Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

If Melo doesn't resign, what do you see Jackson doing???

If melo doesn't resign what do you see Jackson doing? What would your plan be is Melo isn't resigned?

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    hopefully he signs with Houston and we can work out a package around Parsons, Lin, and Asik and a 1st round pick...for Melo. Then try to trade Chadler...hopefully once Amare and Bargs see these moves..they will understandably opt out...
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

vCash
    Clean house, s/t Melo to houston built around asik and an expiring lin, hopefully a 1st rd. pick. try to clear felton and jr smith. Try to sign Love and another max, HOPEFULLY SAVE THE 3RD MAX FOR A RUN AT DURANT in 2016 and david lee at the 5 year mle.

vCash
    Asik, Chandler
    Love, Lee, tyler
    draft, draft
    durant/ hardaway jr , shumpert
    irving/rhondo, lin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCSJR2 View Post
    hopefully he signs with Houston and we can work out a package around Parsons, Lin, and Asik and a 1st round pick...for Melo. Then try to trade Chadler...hopefully once Amare and Bargs see these moves..they will understandably opt out...
    Melo, JR Smith and Felton have opt outs. Amare and Bargs are 100% guaranteed.

What I would like to see is something like this...

S&T Melo for Asik/Lin/Jones + 2x 1st rounders + 2 x 2nd round picks + Filler (Dmo, Hamilton, Casspi, etc), or Asik/Lin/Parsons + 1st round + 2-3 2nd round picks + Filler (Dmo, Hamilton, Casspi, etc)
    Trade Chandler and Bargs as expirings
    *attempt* to trade Stat as an expiring (may require a LOT of sweetener), or just let him expire and re-sign him for MLE type money
    Trade JR Smith and Felton. Will probably need to throw in Shump and some of the Houston picks or role players due to the player options.

At that point you'll have a roster of Lin, Asik, THJr, Tjones, Murray, Aldrich and maybe Shumpert, STAT and Dmo plus whatever you get back for Chandler, Smith and Felton.

Lin, Asik and STAT are expiring, Tjones is on rookie with THJr and Murray. This clears nearly ALL our significant cap going into FA, we'd have loads of picks and young assets to develop or trade, and we'd still most likely be a play off team in the East.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    Kevin Love isn't the guy to build around.. Nor is Rondo.. We either have to get Durant, Lebron, or get a bonafied franchise player through the draft..
    The Dark Knight Rises to Save Gotham Once again..

vCash
    Backflips.

Okay, not literally, but if Melo leaves, Phil won't have to settle for a one-way "star" commanding a max or near-max contract. Problem Child (who is now 30, and no longer a child, and therefore out of excuses for why he isn't playing the right way) will be somebody else's problem. Good luck to them. Meanwhile, Phil will build his vision with players he actually wants.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EnWhyKay View Post
    Kevin Love isn't the guy to build around.. Nor is Rondo.. We either have to get Durant, Lebron, or get a bonafied franchise player through the draft..
    Kevin Love isn't a #1 option, neither is Rondo. However, Love as a #2 is solid. Rondo as a #3 is proven. And either of them makes for a good starting point for attracting a serious impact Superstar.

They become the equivalent of the Amare play... get the first star, then leverage that to get the rest. We *might* have to overpay them initially, but once you get them on the team you can now approach the Tier 1 superstars and have something serious on the roster to entice them to sign in FA.

I suspect once FA rolls around, we'll have to get whatever Star we can, then use that to lure the others.

It's basically the basketball equivalent of getting a lower tier actor like Gary Oldman in your movie, then using that as sweetener to get a Real star like Harrison Ford to sign.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    Kevin Love isn't a #1 option, neither is Rondo. However, Love as a #2 is solid. Rondo as a #3 is proven. And either of them makes for a good starting point for attracting a serious impact Superstar.

They become the equivalent of the Amare play... get the first star, then leverage that to get the rest. We *might* have to overpay them initially, but once you get them on the team you can now approach the Tier 1 superstars and have something serious on the roster to entice them to sign in FA.

I suspect once FA rolls around, we'll have to get whatever Star we can, then use that to lure the others.

It's basically the basketball equivalent of getting a lower tier actor like Gary Oldman in your movie, then using that as sweetener to get a Real star like Harrison Ford to sign.
    The "Amar'e Play" worked out real well, didn't it?

One of the major perks of having Phil Jackson as our President is that we don't need to overpay for talent to come to NY. We overpaid Amar'e because New York was a directionless mess that no one wanted to play for. This is no longer the case.

Phil just needs to flash his rings and his plan, and if he wants to build through free agency, he'll do it the right way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    The "Amar'e Play" worked out real well, didn't it?

One of the major perks of having Phil Jackson as our President is that we don't need to overpay for talent to come to NY. We overpaid Amar'e because New York was a directionless mess that no one wanted to play for. This is no longer the case.

Phil just needs to flash his rings and his plan, and if he wants to build through free agency, he'll do it the right way.
    The Amare play worked in that it got Melo. AND if we didn't get a player with dead knees, it could have worked out very well.

Just because Amare the player didn't work out doesn't mean that the principle of the play isn't sound. The main thing is to attract the RIGHT 2nd tier star, not one that even the Suns wouldn't touch.

As long as Rondo or Love are looking to be healthy long-term, they're perfectly reasonable first signings to attract more talent.

And don't necessarily count on Phil Jackson's rings to be enough to get the first signing at market/discount. It's not like he's asking guys to come to a team that's ready to go... he's trying to sell them on a "what if", and in the end, money still talks.

vCash
    I'd trade him to HOU.

And package Tim Jr. to get Terrance Jones.

Melo + Tim Jr. for Asik/Lin/Parsons/Jones + 1st rd, it seems fair for both sides.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash

Full and total rebuild. Keep Timmy and shump. Trade off everyone else that you can for young pieces draft picks and expirings. Anyone you can't move can be left to expire. Sign and trade melo if possible. This is something the Knicks have refused to do the right way in the past but I think Phil knows it needs to happen if melo bolts

vCash
    It's not a black and white thing: Trade Melo or Full rebuild.

I think you work out a deal with Houston. I don't think you will get Houston to give up both Parsons and Jones.

Lin, Asik, Parsons, Filler, 1st round pick, 2 second rounders.

Then you wait and see what deals opportunities become available and definitely target Love in 2015.

vCash

If you don't believe in Melo as a main piece on a contender then why the hell would you want love?

vCash
    You guys have to keep in my we might be changing to the triangle offense. Rondo makes sense but Love doesn't. I wouldn't want Lin because I doubt he'll resign. Chandler Parson, Asik & 2 1st... Go to full tank mode... Sign Marc Gasol and Rondo in 2015, plus try to reup Parson

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast