Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

where would the heat rank in the west?

yes another irrelevant, hypothetical thread that means nothing.
    say the heat were in place of the jazz.
    right now they have 48 wins, like the rockets and less than the clippers, thunder and spurs.
    how many wins do you think they would have in the west and were would they go in the playoff?

vCash
    With the way they rest players and seem to check out of some games? Probably behind the Spurs, Thunder, and/or Clippers, and/or Rockets.

If they wanted to go for it all game-in and game-out? First.

vCash
    I think if the Heat played without LeBron in the West, they would struggle to make playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    I think if the Heat played without LeBron in the West, they would struggle to make playoffs.
    Not exactly a bold statement there my man...

Overall, despite them having a consistently very solid record against West teams, I'd have to imagine that over the course of the season the intensity of the matchups out West on a continual basis it would only add on to their current fatigue and they'd close out as the 4 seed. Not being an HCA team from this year forward (if they stay together) would not surprise me in the least.

vCash
    Probably 4th or 5th behind spurs, Okc, clips, mayyyybe rockets. Probably about on par with the rockets. If they had to go through the western playoff picture they'd have about the same chance of coming out as any of the teams I've already listed. I think playing in the east is a huge advantage. Get to the playoffs in the east and you only have 1-3 teams that actually can put up a decent fight, if you're good it's almost a guaranteed finals appearance. In the west it's all of them and you are happy you barely got by the 8 seed lol.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions:
    Yards:
    Tds:

J_M_B is offline Good Enough Ain't Enough
    vCash
    I think they have the best record against the west conference over the last four years. Obviously that record means nothing going forward, but they'll probably still be a top 3 seed. Miami has always had the tendency to play to the level of their competition.

vCash
    If they played in the west, they will be playing a different style and under different circumstances. They will probably have the best record because the west does not have as much bigs and not as physical as East

vCash
    LOL probably with a better record, 2nd or 3rd... Why? Miami play to the level of the opposing team they suck against bad teams, and they play with intensity against great teams. Of course that doesn't mean that they are going to win all of those games, but it will serve as motivation having to play the better teams and more important getting the HCA in the Wild-Wild-West.
    Miami HEAT 2012-2013
    #27ptsCOMEBACK

vCash
    Who cares? Heat would be the best team in the NBA no matter what conference they were in. Pacers are a better question.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whyumadbro! View Post
    If they played in the west, they will be playing a different style and under different circumstances. They will probably have the best record because the west does not have as much bigs and not as physical as East
    Spurs have Splitter/Duncan, Clips have Jordan/Griffin, OKC has Perkins/Ibaka, Rockets have Howard, Dubs have Bogut. And overall they have 7 of the top 10 defenses. Not following you here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CHANGO View Post
    LOL probably with a better record, 2nd or 3rd... Why? Miami play to the level of the opposing team they suck against bad teams, and they play with intensity against great teams. Of course that doesn't mean that they are going to win all of those games, but it will serve as motivation having to play the better teams and more important getting the HCA in the Wild-Wild-West.
    I was going to say this, but you took the words out of my mouth
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    Jimmer still being BLACK BALLED by the illuminati/homeboys...
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    If Jimmer were to be given free reign offensively, the team would basically quit on the organization out of jealousy and envy. The white man is the minority in this game and the black players will be damned if the white man shows him up at his own game. Similar situation happening with Kevin Love, the team has to surround him with foreigners and whites because black players won't succumb to the greatness that is Kevin Love.

vCash
    well, they have a winning % against the west of nearly 72%, trailing only SA . With a steady diet of western conference teams, I think they dip to the OKC percentage (68%) or so, so they would probably be fighting for a 2 seed right now.

Would be interesting to see if they still coasted if they were out west. In the east, Miami knows they can go 80% and contend for the top seed. They wouldn't be able to do that out west, which would worry me as a Heat fan with Wade breaking down.

Gun to my head? Heat would finish with 55-58 wins out west.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    1st playing real... 5th place following the script.

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash

where would the heat rank in the west?

One game above the lakers
    llullz

vCash
    Top 4 fighting for HCA. A LOT would depend on which division they were in. Those extra games against division rivals are killer.

Take for example the Southwest division...

Spurs - 54-16
    Houston - 48-22
    Memphis - 42-28
    Dallas - 43-29
    New Orleans - 30-40

That's FOUR teams on pace for close for 50+ wins in the SAME division, all of which are play off teams. Now replace New Orleans with the Heat and they're playing ALL of them 4 times per year.

The grind would be brutal. The fast pace in the West is killer on the legs. Then you're also facing the Grizzlies pounding you in the paint.

Could Wade hold up in an 82 game schedule playing *that* many games in the West? How many times can Lebron pull out amazing performances under that sort of schedule? How often could the Heat get away with sub-par performance from the rest of the roster against those teams? Heck if I know.

I still think the Heat are a 50+ win team. However, no way I'd bet the house on them walking out with the #1 seed. Not running the gauntlet of the West.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast