Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Schefter: Moreno Reached Agreement On A One Year Deal With Miami

Former Broncos RB Knowshon Moreno reached agreement on a one-year deal with the Miami Dolphins, per league source.
    Glad to have a vet RB to lead Miller.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-PHINSfan4life View Post
    Glad to have a vet RB to lead Miller.
    Not a huge fan of Moreno as a pure runner but I'm sure the deal is small enough that even if he is only the third down back he will be well worth it. His hands and pass protection will be invaluable on third downs.

vCash
    Dolphins agreed to terms with RB Knowshon Moreno, formerly of the Broncos, on a one-year contract.
    Moreno let a week pass between his visit and signing, but couldn't drum up any other interest. Although the Broncos were open to re-signing, Moreno didn't take any other visits. Teams saw through Moreno's Peyton Manning-inflated stats, but he's still a solid signing for a Dolphins team that had one of the league's worst backfields last season. Moreno gets what's blocked, catches passes and holds his own in blitz pick up. There's a strong chance he enters Week 1 as the Dolphins' No. 1 running back. Daniel Thomas is on the hot seat.
    -Roto

good to see you back D-PHINS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitekimbo View Post
    -Roto

good to see you back D-PHINS
    Just had a free day at work, can't say I will be back with any regularity. But I guess you never know

vCash
    Love this signing. Could provide us with 1000 yards from Scrimmage and most importantly pass blocking

vCash
    When he's healthy he's a good player. He's not great but he's better than what we have on the team right now. Only problems I have with him is that he's not much of a power back which is what we really needed, plus his injury issues. But he's on a prove it deal and will probably become one of the more important players on the offense. Tannehill is overjoyed about this signing.

And if you know what's good for you Dphins, you'll stay off my turf
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 03-27-2014 at 03:42 PM.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    I really like this signing, only a one year, 3 million deal and at least the guy can block and hold his own in the running game. He's not amazing by any stretch but for the contract he's getting, I'm perfectly fine upgrading DT with Moreno. Daniel Thomas should start looking for work, he's done in Miami.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Considering whats left and our options I love this signing. Last season our rbs were horendous in passing situations Moreno not only does well in passing situations he is now our best every down back. And we solved needs at 3 million for 1 year.

vCash
    Good deal.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    3 million for 1 season is solid. I love the one year deals on vets!

He's proven and in his prime. Jersey kid too!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    When he's healthy he's a good player. He's not great but he's better than what we have on the team right now. Only problems I have with him is that he's not much of a power back which is what we really needed, plus his injury issues. But he's on a prove it deal and will probably become one of the more important players on the offense. Tannehill is overjoyed about this signing.
    And if you know what's good for you Dphins, you'll stay off my turf
    He did well at the GL last year. And besides, we can get a power back with a late round pick - maybe a James Wilder, Jr. in round 6.

I'm happy we got him. Didn't want MJD with all that mileage.

vCash
    I really like this signing. A former first round pick who's still young, only 26, and coming off his best season. We definitely played it smart by giving him a prove it year to show if last year was just a fluke.

vCash
    ^^^ With very little mileage.

I'm back on board with Hickey.........he had me nervous with Finnegan but I like this Knowshon add.

vCash
    Hickey did good on this one. He is a solid runner great receiver out of the backfield and excellent in pass protection. He will have a chip on his shoulder for not getting good money or a good deal and will produce. Hickey was smart to wait him out and sign him cheap. I am really liking Hickey so far. I even like the Finnegan deal..... but that's because I think he is going to make a comeback. Although I do agree the Finnegan deal is risky.. but sometimes it pays to roll the dice.

vCash
    I love this signing. For all the same reasons you guys do. Just a do everything back who isn't great at anything but hes solid in all aspects. Blitz pickup, which we hear ALOT about regarding Miami, might be his best attribute. Not expecting 1,000 yards or anything but he can get you some tough yards when our 2 other RB's couldn't. He picks up blitzers and pass blocks better than the other 2. And he catches the ball better than the other 2. I think Moreno and Lamar will be a pretty nice 1-2 punch. Lamar needs to work on blitz pickup and pass catching and hopefully Moreno will have a nice season. Lazor did just see Shady destroy the league, hopefully hes got some ideas to get our running game goin, 2 solid pieces to work with and I still love Thigpens receiving abilities.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast