Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Dodgers end Yanks' 15-year payroll streak

Boom... take that, you pinstriped bastards.

Dodgers' $235M payroll tops MLB

NEW YORK -- Zack Greinke and the Los Angeles Dodgers have knocked Alex Rodriguez and the New York Yankees off baseball's payroll perch, part of an offseason spending spree that has the average salary approaching $4 million for the first time.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10...es-15-year-run

vCash
    Dodgers got cash.. I'm a little surprised they didn't spend a ton this off season given the availability of some quality players. You think dodgers have their sights on a high profile player that they are holding money for? Like mike trout perhaps? I doubt he makes it to free agency, but you never know..

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    ^ Bingo! You never know, my friend. He may sign a sweetheart deal like Longoria, but I doubt that happens.

I think that kid will want to hit free agency and he will get an ungodly amount of money. Like 'double-middle finger', make you wanna vomit money. I'm sure both the Dodgers and Yanks will fall over themselves to snag him up.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

- Carl Sagan

vCash
    Trout or Stanton in the near future. Why is there no game on Monday?

vCash
    I really feel like mike trout will sign the richest contract ever,he's super young and already arguably a top 5 best player in the league. And yes I think it will go 250-300mill. Good to know dodgers have that kinda cash to throw at him whether he takes it or not.

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    We only surpassed the Yankees because A-Rod was suspended.

vCash
    We might have our own Mike Trout in Puig but I wouldnt be upset about getting him or Harper on the roster when they hit FA. I am not going to worry about those big name free agents when we are pretty stacked already in all facets of the game (except for bench). We are going to be very tough this year as long as we stay healthy.