Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

On a positive note:

I hate being labeled a complainer/whiner so on a positive note:

Nick Castellanos- Love his bat. He's showing RBI potential that we need and he gets extra bases. The best part is he's not striking out a lot (51 AB/6K) which I thought he would do. The best thing I can say about his defense so far is that he hasn't been a butcher. Which is also better than I thougt.

Raj Davis- I wasn't overly excited about this guy but he's getting on base (.457 OB) and a guy with his base stealing ability needs to be on base. I don't know if he can maintain the success of his batting average (.378) but he could bring something we haven't seen in quite some time on the base paths.

Avila- Kind of good and bad here. He's struck out almost half of his at bats this spring (41 AB/20K) BUT He's stayed healthy and he has a .375 on base somehow. As a catcher if he can bat .250 and get on base, supply some HR's, it's about all you can ask.

vCash
    Austin Jackson hitting .438 and 1.1251 OPS is a positive sign as well.

vCash
    I'd be more than satisfied with Avila hitting .250. Anything else is a bonus. Just provide some sort of offense to balance out with the ability behind the plate.

Catches: 8 Yards: 80 TDs: 1

vCash
    I'll be the Debbie Downer. Why not? Thats what you expect isn't it.
    Sorry boys and GIRLS but as I said in another post. The pitchers these guys were seeing from the first of March until now are either back in the minor leaguers or they are loading trucks at UPS.
    You can't look at ST stats and base your season them or even close. Now is when most teams starters are getting their arm strength and going a few more innings. It might be until mid or end of April before we see any complete games or 8 inning games unless its a 90-95 pitch game.
    Davis has a terrible lifetime OBP .I wouldn't count on him to get on . If you do you are setting yourself up for a let down. he got into many games as pinch runner late and did most of his damage on the base paths.
    Avila is Avila. We'll see the real one so up when the games count.
    I saw NC play three games a about two weeks ago. Don't get your hopes up on him. If we can get .250 / 15/ 60 out of him that will be a bonus. I am worried about his defense. He butchered a couple of balls even you and I could have played.
    I'll say it one last time. I'm very concerned about the bottom of our lineup. We are going to leave lots of runners stranded. And we are really going to miss Fielder. Cabrera will especially. Sorry to burst your bubble but somebody needs to be real on this forum. Its going to be a long season unless these guys mentioned come thru. Including Jackson. The top of the lineup should be fine. Kinsler didn't hit well away from texas but hopefully that changes.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Yeah I wasn't impressed with Castellanos in the field from what I've seen, which admittedly isn't much. That first step to the ball isn't very quick and his arm seems somewhat erratic. He's been solid with the bat though, and really this is what we've been expecting anyway so no real news.

Also, lol Jack you crack me up man

vCash
    I'll be positive. Miggy will win the triple crown this year.

Rushing: 84 Carries, 274Yards, 2 TD
    Receiving: 13 Catch, 115 Yards, 0 TD
    Fumbles: 2....

No fumbles in 3 weeks! Wooo!

2013 Lions forum rookie poster of the year!

vCash
    Miggy may not get enough offical at bats because of walks to qualify for the batting title.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Miggy may not get enough offical at bats because of walks to qualify for the batting title.
    Ausmus' aggressive green light policy will have an effect on it - for sure. How many times will Miggy approach the plate with 1B open? Or how many times will the first base runner steal 2B with Miggy at the plate?

vCash
    Go back pre Fielder years and see how many times Cabrera was issued a BB. Then look at those numbers when Fielder was with the Tigers. Ausmus will have the green light BUT Davis and Kinsler need to get on base before they can run. I do have more faith in Davis stealing bases once he's on. Kinsler isn't the threat he was afew years ago. Same with Jackson at the bottom . IF he can get on I think should get decent numbers but who's going to bring him home?

vCash
    You guys seriously need to get over this whole first base open thing. Bonds was walked >200 times in 2004 and hit 45ish home runs. This whole Miggy not getting at bats or not getting opportunity is the least of this teams worries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Go back pre Fielder years and see how many times Cabrera was issued a BB. Then look at those numbers when Fielder was with the Tigers. Ausmus will have the green light BUT Davis and Kinsler need to get on base before they can run. I do have more faith in Davis stealing bases once he's on. Kinsler isn't the threat he was afew years ago. Same with Jackson at the bottom . IF he can get on I think should get decent numbers but who's going to bring him home?
    Who cares if he was walked? We were a good team before Fielder too. and he was a good player.

vCash
    If Martinez can produce 2011 numbers behind Miggy this year we'll be saying Prince who?

vCash
    If we do need a bat later in the year why not trade Scherzer for Kemp and DDs old buddy Beckett if both prove to be healthy. Aren't we trying to reunite the old Marlins club anyway.

vCash
    I'd take Kemp in a heartbeat depending on what we'd have to send. I dunno about becket. Pitchers tend to go south fast, and he's been bad for a couple years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerRulz66 View Post
    If we do need a bat later in the year why not trade Scherzer for Kemp and DDs old buddy Beckett if both prove to be healthy. Aren't we trying to reunite the old Marlins club anyway.
    They DID win a world series, so I mean....*shrug*
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast