Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Mark Jackson forces reassignment of assistant Brian Scalabrine

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/warrior...184142899.html

Ownership and management have been strong advocates of Scalabrine and his performance on the job, sources told Yahoo Sports. Nevertheless, Warriors officials decided that as long as Jackson is the head coach, he'll have control of his coaching staff.

It is immediately unclear what kind of a role to which the Warriors will transition Scalabrine, but management has no intention of letting him leave the organization, sources said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    Poor Red Head, did he undermine the HC? If you outshine the HC, the HC will step on you like a bug. Oh wait, ownership stepped in, this is a freaking soap opera.
    On a similar subject I hope the Knicks are dumb enough to give the W's a 2nd rounder for Jackson next year!

vCash
    Chromehounds, the most predictable poster in the forum

she says go for the championship

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Chromehounds, the most predictable poster in the forum
    LOL....Common sense or should I say logical thinking at times can be very predictable.
    I wonder why your lovable coach Jackson doesn't get along with individuals that have basketball knowledge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromehounds View Post
    I wonder why your lovable coach Jackson doesn't get along with individuals that have basketball knowledge.
    LOL. I love Scalabrine, but he was a scrub as a player and we've no reason to think he's a good coach.

Jackson gets along with the players, do they lack basketball knowledge? Dre said one of the main reasons he wanted to play with us was to play for Jackson.
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.

vCash
    Jackson is a winning coach in this league. The assistant should be removed if he's undermining the HC.

she says go for the championship

vCash
    Scal is in the D-league now.

This might actually be a mutual thing. It's possible they're using the D-league to get Scal more experience and to improve his coaching ability, he'll have more control there than he will as the assistant on the Dubs.

vCash
    This doesn't seem like a huge deal, but I hate this type of press as we're beating the Playoffs. This type of crap seems distracting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    LOL. I love Scalabrine, but he was a scrub as a player and we've no reason to think he's a good coach.

Jackson gets along with the players, do they lack basketball knowledge? Dre said one of the main reasons he wanted to play with us was to play for Jackson.
    I was one of the folks that laughed at the Scalabrine signing, did not know he was highly recommended by Thib for his defensive mindset...lets get that out of the way.
    It should be obvious by now why some players came out saying they love to play for Jackson. If I have to spell it out for you so be it. Jackson masked his inability to coach by giving free range to his starters, none of the starters are being held accountable, period. If your boss doesn't hold you accountable at work, wouldn't you say the same thing? I'm not sure about the bench but almost certain the starters are getting a free ride here with Jackson at the helm. With such approach it's almost certain there are some disgruntle bench players, but will see.
    Regarding assistant coaches not getting along with Jackson, why do you think that is? Is Jackson a bad human being not treating his staff professionally? What is it that make these guys losing their respect for their HC?
    Back to the Red Head, not sure what he did to get the backing of the front office. Whatever it was....it must have impressed the FO.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf:28211202
    This doesn't seem like a huge deal, but I hate this type of press as we're beating the Playoffs. This type of crap seems distracting.
    agreed. The thread in the nba Main is a mess though. I would avoid it.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    agreed. The thread in the nba Main is a mess though. I would avoid it.
    You need to get your trolling homer *** into that thread pronto!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromehounds View Post
    Regarding assistant coaches not getting along with Jackson, why do you think that is?
    Why do you believe everything you read?

You believe that report. But you don;t believe Malone when he says that he enjoyed working with Jackson, respected him as a coach and that Jackson decided the plays?

So you just pick and choose which reports to believe depending on whether or not they support your argument?

vCash
    Quick, Sir Lol Please of Trollington, make haste. Before the lords of the flop send their forces from Houston to support the attack on King Jackson and his mighty Warriors.

vCash
    Whats the general consensus on Jax around here from Dubs fans? Obviously I love the guy as he is a NY legend, but this is the first I've heard anything about him being anything other than great for you guys.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Whats the general consensus on Jax around here from Dubs fans? Obviously I love the guy as he is a NY legend, but this is the first I've heard anything about him being anything other than great for you guys.

He's great. I think if you ask here people like him, but on places like reddit he lost a lot of respect.

That being said, his defensive schemes are really impressive. His offensive schemes are a bit MEH and we don't shoot enough threes anymore in my opinion. But this is the same guy that led us to a 13th in defensive efficiency with a rotation of Jack-Steph-Klay-Landry-Lee.

Defensive mastermind in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    How do I think [Kevin] Love helps his team lose? Terrible defense, chucker, basically a of version if Monta

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast