Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

UGLY article about McKenzie and the JV deal. Also the cardinals coach takes a shot

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...eggie-mckenzie

somebody is a liar and somebody looks like a fool.
    Last edited by 52urface; 03-26-2014 at 06:31 PM.

vCash

UGLY article about McKenzie and the JV deal. Also the cardinals coach takes a shot

The only people who know the truth are the parties involved, that being said, it seems like Veldheer's brother who is a new agent overplayed his hand. The agent was holding out for a big payday and RM wasn't gonna meet that price. When RM made them his offer they were offended and once AZ shows him love they took their offer even if it wasn't what they initially were hoping for. I can't say I blame JV, losing gets old and players have the right to leave if they want and players shouldn't be criticized if they wanted to leave for a bigger payday or because they were tired if losing. Everyone does what's best for themselves. Reggie took a calculated risk by not franchising him and I don't buy it when he say he didn't franchise him because he felt a deal could be done. RM didn't franchise JV because he didn't feel he was worth that kind of money, point blank. Call a spade a spade Reggie.

vCash
    What`s done is done lets not be a bunch of Mary`s over it lol.

vCash
    This story keeps gaining legs. Bottom line to me, we lost a solid player in Veldheer. A perennial pro bowler ? No. A solid player.

With 1 pick of this draft we could have a far better LT for our future. That's the bottom line for me. Veldheer can and will be upgraded. Shoot, I don't think we lose that much inserting Penn in there to be quite honest. Really how much do we lose on the field ?

vCash

^agreed. While it's nice to keep your own for continuity and chemistry sake, JV was never a pro bowler and it's TBD if he'll develop into one.

vCash
    I can definitely see RM low balling him. Now we have a much older, lesser player at LT.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

vCash
    Well, if he wanted to stay, he could have. It WAS about the money, which is OK. That's RM's MO, he's not overpaying...period. Was there other offers? Or did he get pissed about the franchise tag, then left for the first offer to spite the Raiders. I think if he really wanted to stay, there was enough flexibility in RM's agenda to solve that issue.

vCash
    He's so tough as nails that he missed 11 games because he tore his triceps after bulking up during the offseason....Goodbye Valdheer, I for one am not gonna miss you and your whining!

vCash
    How does he know if he RM was not trying communicate with him? For all we know RM could of been aggressively talking to JV's brother. JV's brother probably let his feelings get in the way of business but we'll never know. I kind of believe RM. Houston hasn't done any bashing and left with class.
    “You don’t adjust. You just dominate.”
    -Al Davis
    Reggie Please draft Aaron Donald.

vCash
    I still fault RM 100% for this. Arizona stole a franchise LT from us because of our FO's incompetence.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    I liked Veldheer but to be honest, I really don't think he was that great. I think when your team is as bad as it was last year, people tend to make players sound better then they really are. He was a good LT just like Houston was a good D-lineman. We upgraded on both lines with the draft still ahead of us. Good luck Vel, I hope all goes well for you with your new team.

vCash
    Its not like we are talking about Art Shell and Howie Long.

vCash
    Lol...what did we loose on the field?

How quick you all forget how terrible the ol played when he went down. He made statues like Palmer and Campbell look good. Same raider fans that are saying he wasn't a pro bowler, were crying that he wasn't in it.

Fact is he was a top 10 LT. You don't let that walk, and you don't just replace that player unless you draft one top ten. Franchise LT's don't walk in FA unless a GM is flat out ******** for the kind of money he signed for. AZ got lucky...

vCash
    Hes not a raider. Im over it. We are steadily getting better. Who cares

Representing that 330!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    I still fault RM 100% for this. Arizona stole a franchise LT from us because of our FO's incompetence.
    We agree on most things but I feel there is a lot more to this. Its a complicated scenario. Yes this could of null if he would of franchised Veldheer but he was in no way worth being franchise tagged. He wasnt even the best in free agency. He was the 3rd best LT coming off and injury and was never a pro bowler. Veldheer mixed family and business which didnt work well for him and Reggie wasnt going to over pay for him. Eventually both parties parted and thats that. Im happy with our off season even with losing Veldheer. Veldheer was good but was overrated by a lot of Raiders fans souley because he was one of the best players on a bad team.
    Raiders Keith McGill

PSD Mock Draft Raiders GM
    1st Anothony Barr OLB UCLA
    2nd Dominique Easley DT University of Florida
    3rd Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    4th Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
    4th Jordan Zumwalt ILB/OLB UCLA
    5th Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
    5th Richard Rodgers, TE, California
    5th Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama
    6th Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska
    7th Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon