Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

I really don't recognize this team or organization!

I know I for one was dying for Al Davis to get a Gm and let him run the team. However we all knew that he never would and that would ONLY happen after he died. Not that anyone wished for that however when it did happen I thought we would get a CAPABLE Gm and coach.

In comes Reignald. Like someone else posted in another thread from his VERY first press conference I was nervous. A great orator he is not. He came across as boaring and not too bright.

He then hires Allen who I thought and hoped would be an defensive minded Jon Gruden. Boy, was I wrong! He too is boring and in over his head. So what's the point of all this?

This is the FIRST time in my 35 years as a fan I do not know who this team is. I got tired of Al Davis meddling but I do miss his presence. He truly was the Raiders! He had swagger. REGINALD is bringing this so-called Green Bay philosophy and quite honestly I NEVER liked how they were built. I'd preference Seattle, Pittsburgh or Sanfran style, IF you must copy an organization.

As far as coaches, I liked John Madden, and Jon Gruden style of coaching. Cocky,swagger! Not trying to get into a Hue Jackson debate but he did appear to be a raider coach! I thought Al finally got it right with him. As for Dennis Allen who is this guy? B-O-R-I-N-G!!! One thing I loved and always bragged about, even during our losing times was our rich tradition. ONE THING ABOUT Hue, like him or not he always talked about the raider way, being a raider!

Maybe it's just me, but neither RM or DA comes across as LOVING the Raiders. Yes I know RM WANTS to do well as a Gm. And DA wants to do well as a coach and has a passion FOR COACHING but I don't get the the same feeling when he talks about the raiders. For example, in one interview Chip Kelly said " We are Philadelphia, that's what we do, fight!" He embraced the town!

Anyway I know some are happy with the moves being made, but I CLEARLY see these two have no plan or vision! By stating Shaub is on par with Manning and Bree's or Kurt Warner, confirmed that for me. I am happy these moves are being made too however. Because of these moves and WATCHING, Veldheear and Houston have great seasons elsewhere this year will all but assure Reggie and Allen will be gone! For me it can't come soon enough!

PRIDE AND POISE!

WILL TO WIN!!!

COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE!!
    Last edited by Playaraider; 03-27-2014 at 03:31 AM.

vCash
    Oh on a side note, when Allen talks about us it's always the ' the raiderfans' as if we are just some other team. Or some separate entity. I can't ever recall him saying the " Raidernation !" It may be a small thing but it's small things like that that made me love being apart of the Raidernation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Playaraider View Post
    Oh on a side note, when Allen talks about us it's always the ' the raiderfans' as if we are just some other team. Or some separate entity. I can't ever recall him saying the " Raidernation !" It may be a small thing but it's small things like that that made me love being apart of the Raidernation
    What do you expect? DA has NOT been supported by many in the Nation. He has been scapegoated almost from the beginning of his tenure. That he doesn't get all warm and fuzzy when speaking of the fans is perfectly understandable. Human nature does not normally respond to hatred with love ..... unless DA secretly is Jesus ... and I haven't seen any evidence of that!

As to your other comments ... THANK GOD that we are NOT doing things the way we used to! Those ways were old and tired in 1992 ......

Yes, it's a slow, methodical, approach. It's NOT very exciting, doesn't include big name and big money free agents. Nor does it include any 8 game improvements over one year. It also doesn't include the playoffs, at least not this year. What it does include, is the promise of long-term success, built on a solid foundation. Not on the backs of the savior of the moment, be they players of coaches. You want saviors, go to church on Sunday. You want solid football, give it a few more years and see what the new ways have wrought.

vCash
    I agree with everything you've said about Allen. He's not s motivator and that's what this team needs. Somebody to light a fire under their ***. The team(not the same obviously) played well under both Hue Jackson and Tom Cable, who were both motivators. While I'm not a fan of Hue, he usually had the team ready to go.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak18 View Post
    I agree with everything you've said about Allen. He's not s motivator and that's what this team needs. Somebody to light a fire under their ***. The team(not the same obviously) played well under both Hue Jackson and Tom Cable, who were both motivators. While I'm not a fan of Hue, he usually had the team ready to go.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    I agree.

vCash
    The thing is you don't know if he's a motivator, and RM did play for this organization so I'm sure he knows what is needed to get this team back to it's former self .....which was a winning organization! I couldn't care less if we have swagger or the Raider mystique and you won't either when we finish with a winning record!. Hue had the team ready to go!?!?.....really?! Hue was terrible unless you like giving away draft picks and finishing 8-8 when the rest of your division sucked as well......ugh!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LesterHayes View Post
    What do you expect? DA has NOT been supported by many in the Nation. He has been scapegoated almost from the beginning of his tenure. That he doesn't get all warm and fuzzy when speaking of the fans is perfectly understandable. Human nature does not normally respond to hatred with love ..... unless DA secretly is Jesus ... and I haven't seen any evidence of that!

You can't blame that on the fans bruh!! When we have been bleeding silver and black WAAAAAAAAY. Before he got here ITS UP TO HIM TO REACH OUT TO THE FANS!!!

As to your other comments ... THANK GOD that we are NOT doing things the way we used to! Those ways were old and tired in 1992 ......

I never said do things the old way. In fact I said we all wished Al Davis would hire a Gm recognizing the old way wasn't working. What I AN SAYING IS keep our tradition, Ora and mystique .

Yes, it's a slow, methodical, approach. It's NOT very exciting, doesn't include big name and big money free agents. Nor does it include any 8 game improvements over one year. It also doesn't include the playoffs, at least not this year. What it does include, is the promise of long-term success, built on a solid foundation. Not on the backs of the savior of the moment, be they players of coaches. You want saviors, go to church on Sunday. You want solid football, give it a few more years and see what the new ways have wrought.
    where is this solid foundation that you speak of! Lamarr Woodley? Long term success with Matt Shaub?

vCash
    [QUOTE=Maxfly;28219116]The thing is you don't know if he's a motivator, and RM did play for this organization so I'm sure he knows what is needed to get this team back to it's former self .....which was a winning organization! I couldn't care less if we have swagger or the Raider mystique and you won't either when we finish with a winning record!. Hue had the team ready to go!?!?.....really?! Hue was terrible unless you like giving away draft picks and finishing 8-8 when the rest of your division sucked as well......ugh!![/

Let me ask you, are Gruden, Carrol, Jim Harbough, motivators?

vCash
    [QUOTE=Playaraider;28219120]
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    The thing is you don't know if he's a motivator, and RM did play for this organization so I'm sure he knows what is needed to get this team back to it's former self .....which was a winning organization! I couldn't care less if we have swagger or the Raider mystique and you won't either when we finish with a winning record!. Hue had the team ready to go!?!?.....really?! Hue was terrible unless you like giving away draft picks and finishing 8-8 when the rest of your division sucked as well......ugh!![/

Let me ask you, are Gruden, Carrol, Jim Harbough, motivators?
    I will help you. YES THEY ARE! The fact that ITS NOT EVEN. A question that those other coaches are motivators and after two years YOU DONT KNOW if Allen is. Is THE PROBLEM!

As for our mistique. I DO CARE ABOUT THAT!

As for swagger, in this nfl YOU NEED IT!!

vCash
    I feel the complete opposite on some points. I think for the first time in a really long time, we have direction and are BUILDING something good. You mentioned Seattle, as a team you would want to mimick. Guess what? Thats what RM has in mind. Greenbay was the obvious example of drafting their top players. That is what we're doing. It takes time.

Right now, We are witnessing a rebuild, something Al would have NEVER done. So its perfectly fine being a bit confused at what to expect. Me personally, I just expect improvement. I want to see KEY players being drafted, I want to see vets and coaching holding people accountable. That is gonna happen IMO.

To touch on the Coaching subject. I dont think its fair to call out Coach Allen on his fire and passion. BUT that is NOT what he is here for. He is the Coach to help set a direction, and implement the basics to help develop and evaluate the talent that is gonna be coming in. He is the perfect coach for this roster,filled with a bunch of kids trying to become NFL players.

When we develop players who are ready to become stars, and a team filled with players that can play at a high level, then you bring in a Veteran Coach.

You dont waste your time having a College Math Professor teaching 5 yr olds how to add.

vCash
    So what if dennis allen isn't a rah rah coach like those mentioned. Belichick, Coughlin, and Sean Payton aren't either and that's the type of coach I see DA resembling. As long as a coach gets results that's what matters. Our roster that last two years has been aweful. Until we get a qb it doesn't matter who the coach is we won't win

vCash

I really don't recognize this team or organization!

I'd like to know what the difference is between the Seattle and Pittsburgh philosophies and the Green Bay philosophy.

Goes to show though, winning is everything. 40 years of nothing followed by one Super Bowl victory, and all of a sudden you have a philosophy.

-Stork

vCash
    I don't see the significance of using the term "Raider Nation" other than pacification. It's much like musicians yelling the current city of their tour. It's a rather meaningless gesture. It's an odd gripe.

vCash
    Funny how it seems the fans are the only ones who dislike DA. A lot of NFL players believe he's a good coach...

vCash
    Mm hmm, I'm not going to debate. Lets just see what happens this year

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast