Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Patriots and DT Vince Wilfork restructured his contract.

@AdamSchefter Patriots and DT Vince Wilfork restructured his contract. It's a new 3-year, $22.5M deal, per source. Wilfork stays a Patriot.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    @AdamSchefter Patriots and DT Vince Wilfork restructured his contract. It's a new 3-year, $22.5M deal, per source. Wilfork stays a Patriot.
    It's all about the guarantee, and how much the medicals support it. I'll be bummed if this is just a make nice deal based on hope more than fact.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    It's all about the guarantee, and how much the medicals support it. I'll be bummed if this is just a make nice deal based on hope more than fact.
    Rap Sheet is saying 3 million. Not sure if that's for each year or if it's for the whole contract.

vCash
    Where are they getting money from? Pats only have 4.20M in cap space

vCash
    Yes that 4.20 was counting Wilfork's contract before the restructure. The cap space should go up now.

Proud drinker of the Belichick Kool-Aid
    SO PLEASE POUR ME ANOTHER GLASS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    Where are they getting money from? Pats only have 4.20M in cap space
    He restructured his current deal...

vCash
    It is said only $3M is guaranteed, and that it's all this year. Very much a team friendly deal.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Nice. Pats must feel VW and Kelly are going to be contributors. Both restructures help the team. Welcome back VW.

vCash
    Does that give the pats more money this season ?

vCash
    Love the deal. Only $3 mill guaranteed for this year, can cut him loose if comeback fails. Should be a huge help to our DL!

vCash
    I love you Vince, always and forever

vCash
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m

Pats DT Vince Wilfork could have made more on open market but didn't want to relocate his wife and kids. So stays in NE on reworked deal.
    3m guaranteed total. Nice. Still cautious in how he'll play at his age and that injury, etc.

This was what I wanted earlier in the offseason. Give our DTs a chance. Siliga is solid depth, we'll see if Jones can make 2nd year improvements, we practically drafted a DT high already in Armstead so we've got to see him on the field(which he will be ready to go) and the Vince/Tommy combo comes back after looking good last year. They'll be older and coming off injuries, but I still think we can get good enough production out of them considering the other parts of the D have been improved.

Looks like we could be drafting a DE high instead of a DT.
    Last edited by Aust; 03-27-2014 at 06:36 PM.

vCash
    Does anyone know how much cap space that open? I'm not to familiar with the cap implications when it comes to the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    Does anyone know how much cap space that open? I'm not to familiar with the cap implications when it comes to the NFL.
    Well, they could have gotten $7.58 by cutting him. If his guarantee is $3M then they could save $4.58M if he was put on IR tomorrow.

Question is, what's the nature of the rest of the money? Say he gets $4.58M if he plays more than 50% of the defensive snaps - than it's zero savings.

No way to really answer until we see the deal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast