Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Affeldt out 10-12 days

Jeremy Affeldt will miss 10 to 14 days due to a strained medial collateral ligament in his right knee.
    The left-hander will start the season on the disabled list as a result of the injury. It's a tough blow, as Affeldt missed two months last year due to a strained left groin. The Giants signed him to a three-year, $18 million contract last winter are hoping to have him back by mid-April.
    I'm really hoping this isn't an injury that plagues him all season.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats
    Splifftone, OptiskeptSF and Ciaban have a lot in common

vCash
    Certainly makes it easier for Law to make the club. Now he, Machi, Petit & Huff could all make it. Could be a 15-day competition to see who sticks around when Affeldt comes back.

vCash
    Affeldt just getting his annual DL visit out of the way.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Hopefully dude doesn't completely blow balls again this season.

vCash
    Yeah, it would be nice for him to return to form. Considering injuries played a large role in his struggles, 2014 campaign isn't off to a great start.

Like RTL said, hopefully this isn't a lingering injury, or it'll be 2013 all over again...

vCash
    I'd rather him be out than trying to play through an injury again though. I could not stand seeing him get called in to action last year; felt like an instant loss any time.

vCash
    Looks like this injury possibly could've been avoided- he wasn't wearing his brace.

Left-hander Jeremy Affeldt’s latest injury didn’t come via kitchen cutlery or running children or anything else out of the ordinary.

It did leave Affeldt with some explaining to do, though.

He caught a spike in an exhibition March 22 and sprained the same right knee ligament that he hurt in 2012, and as he reported the problem, coaches asked him why he wasn’t wearing his brace.

“I … didn’t have an answer for them there,” Affeldt said Tuesday. “So it’s kind of a pie in my face on that one.”

Affeldt didn’t use the brace all spring, but not because it got in his way on the mound. He actually said it helps him repeat his delivery. He just thought he could get by without it. Instead, he reinjured his knee in the same spot where, two years earlier, he got hurt when his son crashed into his leg while running to give him a hug.

Affeldt is wearing the brace now, and he’s thankful to be using it on a mound again. He threw 50-pitch bullpen sessions last Friday and Sunday, did fine in fielding drills and threw to hitters in minor league camp earlier Tuesday.
    He's scheduled to pitch Friday and Sunday in Fresno and is expected to join the team April 9th, barring any setbacks.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/giants/aff...bcs&ocid=yahoo

Ariana Grande

vCash
    I wonder who's out when Affeldt is back? Hopefully it's Petit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    I wonder who's out when Affeldt is back? Hopefully it's Petit.
    Huff would be the logical choice, IMO.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I still think Bochy would prefer to have another lefty.

vCash
    Probably Gutierrez

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RTL View Post
    Probably Gutierrez
    I forgot about him, which probably tells you everything you need to know.

vCash
    Looks like Affeldt will be out a bit longer than hoped. He hasn't pitched well in his rehab assignments so they want him pitching well before he's back up.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Good. No interest in seeing half-*** trashy Affeldt like last season. Hated him more than anyone on the 2013 team possibly.

vCash
    Mijares?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast