Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Fools Gold???? or do the Raps really have something here ??

So this season has been a tail of two stories. The roster with Rudy Gay was built to compete but it was a huge disapointment and very short lived.

Once the trade happened this young team has made up alot of ground and the 9 games above 500 they are currently at is a bit misleading because alot of fans feel if this roster was together from the start ot the season the raptors would have a better record.

Then theres the flip side to the debate that the east is horrible and alot of teams are tanking or really underachieving (bucks, 76ers, magic, cavs, knicks, etc) There for sticking with this core may not be wise as they look better than they really are..

so which side of the fence are you on ? stick with this core and comit to the development of its young players ? or blow it up and try to rebuild next off season ?
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 03-25-2014 at 02:29 PM.

vCash
    Not another tanking thread... I think this is way too premature, we haven't even clinched a playoff birth.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    damn man, you can get on a plane and disappear in the indian ocean tomorrow.

live for today and enjoy the team as it is.

vCash
    Once Lowry leaves in the offseason we'll have no choice but to rebuild.

vCash
    Meh...this is the most entertaining Raptors team I can remember - they leave it on the floor every night. They are a for real team beating the top teams, they have a winning record vs the west for the first time in the franchise history I believe, and the games they lost they were very competitive (double overtime vs OKC for example). I really don't buy this whole arguement that they are where they are due to the weakness of the east - does that mean that Indy and Miami are only good because of the weakness? Don't think so.

Just enjoy the games...magic number is 3 to make the playoffs...shouldn't be an issue. Fingers crossed that we can maintain the 3rd seed.

vCash
    Does anyone here really want to tank for Wiggins or Parker?

It's all dependent if we keep Lowry.

If he walks, Derozan can definitely bring us a lot back in return.

vCash
    Well, one major domino would be Lowry. The other aspect would be the playoffs. I think we'll wait till the off season to figure this out. At this point simply enjoying the current run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djsunyc View Post

That's pretty damn ignorant.

vCash
    The OP has a legitimate case since

If Lowry leaves, this team misses a very key player. However, will Lowry be the same player if he resigns a long term contract? Statistics show otherwise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    The OP has a legitimate case since

If Lowry leaves, this team misses a very key player. However, will Lowry be the same player if he resigns a long term contract? Statistics show otherwise
    That's why MU and his staff are paid the big bucks to make those kind of tough decisions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    That's why MU and his staff are paid the big bucks to make those kind of tough decisions.
    IMO its a crapshoot.

Lots of players have shown to defy history. Lebron is now clutch. Before last season he was a choke artist.

vCash
    i tried to add a poll, but apparantly you only have 10 mins to do it fromwhen you create the thread and I got tied up with something for a bit. oh well. maybe a mod will ad one later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    Not another tanking thread... I think this is way too premature, we haven't even clinched a playoff birth.
    this is not a tanking thread. I was going to add a poll the options were going to be.

1. Do you have faith in this core ? should we committ to it moving forward.
    2. no this team is only doing well because the east is worse then it has been even in recent years
    3. undecided, waiting to see their performance in the post season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djsunyc View Post

My spirit will still remain with the raptors and I will still lurk psd behind the scenes lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    does that mean you have no opinion on the matter ?? because i know you do

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast