Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Value of current players?

I like the fact the C's have two first round picks this season. I believe this draft has better depth than most. There are some guys who I think will be available 31-35, maybe through 37 who could be long time contributors in the NBA.

Would you be okay with trading one of the C's current starters / top 8 players for a second round pick in this years draft?

Who?

Bucks
    76er's
    Cavs
    Jazz
    Mavs (Boston's)
    Bucks
    Raptors

Currently have the 2nd round picks in that range.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Only for McGary or Isaiah Austin

And a top 8 player? Guys under contract beyond this season are Rondo, Wallace, Green, Bass, Olynyk and Sullinger.... Not even 8 players lol
    UNC players with NBA Rings - 14

Duke players with NBA Rings - 3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by celtNYpatsHeels View Post

And a top 8 player? Guys under contract beyond this season are Rondo, Wallace, Green, Bass, Olynyk and Sullinger.... Not even 8 players lol
    Rondo, Green, Sully, KO are the guys that could draw a pick (plus you have to take back salary to make the deal work).

If we draft Randle, than we could move Sully, get back a lowish paid bum ($5M or less) with 2-3 years left to match the salary and get one of these picks you are talking about, plus another pick in the next few years or a pick flip - roughly speaking that is, hard to come up with a clear answer.

I don't think it's very likely.

Edit Add:

OK, the Bucks pick Embiid, we pick Randle

They trade their 2nd pick and John Henson to us for Sullinger and our 2nd 1st rounder, and the next 2nd rounder we own. If you don't know John Henson, take a good close look, he's better (and proven) better than anything we'll get with the 2nd 1st. They get a nice if undersized PF to go with Embiid, we get a potential rotation Center if not better. We end up with better PF's with Randle/KO than Sully/KO too.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 03-27-2014 at 11:30 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by celtNYpatsHeels View Post

But there could well be sign and trades. Plus, all the kids with non-guaranteed contracts that could be traded and waived. So, yeah, let's go 8 deep.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Id be open to trading anybody for a draft pick. Id want a high pick for Rondo, mid round pick for Green and would give up Bass for a later first round pick. I mean if we could trade Coleton Iverson for a 2nd round pick then sure...
    El Presidente

vCash
    I just don't think DA has any interest in moving Sully...

I've been wanting a 2nd rd pick since day 1... McGary is interesting, no thanks to Isaiah Austin, Napier is playing well, Wilcox has had a solid season... I'm sure DA could find a solid player in the 2nd...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post

I've been wanting a 2nd rd pick since day 1... McGary is interesting, no thanks to Isaiah Austin, Napier is playing well, Wilcox has had a solid season... I'm sure DA could find a solid player in the 2nd...
    If we don't get a top 3 pick and Randle is on the table Danny has to take him .

With Randle and Olynyk on the team i would trade Sully and our Brooklyn pick to get up higher in this draft if possible considering Sully's value is high right now .
    Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.

Red Auerbach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun5 View Post
    If we don't get a top 3 pick and Randle is on the table Danny has to take him .

With Randle and Olynyk on the team i would trade Sully and our Brooklyn pick to get up higher in this draft if possible considering Sully's value is high right now .
    I'm on board if Randle is there when the C's pick...

IMO Sully and BK's 1st is not worth a better draft position... I just don't see any team in the lottery willing to swap for Sully and let's say the 18th pick...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

vCash
    If we draft Randle, I'd kiss Sully goodbye in a heartbeat....even though I do love him. He would be more valuable as a trade asset.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    Id be open to trading anybody for a draft pick. Id want a high pick for Rondo, mid round pick for Green and would give up Bass for a later first round pick. I mean if we could trade Coleton Iverson for a 2nd round pick then sure...
    I don't know what to say. Bass has to be deal for somewhat equal cash value. Bass is under contract for one year, and he's not cheap, he's actually a hair over paid IMO. So unless we take back a bum with more years left than Bass we have no chance for a 1st.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash

On a poor team, you can't play games with picking positions and missing out on the clear best player on the board.

DA might not be actively attempting to deal Sully, but he's got to make the pick if its there.

vCash
    I'm on board if Randle is there when the C's pick...

IMO Sully and BK's 1st is not worth a better draft position... I just don't see any team in the lottery willing to swap for Sully and let's say the 18th pick...
    Ever hear of the Los Angeles Lakers?

They have put themselves in a bit of a precarious situation with their massive financial obligation to Kobe. The Lakers HAVE TO make the playoffs next year. Kobe's window is closing! If they wanted to rebuild, they didn't have to make Kobe's salary greater than LeBron's!!!

Sullinger would very likely be as helpful in a playoff push next year as whoever their (assuming) #6 pick would, AND they'd still get a mid first round pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyoverrated View Post

They have put themselves in a bit of a precarious situation with their massive financial obligation to Kobe. The Lakers HAVE TO make the playoffs next year. Kobe's window is closing! If they wanted to rebuild, they didn't have to make Kobe's salary greater than LeBron's!!!

Sullinger would very likely be as helpful in a playoff push next year as whoever their (assuming) #6 pick would, AND they'd still get a mid first round pick.
    The Lakers do not have to worry about playoffs, ticket sales and any of the above... IMO they are holding tight onto their pick until the balls drop... If their draft position is not favorable to them, they could most indubitably move it for a far better deal than Sully and BK's pick...

Noting against Sully, but he is not putting LA over the west coast playoff hump next season...

Reggie Lewis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyoverrated View Post

No way the Lakers deal out of the lottery for Sullinger and an ~18th - unless we take on some big and very bad contracts so they can reload via FA instead.

vCash
    I'm hoping we can deal Bass' expiring deal just for a player who makes similar money but sucks and is also expiring. Open up the rotation slot in the front court for a draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast