Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Mock draft post free-agency

I like to do mock drafts, don't judge me.

1. Houston Texans- DE Jadeveon Clowney. I finally jumped on the bandwagon. Unless teams are putting up smoke screens, it seems like more people are dropping the top QB's by the day. O'Brien is a very good coach, so I think he can teach up a QB from later in the draft or trade for Ryan Mallet or someone. This allows them to take BPA instead of need. I don't think I have to go in depth on why Watt and Clowney would be ridiculous together.

2. (Trade) Cleveland Browns- WR Sammy Watkins. The Browns have already built a good, young core if you don't count the QB position. With 2 picks in the 1st round, I expect the Browns to draft their QB of the future and another WR weapon and I don't see them sitting on their hands hoping the players they want fall to them. The Jaguars take Watkins if he's there IMO, so Cleveland moves up to guarantee their Gordon-Watkins duo.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars- OLB Khalil Mack. QB's are gonna fall, IMO, because teams are 1) not overly enamored by this years QB's and 2) next year's QB draft is looking strong. Jaguars are the most disappointed with the lack of QBs atop the draft because Clowney had a chance to fall right into their laps. However, Mack is a very good consolation prize. They still get a top pass rusher, just not the once in a generation potential.

4. St. Louis Rams- (From Cleveland). OL Greg Robinson. I really have a tough time finding a realistic scenario where the Rams "lose" in this draft. This scenario has them picking up picks later in this deep draft, getting a 2nd rounder for next year, and still getting the guy they want/need. Oh and they still have another 1st round pick.

5. Oakland Raiders- QB Teddy Bridgewater. Hardest team to predict. They can just go BPA, which leaves a lot of options. Here, they can't pass up Bridgewater. The Schaub trade is what allows this pick to happen. Bridgewater won't be asked to come in and start day 1 and can be groomed a bit. Next year's draft when teams are fighting over their franchise QB, the Raiders will already have theirs.

6. Atlanta Falcons- OL Jake Matthews. Getting a pass rusher is a high priority for the Falcons, however, with Clowney and Mack gone, they decide on BPA that also improves a weakness. I don't think the Falcons want to wait on Anthony Barr to develop, but Matthews is NFL ready and would start and improve their line year 1.

7. Tampa Bay Bucs- OLB Anthony Barr. Lovie Smith is building a strong defense in Tampa and you can never have too much of a pass rush. More and more we are seeing teams adding situational pass rushers. I see the Bucs treating Barr like the 49ers did Aldon Smith; have him be a situational pass rusher for year 1 and let him work on his overall game behind the scenes.

8. Minnesota Vikings- QB Blake Bortles. Vikings are very fortunate that they can select Bortles without having to trade up for him. This team has so much dysfunction at the QB position that someone needs to come forward as the clear cut guy. Bortles will give the Vikings much more stability as a signal caller.

9. Buffalo Bills- OL Taylor Lewan. Manuel needs weapons, but he also needs protection. I'm not too worried about Lewan's off the field issues. Glenn and Lewan are a couple quality tackles to protect their franchise. Safety is also a position Buffalo could go with this pick with HaHa still there.

10. Detroit Lions- WR Mike Evans. Johnson-Evans-Tate would be a dangerous trio for Stafford to sling the ball to. Not too much to say as this is a pretty obvious pick, but Safety could also be a possibility here.

11. (Trade) New York Jets- TE Eric Ebron. Rex Ryan knows how to get a defense to play, but his teams have always had offensive problems. Seems like every year there's a new freak athlete TE that emerges and teams are finding new ways to use them. Ebron should be able to expand the Jets offense, whether it's Geno taking his play to the next level or Vick trying to jump start his career.

12. New York Giants- DT Aaron Donald. Linval Joseph was a big loss for the Giants as a once great defensive line is now a weakness. Donald would play a major factor along the line for time to come. A WR/TE is certainly an option as well, but I don't love Lee here and Ebron is already gone.

13. St. Louis Rams- S HaHa Clinton-Dix. Secondary was going to be the pick, the question was just CB or S. I elected for safety and HaHa is the best one in this class. If Dennard is still here, he could very well be the pick.

14. Chicago Bears- DT Louis Nix. Nix has some worries about his knee, but when he has played he's been rather dominant. A team desperate for defensive line help would welcome Nix into their rotation. If the Rams elect CB, HaHa is likely the pick.

15. Pittsburgh Steelers- CB Darqueze Dennard. Gilbert is rising up draft boards with his combine, but Dennard is still the top CB as his tape is more consistent. Plus, Dennard is the more physical CB, a perfect fit for the Steelers. I don't like the Steelers reaching for a WR with this selection even if it may be more pressing of a need.

16. (Trade) San Francisco 49ers- CB Justin Gilbert. The first 2 picks for the 49ers this year will be a CB and a WR. Rogers had to be cut and Brown was just lower on the totem pole than our other free agents. Brock looked solid last year, but it's doubtful he's a #1 corner. Culliver showed a lot of potential, but he's coming off a season-long injury and is a free agent next year. After that there's nothing to get excited about, Chris Cook was brought in. Gilbert is needed on the 49ers now and in the future, so they make their move.

17. Baltimore Ravens- OL Zack Martin. The thought is the Ravens will be drafting with Joe Flacco on their mind. That means either giving him more weapons or more protection. Steve Smith is a quality signing that allows them to focus on the line first. Martin can play any position along the line and could be eyed as the starter at RT.

18. Tennessee Titans (from New York Jets)- ILB CJ Mosely. Verner left the Titans with a huge hole in the secondary, but Tennessee's LBs are rather underwhelming and Mosely can do it all. CB can be addressed with Tennessee's next pick as there are quality CB's later in the draft. Mosely has a good chance to still be on the board with this pick, so Tennessee grabs a 3rd rounder in a deep draft and get help in a position of need.

19. (Trade) Cleveland Browns- QB Derek Carr. Like I said earlier, Cleveland will come into this draft knowing exactly what they want and won't wait around for it to fall to them. Some people favor Johnny Manziel, but it's clear that the Browns want Carr. The Browns have much of their supporting cast already, they just need their QB and 2nd WR, making some of their mid-round picks expendable to fill major needs.

20. Arizona Cardinals- S Calvin Pryor. The Cardinals addressed their biggest need, offensive line, in free agency, allowing this pick to improve an already good defense. A pass rusher is also a possibility, but I have the Cardinals adding another playmaker to a young secondary.

21. Green Bay Packers- Ra'Shede Hageman. Peppers, even with his age, will help the Packers defensive line this season, but it's still a position of need for the future. Hageman can be a rotational player this year and has the potential to be a quality starter for years to come.

22. (Trade) Houston Texans- QB Johnny Manziel. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the talking heads are way more enamored with Manziel than teams are. Once Manziel falls beyond #5, it's a slippery slope for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he completely falls out of the 1st round, however, I have to imagine teams that need a QB will pick up their phones when they see Manziel creeping lower and lower. Right now, Houston seems the most likely to do so.

23. Kansas City Chiefs- WR Marqise Lee. The Chiefs biggest need is at WR and Marqise Lee would be a fine addition. Lee could very well be gone by this pick as teams ahead of the Chiefs could use a WR, but luckily for the Chiefs he falls through the cracks.

24. Cincinnati Bengals- DE Kony Ealy. The Bengals need help and youth on the defensive side of the ball, specifically along the line and at cornerback. With Michael Johnson bolting for Tampa, Cincy finds themself drafting a pass rusher with a lot of potential. Verrett would most likely be the pick if they opt to go with the secondary.

25. San Diego Chargers- CB Jason Verrett. The Chargers secondary was terrible last year, which led to a much needed change. The Chargers only have 1 CB on their roster with significant starting experience. While adding a CB via the draft won't change that, Verrett would have a very strong chance to start day 1 and may be a better option.

26. Miami Dolphins (From Cleveland)- OL Xavier Su'a-Filo. Miami needs help at multiple positions along their offensive line. Su'a-Filo has the ability to play anywhere along the line, something he showed during his senior season at UCLA. Albert was a great acquisition, but he can't solve their offensive line problems alone.

27. New Orleans Saints- CB Bradley Roby. The Saints offense will always be dangerous as long as Payton and Brees are there. WR has become a need, but not big enough to spend their 1st rounder on. The Saints secondary is set at 3 positions, the missing piece being a 2nd CB. Roby is a part of the 2nd tier of CB prospects, but he has the potential to emerge as the best.

28. Carolina Panthers- WR Odell Beckham Jr. Carolina almost has to go WR in the first round. Benjamin is an option, but he's too raw to be asked to come in and be a top target immediately. Beckham has tons of speed and should be able to hook up with Newton for a few long touchdowns.

29. New England Patriots- DE Stephon Tuitt. New England was active in free agency to make a run this year. This pick is likely to be on the defensive side of the ball and their line needs help right now as well as in the future. Adding Tuitt to the rotation will bring some needed depth and youth.

30. Dallas Cowboys (From San Francisco)- OLB Dee Ford. Ford's stock has been falling, but he's still a pass rusher with a lot of potential, something worth adding at the end of the 1st round. Dallas needs lots of help along their defensive line, even with adding Melton, so this pick makes a lot of sense.

31. Denver Broncos- CB Kyle Fuller. Denver's holes on the offensive side of the ball aren't important enough to spend a first round pick on. Even though the Broncos acquired Talib, adding CB depth is usually a smart decision. The Broncos can go in many directions along the defense with this pick.

32. Seattle Seahawks- WR Kelvin Benjamin. Seattle has replacements already on their roster for most of the players they lost on the defensive side of the ball. Offensively, the replacement they don't have is at WR. Benjamin is raw and needs work, but in Seattle he won't be asked or expected to do too much too early. If coached up properly, Benjamin has the physical tools to be a very good WR for awhile.

And a bonus one for the Eagles fans, whose team traded out of the 1st round to pick #33.
    33. Philadelphia Eagles- OLB Kyle Van Noy. Philly has to go defense with their first few picks of this draft. Van Noy is the highest rated defensive player I have left. He can get after the QB and could be used more situational at first before seeing an expanded role.

St. Louis trades #2. Cleveland trades #4, #83, #123, 2015 2nd rounder
    Tennessee trades #11. New York Jets trade #18, #69, #142
    Dallas trades #16. San Francisco trades #30, #61, #125, #218
    Miami trades #19, #81. Cleveland trades #26, #71, #102, #164
    Philadelphia trades #22, #118. Houston trades #33, #65
    2014 PSD Mock NFL Draft Baltimore Ravens
    Round 1: S HaHa Clinton-Dix
    Round 2: WR Allen Robinson
    Round 3: OT Jack Mewhort
    Round 3: RB Bishop Sankey
    Round 4: CB Victor Hampton
    Round 4: ILB Preston Brown
    Round 5: ILB Avery Williamson
    Round 6: WR Ryan Grant

vCash
    I honestly wouldn't mind the Zach Martin pick one bit. The Ravens' OL would be remarkably upgraded from last year...
    Monroe - Martin - Zuttah - Yanda - Osemele

I could dig that.

Although my preference is still a WR in the 1st round or possibly HCD if he falls to 17 or a trade back and nab Jimmie Ward and pick up some extra picks in the 2nd-5th round range.

Brandin Cooks
    Future Baltimore Raven

vCash
    Don't think Mack fits the Leo position best.

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketKings View Post
    I honestly wouldn't mind the Zach Martin pick one bit. The Ravens' OL would be remarkably upgraded from last year...

I could dig that.

Although my preference is still a WR in the 1st round or possibly HCD if he falls to 17 or a trade back and nab Jimmie Ward and pick up some extra picks in the 2nd-5th round range.
    Bingo
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Great pick. And he doesn't have to fit the Leo role.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jags4Life View Post
    Agreed. And Mack is a rare guy that many feel you can move almost anywhere. ILB, OLB, Rush LB, DE. He's just defensive talent.

And I like the reasoning behind the Steelers pick. I'm so torn on Dennard and Gilbert. One's got the length and tackling, two things that LeBeau values highly in his CB's. The other is just a ball hawk and defensive playmaker. Can't reall go wrong with either one.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jags4Life:28208704
    doesn't fit wlb and we have Watson whom is already the starter. Best choice is trade back or take an ot

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville:28208808
    Quote Originally Posted by Jags4Life:28208704
    doesn't fit wlb and we have Watson whom is already the starter. Best choice is trade back or take an ot
    just to add on Mack would be more of a Leo on our defense. No thanks. Clowney I get but Mack not really. Probably would be a strongside linebacker and we just got one the staff likes

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Falcons seem solid. I could see us going Barr instead but Matthews wouldn't be bad at all.

vCash
    haha i like how you added the eagles pick as a bonus. i appreciate it and i think van noy is a great pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Agreed. And Mack is a rare guy that many feel you can move almost anywhere. ILB, OLB, Rush LB, DE. He's just defensive talent.

And I like the reasoning behind the Steelers pick. I'm so torn on Dennard and Gilbert. One's got the length and tackling, two things that LeBeau values highly in his CB's. The other is just a ball hawk and defensive playmaker. Can't reall go wrong with either one.
    I think steelers go benjamin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketKings View Post

I could dig that.

I could see Lee being the pick if he's still there like my mock, however, like the Steelers, I don't think the Ravens should reach for one of the 2nd tier WR at 17. Too much depth there in this draft. A lot of teams are looking to trade back this year, too. If the Ravens can find the partner, it might be the smart move.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    Falcons seem solid. I could see us going Barr instead but Matthews wouldn't be bad at all.
    Last time I checked, Matt Ryan will still be throwing to Roddy White and Julio Jones. I think making sure that combo is working at optimum level should be a high priority because they can win games alone. If Mack falls to this pick, I endorse it 100%. Barr is too much of a project and risk for the Falcons, imo. Matthews is BPA at this point and does help solidify a need.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMan28 View Post
    haha i like how you added the eagles pick as a bonus. i appreciate it and i think van noy is a great pick.
    I figured the whole Eagles fanbase was anxiously awaiting my mock, so leaving them without a pick would be very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

You cant. And if my mock holds true, I'd gladly trade up for the one that you guys don't want. Dennard was also the best defensive player on the best defense in the country last year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    He absolutely fits it. The only players I'd say may fit it better is Ealy and Barr. His 6.83 3 cone drill is insane (Ealy). Mack may be a better overall pass rusher though. Everyone says this is a bad year for pass rushers. I disagree. I think Ealy, Barr, Mack, and obviously Clowney all have great potential and could be elite pass rushers I the NFL. Only reason I don't take Barr higher is because I think he has the biggest bust potential.
    Last edited by seahawks509; 03-25-2014 at 07:10 PM.

PSD NFL Mock Draft | Seattle Seahawks GM
    2nd Demarcus Lawrence DE/OLB Boise State
    3rd Martavis Bryant WR Clemson
    3rd Trai Turner OG LSU
    4th Brent Urban DT Virginia
    4th Terrence West RB Towson
    5th Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    7th Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill (Canada)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seahawks509:28211409
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    He absolutely fits it. The only players I'd say may fit it better is Ealy and Barr. His 6.83 3 cone drill is insane (Ealy). Mack may be a better overall pass rusher though. Everyone says this is a bad year for pass rushers. I disagree. I think Ealy, Barr, Mack, and obviously Clowney all have great potential and could be elite pass rushers I the NFL. Only reason I don't take Barr higher is because I think he has the biggest bust potential.
    Ya I read that from Caldwell but Leo isn't a huge need for us. We go 3 deep there easily already.

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    I dont Bridgewater at all for Oakland. Rather have Bortles. Plus if you are drafting a player in the top to sit and learn you take the better prospect in Borltes. Bridgewater is not a player I would touch in this draft personally. In all actuality I dont see the Raiders getting a QB at all in the 1st round. They traded for Schaub and announced he would be there starters. Both Reggie and Allen are on the hot seat this season. I dont see them spending a top 5 pick on a player who is going to come in and ride the bench. Raiders need a player to come in and start for them. I dont see them drafting any QB at 5. Trading down and taking Donald would be a much better pick for Oakland.
    Raiders Keith McGill

PSD Mock Draft Raiders GM
    1st Anothony Barr OLB UCLA
    2nd Dominique Easley DT University of Florida
    3rd Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    4th Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
    4th Jordan Zumwalt ILB/OLB UCLA
    5th Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
    5th Richard Rodgers, TE, California
    5th Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama
    6th Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska
    7th Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon