Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

read this, tankers

trey burke laying into fans who want the jazz to lose.

"I think that's just selfish for a fan," Burke said, according to the Salt Lake Tribune. "We play hard, practice hard every single day. Why would we go out there and try to lose? I just think wherever we do land in the lottery, that will be great for us. But to try to tank games and lose games is just absurd."

i couldn't agree more.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    It is a very delicate balance. Players have to develop a winning attitude, but I appreciated Haywards sentiments after the game. He still wants to win, but he said he understood fans perspective; Then went on to add that he knows they are out of playoff contention and so getting better for next year is the main goal. Honestly I'd rather they lose close games, but truth of the matter is a lot of pro NBA players don't really effort every night anyway(so i sort of understand how they are losing badly). I suppose a decent amount of these players will not be back next year, so it will be different team next year in reguarda to a winning mentality. The only thing that would be bad about all the losing is to say it is acceptable in the next yr or two.

vCash
    Hey, when guys like Trey don't feel incensed by the fans who want them to lose, then they are no longer the guys who will be capable of fighting through anything to win a title.

Jazz fans wanted to throw out the vets to get lottery gold; this is the risk you take. Destroying the fire innate in the heart of players who have the ability to grow into something special. It is a dangerous place to be.

And if Monson's article describing a lack of effort is any indication, the winning spirit and culture of hard work in the face of adversity is already starting to errode. People can only endure so much losing before they begin to lose sight of the value of beating their heads against that wall every day trying to improve.

I hate this tank method for winning. I think it is the worst thing to happen to the Jazz since before Frank took the coaching gig.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    its because of the nba system. its as simple as that. the 4th pick is worth significantly more then the 6th pick. as fans we want the team to get better and winning a game this late in the season doesn't help us at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRodsHair View Post
    Hey, when guys like Trey don't feel incensed by the fans who want them to lose, then they are no longer the guys who will be capable of fighting through anything to win a title.

Jazz fans wanted to throw out the vets to get lottery gold; this is the risk you take. Destroying the fire innate in the heart of players who have the ability to grow into something special. It is a dangerous place to be.

And if Monson's article describing a lack of effort is any indication, the winning spirit and culture of hard work in the face of adversity is already starting to errode. People can only endure so much losing before they begin to lose sight of the value of beating their heads against that wall every day trying to improve.

I hate this tank method for winning. I think it is the worst thing to happen to the Jazz since before Frank took the coaching gig.
    Which Jazz fans wanted this again? I don't think any exist here? All we want is the young guys to grow, learn how to win together and become better players.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumba View Post
    Which Jazz fans wanted this again? I don't think any exist here? All we want is the young guys to grow, learn how to win together and become better players.
    Agreed, I knew this year was going to be rough. I don't think draft picks are what we need to succeed at this point. We have a talented roster that needs developed imo. Kanter is leaps and bounds what he was last year, even without his summer work outs due to his injury. Burke is only going to get better from here, and is the best hustler on the floor. Favors has been doing pretty well for himself this year too. And of course Hayward has learned quite a bit. They just need to learn to play together and that takes time, no other way around it.

vCash
    If someone on this team turned into a superstar, fans wouldn't want them to lose. When they get blown out by the worst team in the league and laugh about it leaving the court, they shouldn't even have the audacity to make a statement like that. If they think they're good enough, why don't they show it?

Warriors come out and Ta-ank.

vCash
    What's laughable is some fans expectations of this year. We lose against bad teams because currently the team is constructed to be bad itself and it is. You can bring up instances where we lose to other bad teams yet they have also beat some of the best teams in the league. That's what a season of young experienced but potential stud players bring you. Highs and lows, so much crying yet not enough tissue to go around.

vCash
    Dang man, we are 2-12 this month and somehow we are winning to much. Say that out loud and see how ridiculous that sounds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Dang man, we are 2-12 this month and somehow we are winning to much. Say that out loud and see how ridiculous that sounds.
    Love it. People need to stop crying. The team is working hard and playing hard. Let them win when they can!!

vCash
    I wish people would stop with this tanking nonsense. We are not tanking on purpose. We are simply playing to our potential. And we suck. Obviously Corbin isn't helping either. What we DO have is an outstanding supporting cast in place for a superstar to come into. We need that one guy. The guy that comes around every ten years or so. The guy that can score at will, that you know will score at the end of the game with the ball in his hands. Unfortunately, the draft is really our only chance to find that guy - and even then - the chance of finding him is minimal. But it's our only chance. KD, LBJ, they ain't coming to Utah anytime soon.

We're going all in to find that guy this season. I am in full support of what the organization is trying to do, and how they're going about doing it. Does anyone really miss the Mo Williams, Big Al days? I sure don't.

Enough with the 8th seed and the first round exit. This is the only way to build a CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDER in Utah. This team will will soar with a Wiggins or Parker. We're just missing that one piece.

vCash
    our team, this year, is missing 'that ONE piece' ?!?[emphasis added] what team are you watching???

and we'll stop with that tanking nonsense when fans quit bit*hing when we win and when every other post isn't, 'there's soooooo much difference between 4th and 6th spot'... completely ignoring the lottery aspect of it.

...y'all would make terrible poker players.
    Last edited by chipurmunki; 03-27-2014 at 07:52 PM.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    One thing becomes more and more obvious to me - we need one superstar or we need multiple new "team identity" type players. I do have faith that we could draft Wiggins or Parker and that player ends up being a phenom. That is entirely possible. We have a great team to support an elite talent - youth and potential in every single position. However, I'm also realistic - the chance of us getting Parker or Wiggins is slim and the chance that they are an elite NBA game changing talent is even slimmer.

So although we could rely on drafting the next great thing, I've had a revelation the last week or so about what we should do - I think we should go the Boston Celtics route this draft. What I mean by that is we should do what Boston did before when they got Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen to join Paul Pierce. Boston traded a first rounder for Ray Allen and then a first rounder and Al Jefferson for Garnett.

So who would those type players be? I'm not sure but I think that would do us well. I have a lot of faith in Burke, Burks, Hayward and Kanter as premiere role players and supporting starters. Not stars, but guys who would excel next to a star. I think that Burke and/or Burks might even evolve into a very good player. Favors, on the other hand, just doesn't do it for me. I know that a lot of people have a lot of faith in him, but I just don't see him being a centerpiece. You don't build around Tyson Chandler or Amare Stoudemire. They compliment studs like Dirk or Nash to be part of a special team or they just kind of exist on mediocre teams.

So what I'm saying is this - if we can trade Favors and/or a pick to get a very good player (Kyrie, Love, Stephenson, Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes, etc.), then I would consider it. It's not like we lose much replacing Favors with Kanter. But to have an emerging game changing star or current star would get us back to relevance.

I guess we could also try to get a good player by taking a bad contract and sending a draft pick to get that good player, but those deals seem to be harder to come by now-a-days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo Porto View Post
    One thing becomes more and more obvious to me - we need one superstar or we need multiple new "team identity" type players. I do have faith that we could draft Wiggins or Parker and that player ends up being a phenom. That is entirely possible. We have a great team to support an elite talent - youth and potential in every single position. However, I'm also realistic - the chance of us getting Parker or Wiggins is slim and the chance that they are an elite NBA game changing talent is even slimmer.

So although we could rely on drafting the next great thing, I've had a revelation the last week or so about what we should do - I think we should go the Boston Celtics route this draft. What I mean by that is we should do what Boston did before when they got Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen to join Paul Pierce. Boston traded a first rounder for Ray Allen and then a first rounder and Al Jefferson for Garnett.

So who would those type players be? I'm not sure but I think that would do us well. I have a lot of faith in Burke, Burks, Hayward and Kanter as premiere role players and supporting starters. Not stars, but guys who would excel next to a star. I think that Burke and/or Burks might even evolve into a very good player. Favors, on the other hand, just doesn't do it for me. I know that a lot of people have a lot of faith in him, but I just don't see him being a centerpiece. You don't build around Tyson Chandler or Amare Stoudemire. They compliment studs like Dirk or Nash to be part of a special team or they just kind of exist on mediocre teams.

So what I'm saying is this - if we can trade Favors and/or a pick to get a very good player (Kyrie, Love, Stephenson, Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes, etc.), then I would consider it. It's not like we lose much replacing Favors with Kanter. But to have an emerging game changing star or current star would get us back to relevance.

I guess we could also try to get a good player by taking a bad contract and sending a draft pick to get that good player, but those deals seem to be harder to come by now-a-days.
    Sorry lo, but you don't think Favors is a centerpiece but trading him for a Harrison Barnes or Klay Thompson because they are centerpieces?
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Lo that's got to be one of the most ridiculous post I've read yet. I wouldn't trade a Klondike bar for Harrison Barnes let alone favors. If you don't think warriors wouldn't do that in a second you would be wrong and the reason being they would be giving the old stiffer to the jazz in that trade. Favors is by far a better player then kanter and it's not even close unless you only look at simple stats. To think the drop off wouldn't be that much is insane and makes me question you even watching the jazz at all. My guess you read comments, look at box scores and catch the occasional game. Favors is definitely our best player as it stands and has been showing major improvement and development. I almost fill like that post was a completely troll post.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast