Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Melo is not someone you build a championship team around

Tonight just cemented it.

Back to back games. In the middle of a playoff run. Melo is lazy and uninspired. Doesn't provide leadership. You can't be the center of a winning contender if you get mentally fatigued and can't play winning basketball.

I have now seen the movie too many times where Melo is missing **** and the other team builds a lead and Melo starts hitting shots that are too little too late and often against softer defense because the other team is ahead.

These last two games have sealed the deal for me. Melo is not that franchise player. People that talk about Melo in the same breath as Ewing need to stop doing drugs.

I do not give Melo the big money this off-season. I try to trade him or let him walk and rebuild unless I am confident that I can get another player to be the heart of the team or the #1 player.

Melo, as great as he is, is not that guy. Melo isn't even as good as Pippen.

If you wanted to build around Melo, better off waiting for Love in 2015. Taller, younger and better rebounder.

vCash
    I'd rather load up on talent and go for KD in 2016 to be honest, Loves just another Melo.

vCash
    We should let melo go, hopefully get a sign and trade to acquire some assets and re tool in 2015

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    We should let melo go, hopefully get a sign and trade to acquire some assets and re tool in 2015
    I'd trade him to Houston rather than the Bulls, if a trade was to happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzace137 View Post
    I'd trade him to Houston rather than the Bulls, if a trade was to happen.
    I'd love to have lin, asik and parsons. the only reason thatd happen is if melo decided that he needs more money, but hes already said he would take a paycut

vCash
    I've said it since before we traded for him.. However, if anyone can build a championship team around 'Melo, its Jax..

That said, i've hated 'Melo and his cancerous game since day 1. I wish we traded him at the deadline.. Thinking of the assets and picks we could've snagged is enough to make me cry myself to sleep..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    I'd love to have lin, asik and parsons. the only reason thatd happen is if melo decided that he needs more money, but hes already said he would take a paycut
    If he's half as selfish as i think he is, he won't take a pay-cut..

vCash
    lmao you got this from watching that game

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    I completely agree. Melo is not a number1 option on a championship team
    We Rep The City! Not A Borough.
    True New Yorkers Wear Orange And Blue

vCash
    I dunno if THIS particular game defines Melo, however I've been of the belief for some time that Melo is an ideal #2, not a #1.

He's the guy you stick NEXT to a KD, Lebron, or other alpha dog Franchise player. In that way he falls in what I consider to be the Dwight Howard mold. You let him *think* he's the center of the franchise, but you really have the team being run by another guy.

I keep thinking back to one of the interview on ESPN, where one of the players who knows Melo told them off the record (anonymously) that the issue isn't Melo's talent, it's that he THINKS that he's an Alpha dog, when he's really NOT that kind of person.

You can build a championship team WITH Melo, I just don't think you can build one *around* Melo.

Melo can be the most talented guy on the team, I just don't think he's the guy that should be the guy *leading* the team.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    No surprise, nice run but we are who we thought we were

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    K love has yet to make the playoffs and that's the guy we begging for..

CARMELOOOOOOO ANTHONYYYYYY!!!

vCash
    Let PJax do his thing I dont stress, this season became a lost one a long time ago

Melos my MVP

vCash
    Melo is not "even as good" as one of the 25-30 best players of all time - get rid of him!!!

Melo is good enough to be your #1 scorer, but he needs a couple all around players that are at least somewhere CLOSE to his stature as a top 10-15 player to compete - just like every player does. Look at the ****ing guys he is playing with, Tyson is the only player on the team that is above a spot minute role player's impact level.

We need a point guard, we don't need to get rid of our best player. Just look at our record when we get MEDIOCRE PG production (mediocre I mean scoring over 10 ****ing points). Imagine if we got GOOD PG production? How about GREAT?

Paul Pierce was a bonafide loser until a couple HOFers came knocking at his door too. Melo is going to need a similar situation if a contender is to be built with him as the first option scorer.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    People confuse #1 option and best player. I think Melo is certainly good enough to be your #1 option. He might need an all around player to be the best player though.

And if Phil feels the need to make Melo feel loved because he wants him back, if he feels the need to say unsolicited he wants Melo here for the future and if he thinks Melo CAN be that guy, than you should take his word for it.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast