Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Whos feeling the most pressure to perform or even worse, WIN these playoffs?

Bron has that 3-peat pressure, KD has that first timer pressure, CP3 has that pressure of at least getting to the Conference Finals if not Finals, to finally get the masses off his back for his historical stats. Wade has the pressure to actually make an impact consistently. Spurs collectively have some pressure to finally reassert playoff dominance. Pacers have a few candidates as well.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Winning- Clippers as a team

Perform- Paul George

I Love My Team. I Love My City.
    We Are The KnicksTape.

vCash
    anything less than the conference finals is a failure for Indiana. i think CP3 has no excuse not to make it pass the conference semi-finals....he's never going to be on another team as talented as and deep his current team. Lebron has to 3peat if wants to challenge Jordan for GOAT status. The Warriors has to at least make it pass the first round with how much their fans hype them up. Dwight Howard also needs to make it pass the first round to prove his haters wrong.

"Hard" Kobe getting shook by a role player

vCash
    Melo.

Shump, Shump!

vCash
    From the media: Indiana Pacers
    They were the trendy pick to make the Finals and were looking like the best team in the NBA to start the season. A playoff collapse would be seen as a huge step back and put a large spotlight on under performers like George-Hibbert-Stephenson.

From themselves: San Antonio Spurs
    Pop basically said last years finals would haunt him forever. This is their best and possibly last chance to avenge that loss.

vCash
    Kevin Durant

This will be the end of his 7th yr with the Sonics/Thunder.

LeBron didn't win a title for 7 yrs in Cleveland before he made the move in season 8 to Miami.

Jordan won a title in his 7th yr in Chicago.

This yr is huge for KD.

vCash
    People saying Clippers/CP3, Durant/OKC and Miami are right on the money.

The interesting thing is, some of the teams I thought would have pressure really don't. Brooklyn had pressure on them early in the year but that fell apart so quickly nobody expects anything from them now.

Houston, I assumed would have had pressure after forming a "big 2" with Dwight and Harden. But it seems like most people are just giving them a pass due to it being their first year with that unit and playing in such a deep conference.

New York had a pretty good season last year and I thought there was pressure for them to surpass that early on this year but much like Brooklyn, it fell apart so quickly, people have sort of given it a pass.

Warriors I expected to have pressure (and I think they did early on) to stay hot after last season and to live up to the hype that the mainstream media was creating for them, but it seems, they are now in the same place they were last year, not expected by many to do anything.

I expected Memphis to have more pressure after last years run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    Durant and CP3 have to be the top 2 choices, right? Paul George/Roy Hibber and Tony Parker/Tim Duncan are up there as well I would think.

vCash
    Durant.

It's amazing how much scrutiny Lebron got at this point in his career yet everyone just is ready to proclaim durant>lebron without criticism towards durant for not winning with much superior teams than those lebron led cavs teams

vCash
    Westbrook in my opinion, a lot of people outside of the OKC fans want him gone. They don't think he can mesh well with Durant and will prevent him from winning a ring. In my opinion i think they can and will win multiple rings in the future, especially since the big three is getting weaker and the spurs are closing down(2-3 years) on their run. If you watch his games coming back from injury he was facilitating more and making better decisions. He'll make some bonehead plays a couple times in the game, but he is still important to the team.

vCash
    great question. I assume its still LeBron, because at this point, he needs to keep winning titles to make a jump up the all time rankings.

Durant is an interesting one. He really needs to start creating an individual legacy, which is tough to do in such a stacked west.

Paul is also interesting. As great of a player as I regard him, until he can get his team deep into the playoffs, no matter how well he plays, the masses will pile on him.

Great question. I think an argument can be made for multiple players/teams.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Htownballa1622 View Post
    It's amazing how much scrutiny Lebron got at this point in his career yet everyone just is ready to proclaim durant>lebron
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.

vCash
    Chris Paul has to have the most pressure individually. No more "excuses" for his teams (not that I think they are "excuses"). He's been considered a top-3 player, and one of potentially the greatest PGs to ever play. Team success is hugely important to him now.

KD has huge pressure for the first time. I'm sure there are a ton of narratives that will start flowing if he throws a stinker up there in an elimination series.

I think Indy and Paul George are still in their infancy that the pressure isn't too significant. Yeah, they should make the ECF, if almost by default, but I don't think it's end of the world if they don't.

The Heat always will have pressure and will be mocked unless they win it all, even with their recent successes. They'll always have the most external pressure. I think SAS has the most internal pressure...but the outside world won't give them crap.

Besides that, meh. Houston, GS and POR aren't in desperate situations at all. Memphis and Dallas never had championship aspirations, and PHX just making the playoffs is a huge feat in its own. The EC playoff teams outside the top-2 have no expectations, including Brooklyn. Anything those 6 playoff teams do is gravy. If the Knicks squeak in, whatever...they're not making a run and everyone knows it.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Question; If CP3/Clippers and/or KD/OKC don't make it past the conference final, how do you think "fans" will react?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Durant and CP3 have to be the top 2 choices, right?
    The masses certainly seem to see it that way. I dont agree with why thats the case but I understand why these up coming playoffs are pretty much do or die time to some degree. If you were to ask me, Blake Griffin has more pressure on him because the reasons for the Clippers failing these past 2 years have very little to do with their offense, specifically because of CP3's stellar play. The guy has showed up. Blake has gotten injured the last 2 trips to the post season and has cost his team as a result. If he does it again, I feel like CP3 will take a big hit historically speaking. Blake is amassing quite the regular season resume in terms of accolades/recognition, its time for him to perform on the grandest stage.

CP3 is declining to the point where hes no longer the clear cut 3rd best player anymore, its sad that he has all this pressure mounting when hes not at his best anymore, I hope he gets enough help to revive talks of his place in history.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast