchale has done a great job with the team , I like the ball movement , their not taking it easy on any teams, and harden is playing like a superstar hopefully today he can bring that momentum against the clippers.
    That's everything you need to know about farren.louis and why his posts aren't worth 5 seconds of reading.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    That's everything you need to know about farren.louis and why his posts aren't worth 5 seconds of reading.
    Thanks for the shoutout , watch the clippers game tonight unfortunately our point guards are going to look bad, but Cannan gets a pass cause he's a rook .
    Last edited by farren.louis; 03-29-2014 at 12:55 PM.

vCash
    That really sucks. However, before we freak out, I haven't found anywhere if it's a medial or lateral tear. So, yeah, there's a chance he comes back at some point in the Playoffs.

About signing anyone, I don't think that's necessary. I really like what I've seen from Canaan. He is crazy quick and we know he is a threat from outside. And Lin has played really well in limited minutes last 9-10 games. So we could be fine, but this definitely lowers any chance we had at anything.

Having Howard dealing with his ankle also doesn't help. He's out tonight.
    Those 9-10 games were against bad teams so of course Lin looked good , but he's up against playoff team today and Cannan is quick but not quick enough for the nba yet. He does have heart though but the rockets should definitely think about signing a veteran

vCash
    If they find out he is done for the season the definatly need to sign a vet.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    If Paul scores 30 today, rockets can still win, but if he gets 15 assists we lose.

My point, help Lin and Canaan, but don't help too much. Stay within reach of your own man.

vCash
    It looks like Beverley thinks he could play again this season. I really, really hope he can play, because Houston is undeniably a better basketball team with him on the floor.

http://www.red94.net/beverley-confid...ll-play-season

vCash
    Big, big news. Beverley's knee won't require surgery and he is expected to be back in the Playoffs. Still waiting on more reports.

vCash
    Coming from his agent by the way.

vCash
    Big, big news. Beverley's knee won't require surgery and he is expected to be back in the Playoffs. Still waiting on more reports.
    That clippers game spoke volume! We definitely need him back , but also I think Cannan deserves more minutes . His bad game was Lins' season average. You have to admit Cannan is better than Lin , and soon will be better than Beverly . He already has him beat on the offensive end , but Beverly defense alone is a huge huge impact .

vCash
    First, I'll say it again, I'm a Lin fan, but I agreed from the beginning of the season that Beverly should start. But I still think that you guys are over-rating Beverly's defense. He LOOKs good hounding the opposing PG, but it gives up easy baskets as much as it leads to turn overs (see OKC game). His best attribute isn't his one-one defense, it's his hustle and ability to get rebounds and loose balls. Also, his leadership in yelling at stars like Dwight and Harden when they aren't playing as hard as they should be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast