Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Draft(who do you want and why)?

So the title speaks for it self who do you want in the draft and why? I know we have other threads were we have spoken about it but say if the draft is today and you are the trigger puller. Who do you pick? I will start. I have been torn about my pick because I felt like a homer so I went back and forth. If he is there I pick Odell Beckham. He fills a WR and Return need. Hints 2 needs in one. I feel there are better receiver's but he fills 2 needs so it makes him higher on my board. I could have went defensive end but I like my defense it was in the top 10 all year and I have already improved threw free agency. So now I am better and can address some needs later (Cb) I have White to fall back on but I do not have a WR or KR to fall back on so Odell Beckham is my pick if he is there that's my pick and why so What's Yours?

BAD DIRTY BIRD

vCash
    1st

1. Mosley we need a LB inside that's not slow as hell.

2. Beckham.....

2nd
    3. Baptiste

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay33 View Post
    1st

2. Beckham.....

2nd
    3. Baptiste
    I'll cosign this. I would like to have a LB that crushes people and really really (yes that is 2 really's) want a play making WR. I have seen alot of ODB at LSU so I know how he plays and what he can bring. I would definitely take him if he is there. Cooks is also a player I would like because of his speed. Depending where we are at I would take Dre Archer to be that explosive Reggie Bush/Darren Sproles type x factor back. Baptiste to be honest I haven't seen tape on him but I would like to have a big corner on the other side of Lewis. With that our DB's are set and the LB corps is set too. I know the NFC south is always tuff and no one ever goes back to back as the division champs but I think with a FEW other players we can be a special team. Its another year under Rob Ryan and his defense so players are understanding what we are doing here. The loss of Harper and Jenkins and the addition of Byrd makes it an upgrade. I may be a homer to this, but I think that it is going to be a good year for us.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

vCash
    At the end of the day.............

Here is a list of positions that I hope we get BPA at.

ILB

OL

TE

CB

OLB

WR

RB

K
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    If you want to click through the Top performers in the Combine drills:
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-perfo...-LB-CB-OL-SPEC
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay33 View Post
    1st

2. Beckham.....

2nd
    3. Baptiste
    I'll cosign this. I would like to have a LB that crushes people and really really (yes that is 2 really's) want a play making WR. I have seen alot of ODB at LSU so I know how he plays and what he can bring. I would definitely take him if he is there. Cooks is also a player I would like because of his speed. Depending where we are at I would take Dre Archer to be that explosive Reggie Bush/Darren Sproles type x factor back. Baptiste to be honest I haven't seen tape on him but I would like to have a big corner on the other side of Lewis. With that our DB's are set and the LB corps is set too. I know the NFC south is always tuff and no one ever goes back to back as the division champs but I think with a FEW other players we can be a special team. Its another year under Rob Ryan and his defense so players are understanding what we are doing here. The loss of Harper and Jenkins and the addition of Byrd makes it an upgrade. I may be a homer to this, but I think that it is going to be a good year for us.

1. Yeah we need that LB with range who can sideline to sideline OR play in coverage.

2. I really like ODB. I'm not so sure about cook. I know he's fast, but is he elusive, can he make guys miss and get YAC. If he can I'm all for it.

3. Yeah that big CB is something I want as well. With the way the rules are now. You have to be able to really jam guys up at the line in that first 5yds. Other wise you got no shot.

And I still think white is gonna be good because he has that type of physical ability. But we definitely need to pick up a big CB in the draft. Maybe then we can get rid of Prob.

vCash
    What do you guys think about Sammy Watkins brother? He plays Cb and doubled as a safety 225 at 22 times runs a 4.4 forty anybody got any info on him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nobreed504 View Post
    What do you guys think about Sammy Watkins brother? He plays Cb and doubled as a safety 225 at 22 times runs a 4.4 forty anybody got any info on him?
    He Is also only 5"11

vCash
    Isn't he the top rated WR?

Best defenders are in the stands!

vCash
    Dee Ford. This would put our defense over the top he's a hell of a pass rusher and he's motivated to show the league that he's better than clowney.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Isn't he the top rated WR?
    Not Sammy his older brother Jaylen Watkins he is a Cb out of Florida he is a projected 2nd or 3rd round pick I made it clear with my first pick ODB 2nd Watkins

vCash
    I usually just go off of the NFL analysis.

Jaylen Watkins
    Strengths Nice size for a cornerback. Good fluidity and movement skills. Alert in zones. Flashes some playmaking ability. Versatile -- lines up as a corner, safety and nickel defender and plays on all special teams. Brother, Sammy, projects as a top-10 pick.

Weaknesses Thin-framed, small-boned and short-armed with minimal muscular development. Lacks ideal size and strength for a safety and quickness and burst for a corner. Average press strength to re-route receivers. Allows separation at break points -- late to transition out of his pedal. Too grabby. Selective hitter -- shows up in spurts. Not a physical tackler. Tends to propel his shoulder into ball carriers and needs to do a better job securing tackles.

Draft Projection Rounds 4-5

Bottom Line A fluid, loose-hipped, versatile cover man who projects to a No. 3 or No. 4 corner in the pros, Watkins could most ideally fit in the slot, with enough physicality to defend the run and fine short-area cover skills to match up with shifty receivers.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    No.....with that kind if project. Might as well just get a UDFA.

vCash
    In Round 1? I want a linebacker, a cornerback, or a wide receiver. I'd be happy with any of those positions. At CB, I think Kyle Fuller would be a great fit and he's projected (for what it's worth) to go around where we pick. He's got decent size and can play off-man, press, or zone coverage without a problem (in college obviously, but I haven't seen or heard of anyone seeing a lot of deficiencies in his versatility). He's underrated against the run (he was a beast against Georgia Tech and really tackled well). He's great at getting his head around the play the ball, too. To me, he's the clear #3 CB in the class with a significant lead on the guys behind him and he's gaining on Dennard and Gilbert in my opinion. At ILB, C.J. Mosley is far and away the best in the class. it's not close. No clue where he's going to go though. Lots of rumors that he may drop in Round 1, but he's so much better than the other ILB's. This class doesn't have the depth at that position that last year's did for sure. The great thing about WR is that there are a million of them this year. Odell Beckham, Brandin Cooks, etc. all have potential in Round 1 but there's so many players...

What I would do is pick between Fuller, Mosely, or BPA pass rusher (you can never have too many) but I think the Saints (based on history) are more likely to disregard LB and take a WR or DB in Round 1. My guess is Fuller.

As for who I'd want...so many players...I guess I have to stick with Fuller

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    I guess on the other side of things the pick that would surprise me the most would be if we took a QB or TE or RB high in the draft.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast