Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

If Steve Kerr missed

This is purely for the LeBron haters out there. What if Steve Kerr missed his wide open free throw line jumper that was hand fed to him from Michael Jordan. Did MJ make the right basketball play? Yes.

Secondly, why would anyone want LeBron to take a last second shot anyways? He's not even the best or maybe even second or third best shooter on his own team.

vCash
    And on a side note to this question:

Would LeBron's decisions to pass be looked at differently if he were listed as an over-sized PG like Magic was? (Seeing as how Magic's first choice in game deciding situations was to make the correct play and pass it to the player with the highest percentage chance of making a shot.)

vCash
    This should end well.

vCash
    I think people complain because 9 out of 10 times mj would take the final shot, with lebron its another story

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    I have no problem with LBJ making a smart basketball play. Jordan forced a lot of shot in the waning second, but he made a lot of them. He also passed the ball off to Paxson and Kerr for some big plays in some big moments of some big games, because he knew who was in the best position to score. I think this was Pippen and Jackson's influence on him.

Only a glory-hound ball like insists on taking the last shot. All due respect to Kobe (he is the second best SG ever to play the game), but he was infamous for forcing such shots and he is lucky that Horry was there to grab an offensive rebound and hit a 3.

If you go back and look at the Laker's game winners, many of them were shot by Fisher or Horry. So what's the BFD if LBJ sometimes moves the ball to the open guy? Those plays, he's got two guys on him, that means somebody is open.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Jordan and Kobe were strict scorers. LeBron is an all around player.

It's hard to compare em imo.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post

Bro, I'm not trying to sound like a d!ck, but you need to look at Jordan's numbers. He was an AMAZING all-around player. He led guards in blocks almost every season, and there wasn't a shooting guard that got more steals in a season than him while he played (as far as I remember), and he was also the best rebounding SG and got more assists than any other SG in the league when he played.

He was an AMAZING all-around played. He was just also the best scorer at the time as well. And this praise is coming from a Detroit fan who still despises the guy.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash

Now that deserves a

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    I have no problem with LBJ making a smart basketball play. Jordan forced a lot of shot in the waning second, but he made a lot of them. He also passed the ball off to Paxson and Kerr for some big plays in some big moments of some big games, because he knew who was in the best position to score. I think this was Pippen and Jackson's influence on him.

Only a glory-hound ball like insists on taking the last shot. All due respect to Kobe (he is the second best SG ever to play the game), but he was infamous for forcing such shots and he is lucky that Horry was there to grab an offensive rebound and hit a 3.

If you go back and look at the Laker's game winners, many of them were shot by Fisher or Horry. So what's the BFD if LBJ sometimes moves the ball to the open guy? Those plays, he's got two guys on him, that means somebody is open.
    you wouldn't know that by some of the hardcore Kobe fans around here. Apparently he has hit every game winner for them since he came into the league, and only missed a few.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    My friends and I used to joke about how in all of MJ's best highlights, there were always a couple guys calling for the ball who were wide open but MJ just managed to pull off miraculous shots time and time again (the switch-handed layup comes to mind)

They are two different players. Lebron is a much better passer/facilitator than MJ ever was and that effects his game. He's not always looking for his shot and that's what makes him so great/efficient. When he needs to turn it on, he does. That wasn't the case earlier in his career but two championships later I think people realize just how dominant he can be.

It's crazy that people are *****ing about him not being SELFISH ENOUGH? What?

Lebron gets all of his teammates involved while scoring at a crazy efficient clip. He is exactly what you'd want from your star player.

Did people really want him to shoot a highly contested, double-teamed 25-footer last night over a wide open Bosh shot?

It was the obvious choice to make, but the pass should have been timed better (Bosh was still moving backwards as he caught it).

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    vCash
    if i had an order for last second shot on the Heat i would go
    1.Allen
    2.Bosh
    3.Wade
    4.James.

Bosh had a better shot though. hes generally clutch. Hibbert made a fantastic close out to alter it. bosh missed.. the end. not much more to it. i think people are making to big a deal out of this
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    vCash

there wasn't a single thing Jordan could not do.
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

vCash
    I don't agree with the crap some people throw towards Lebron. But making a thread up because you don't like it and want to cause more crappy debates that will just end in arguing is not what should be done. Some posters honestly need to just be on a shorter leash than others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    I don't agree with the crap some people throw towards Lebron. But making a thread up because you don't like it and want to cause more crappy debates that will just end in arguing is not what should be done. Some posters honestly need to just be on a shorter leash than others.
    Yea, because all 15,888 of your posts have been of pure brilliance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tr3ymill3r View Post
    This is purely for the LeBron haters out there. What if Steve Kerr missed his wide open free throw line jumper that was hand fed to him from Michael Jordan. Did MJ make the right basketball play? Yes.

Secondly, why would anyone want LeBron to take a last second shot anyways? He's not even the best or maybe even second or third best shooter on his own team.
    What if Ray Allen misses last year? Bosh gets traded and who knows what happens to Lebron's and the Heat legacy? If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have figgy pudding.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast